Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:offtopic: Gotta <3 the hackers

Hacker Turns Westboro Baptist Church Hate Page Into Donation Site

The Westboro Baptist Church can add another group to its "hate" list: hackers.
<snipped>

The website was unavailable at time of writing, but according to reports, another message below the image read: "'On the 8th day, God created hackers, and he saw that it was good.' From the Gospel according to @th3j35t3r Redirecting in 5 seconds……." Moments later, then, visitors were taken to a Red Cross donation site for victims of the storm.
<snipped>

http://mashable.com/2013/05/25/westboro-hacker-oklahoma/

Not gonna lie, I would love to see the hackers get to another site, if you know what/who I mean.

Aw, the phelps family! What my hometown is probably best known for!

My best friend from high school was down and she filled me in on them. Most of the family are lawyers. Fred's a lawyer. One DIL is an ICU nurse. Very nice, according to my friend who works at the same hospital. Nobody talks about what they do or believe. She said they're very educated, intelligent people who just also happen to be bat chit crazy.

After listening to the foreman of the jury talk, all I can think is this: We are lucky, LUCKY, that Arias was convicted of 1st degree, premeditated murder. Lucky. Some of the things that he said really left me somewhat astonished. It was clear from the interviews that he is convinced that JA was just fine until she met Travis, and then she went off the deep end. So it's TA's fault. Seriously? Did he listen to the evidence at all? I will say, though, that the phone-sex tape probably really hurt TA in the eyes of some of those jurors, even though JA was into it too. I still think that hearing TA saying those things, which sound really aggressive if one is inclined to listen to the tape that way, may have tainted him in the eyes of some of those jurors.

"In an interview Friday, jury foreman provided a glimpse into the private deliberations, describing four women and eight men who struggled with the question: How heinous of a killing deserves a similar fate? "The system we think is flawed in that sense because this was not a case of a Jeffrey Dahmer or Charles Manson," jury foreman told The Associated Press.
"It was a brutal no-win situation. ... I think that's kind of unfair." "We're not lawyers. We can't interpret the law. We're mere mortals. And I will tell you I've never felt more mere as a mortal than I felt for the last five months." "

I can't find it now because I'm tired but I could have sworn he said something like CMja wasn't like Jeffrey Dahmer or Charles Manson.

Well, no she isn't. They admitted their crimes with no equivocation.

Dang...I. Stuck outside with a fire going on in the fire pit and can't go inside to e laptop to post the ole calm me down music.......let's all be happy this B got convicted if anything else. I hate that me hubs was right again with this jury.....but at least she got convicted and in a heinous way.........forget the DP...let her rot in prison..".let her become someones...B....?

"He's merciless," Zervakos said of the lead prosceutor on he case. "I don't like being talked to like I'm stupid and I feel like that happened a few times."

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...ial-trouble-in-sentencing-phase#ixzz2ULwjyi34

Talk down to you? What is he even talking about? Ultra-sensitive, isn't he. This juror's got a screw loose imo. :moo:

Yet he helped get the Murder 1 conviction. Cry and whine about JM all you want...JA still got murder 1. It gets so.old hearing people complain when they can't see the forest through the trees. He complains yet apparently JM did his job in concincing them. Yeeeesh.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Dang...I. Stuck outside with a fire going on in the fire pit and can't go inside to e laptop to post the ole calm me down music.......let's all be happy this B got convicted if anything else. I hate that me hubs was right again with this jury.....but at least she got convicted and in a heinous way.........forget the DP...let her rot in prison..".let her become someones...B....?

My hubby was right too, but I enjoyed paying up.:blushing:

I still think DP this fall.

:cheers: :winner: :cheers: :winner: :cheers:​

:seeya:
I can see everyone is busy sleuthing in here and I'm happy that juror #17 has spoken up. I haven't been keeping up. I'd rather think that the foreman had the wool pulled over his eyes by Arias than to imagine any nefarious circumstances. Have there been any interviews where he sympathised appropriately with the Alexander family? I hope so.

I downloaded Gone Girl last night and it's great. I've been glued to it all day. I'm bracing myself for the end, so please don't tell me.

Has anyone got a recommendation for another great book? I see the rest of Gillian Flynn's books haven't got as many reviews on Amazon. This seems to be 'the one.'

I would be grateful for any other Sleuther's recommendations. Even nearly as good? I'm fond of the old twist at the end.
TIA!!!

:tyou:​

Flynn's Dark Places is good! I think all Sleuthers would like it!
I also really like Kate Atkinson's Case Histories

I meant her tweets. She's made about 100 in the past day.

https://twitter.com/tarakelley320

Oh, wow, that's really cool! I don't have a Twitter account, but this is MEGA interesting, from Tara, one of the alternate jurors, and someone asking her a question (more at the link - thanks, SS!):

Dkat&#8207;@Dkat20126h
@tarakelley320 Have you since seen the interview where #jodiarias says she felt the jury betrayed her? If not I will find you the link...

Tara Kelley&#8207;@tarakelley3206h
@Dkat2012 I did!!! What a bunch of crap! Of course she feels betrayed, she really thought we were all fooled by her!

Good for you. It is good spiritual practice to hear strong opinions with which you differ and not break union with that person.

Some of us surround ourselves only with people who agree with our politics, our religion, even our sports preferences. We become like a closed room that never gets any air.

When you are lucky enough to hear something completely different than what you usually hear, lean towards it. There's a learning opportunity for you. Ask the person why they think like they do. They may open up and tell you their life story which leads to the opinion they have. That's a view of the world you would never get to experience.

I may never travel, but I can sure travel in the world of ideas if I remain open. So many people are afraid of the opinions of others--it's like being afraid of salt. Yes, salt can ruin the soil if it's poured in a field just before planting. It can also make a plain beans and rice dish much more savory.

People are not bad if they see things differently than you. Most strong opinions are PERSONAL. They are triggered by personal experiences and feelings in our subconscious minds that we don't even know are there.

We may dislike Juan Martinez and not know why even though we can see he's getting the job done. We may like Nurmi in spite of his slowness of speech because our fav uncle was big and slow like that. The stronger the reaction, the more likely it is to be a projection.

I was just pulling Tulessa's leg -- but I appreciate your thoughtful post!

Yes, I've seen you post that before, I think. Like I said, I understand that my pov is contrary to what most people here believe. But it is definitely what a lot of people who are not here think. Including a lot of the locals. I'm not lying when I tell you that I don't know one single person in my personal or professional life that has said that they like Juan's style and many have said (totally independent from any comment by me) that he has done his case more harm then good considering the mountain of evidence against her. If they're thinking that, and I'm thinking that, and people's moms are thinking that, and the foreman of the jury apparently thought that, then maybe it's worth considering that there might be something to it, imo.
Funny, I've spoken with a lot of people in my personal and professional life that admire JM's aggressive and no-nonsense style. Maybe JM just doesn't like bull carpers and wears his heart on his sleeve. And the DT threw up a lot of witnesses who spewed nothing but BS.

And really, his style seems to work pretty well for him ... see Wendi Andriano for example. Who cares what the jury foreman says about JM's style ? He was only one of 15 ... we've already had one other on Twitter that admired JM's style.

The State's case was laid out perfectly or Mr. Jury Foreman would not have voted guilty on 1st degree murder or for cruelty in the aggravation phase. I'll take JM's style any day over Wilmott's constant "Objection, may we approach" or staccato form of witness examination. I won't even get into Nurmi's style or lack of it ...

I can't find it now because I'm tired but I could have sworn he said something like CMja wasn't like Jeffrey Dahmer or Charles Manson.

Well, no she isn't. They admitted their crimes with no equivocation.

yes that is what he said,

eta and if i remember right a lot of ppl thought dahmer was good looking and surprised at what he did

I am not attacking Juan and I am a poster on WS. Just his style can be perceived as harsh by some. I remember once KCL said that Juan is a little man, and what he appears like on the idiot box is not the same as the courtroom.

He did a great job with the gas cans, and gas receipts. :rocker: He proved premediation. Doesn't mean we have to like his style of delivery.

Juan is like that tough, gruff cop. You don't like him. He seems hard and unfeeling. He seems that way until you need him to save your life... If it was my family member dead, I'd want Juan because he fights for those without a voice and that's not easy. He's not there to have people like him. He's there to bring out facts. I don't think he's tough because he's a "little man". I think he's tough because you have to be to get justice. my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member