SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't know what happened in the jury room, which we don't, and the foreman is inadequate in his description of what he really means or wants to say then how do we know that our interpretation of his words is incorrect or inaccurate?

We can compare what the foreman said in his interviews to what people have posted he said. In some cases what was presented in postings was not the same as what he said.

As for his limited descriptions, it is what it is. He used generalities in some things he said and not specifics.

Hi there smart and savvy sleuthers!
This is my first post, so excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong thread.

I believe I may have heard about this from a sharp-eyed sleuther (sorry I can't remember to give you credit!) During Det. Flores interview with JA's mom, she talks about friends calling her, even in the middle of the night, to tell her that Jodie needed help. A bit later she says "thats why we moved her back up here" (to get her help?) Was this TRAVIS??!! It just makes COMPLETE sense to me. It doesn't seem like JA HAD any friends that would make that kind of effort by calling her mom in the middle of the night no less. With all her stalking behavior prior to the murder and whatever blackmailing horrific scheme that prompted kindhearted Travis to send her that "angry" email-it just seems to fall into place that he was desperate to not only get away from her, but get her help. And if it WAS Travis who made that "middle of the night" call, then Jodie's mom must know it was Travis.

Maybe it's not an important issue at this point, now that we have a hung jury. I guess it just gnaws at me now that we know at least one juror thought she was just a normal girl until she met Travis.

Does anyone have any insight into this? And I hope the original sleuther steps forward to claim their "eagle eye award"!

Nice to meet everyone!! :seeya:
Great post! Also, I LOVE your username! I have an Eastern grey squirrel, so your name popped out to me.

Maybe because the jury instructions are written largely in legalese for some nonsense reason.:banghead:

I haven't seen his whole interview. Did the foreman say that they/he were/was trying to punt the decision to the judge?

Yes, he sure did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One day of actual murder, 6 days of obtaining weapons and travelling, over a week in planning, a year of stalking, and who knows how much incubation of murderous thoughts before that ..

I still can't believe the knife was in the bathroom or nightstand for cutting rope for BDSM. :facepalm:

Really Jodi?

Wait a second? I thought Nancy Grace was interviewing a juror tonight? I thought it was advertised earlier on HLN? Am I imagining things?

No. it was advertised and it's the reason I watched NG tonight.

to papa sleuth5:
[video=youtube;RjJFT8TL1cI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjJFT8TL1cI[/video]

Dr. Drew showed Jodi interrogation tape on make up. They agree it showed no remorse and that "it's all about Jodi disingenuous and disengaged" and she didn't believe a word of the allocution. (Diane).

#17 said she also was in stare downs with Jodi (#10 said same thing)
Diane saw Alyce as a supporter of Jodi
#17 felt PTSD had nothing to do with the killing
Diane says foreman didn't sway anyone's vote.

Hello all. I haven't been on this thread today and no way I can catch up just now. I just want to write down my thoughts on the 'relationship' between Travis and JA. It feels like I'm the only one in the whole world who thinks like this :(

By the way, I'm not trying to make Travis into a saint just because he was brutally murdered. Obviously he did not deserve it he had his good and bad sides as we all do.

Having said that, I believe (from everything I've read and seen) that Travis treated JA better than most people in her life. (I think Brewer was very nice to her as well). He met her. Intense sparks very quickly on both sides. Travis saw someone who was very attractive (back then), articulate, attentive to him etc. JA, of course, found a goldmine. She had never met someone who had it all: youth, good looks, success, religion (not that she was sincerely interested but Mormons are a good prey). Throughout their time together Travis shared his food and apartment (at times) with her, took her on long trips, tried teaching her about the Mormon faith, complemented her frequently on her looks and all (I think he wanted to help her self-esteem which was high anyway)

I think Travis soon realized that JA was superficial and had a very hollow personality. Nevertheless the physical attraction was strong. I believe he was very clear about his feelings for her. Her told he and she darn well knew it. Of course, she wouldn't let go. I don't believe Travis was the one who kept their sexual relationship going. She did to use as an excuse to keep in touch with him. I can imagine JA saying a million times “Travis, we know we’re made for each other even physically. It’s so sexy when you....’ blah, blah, blah. And Travis saying “Ok, JA, we can have sex, you know I think you’re so hot but I don’t think we should ever get back together” And so it continued. I think he treated her very well. Almost no one else really cared about her.

I don’t believe he ever called her names unless she was snooping, stalking, lying about those things etc. Serious offences! Most people would have kicked JA out of their lives but Travis was much too innocent and naïve. I don’t think he had it in him to do that. The closest he came was in May of 2008 but we have evidence that JA (I believe uninvited) visited him on June 3,2008. Innocent Travis. Even if Travis had kicked her out of his life for good she would have still murdered him. She was much too obsessed with the once in a lifetime goldmine that she had found. There are many men who are young, rich, successful but to also be naïve? That’s a rare combination of desirable qualities.
Travis died on June 4, 2008 knowing he had been so kind and good to Jodi. If he had even a moment to think about why she stabbing him I think the only feeling he would have had is one of confusion. ‘WHY ME?’
Oh, good post ROSE22. Agreed, Travis was used to dating normal women, so he eventually got her 'corrupt self'. Didn't he state that to her he was nothing but a dildo with a heartbeat? He got her alright, but he underestimated how dangerous she. IMO this was due to his good natured, more trusting & sheltered life.

#17 says she can't believe Jodi sat there with a straight face and told tales of abuse and pedophila

I thought JM's best moment was using JA's phone records/text msgs/and journal entries on the day/s of the supposed pedo event to prove it never happened. It was a vicious lie. How could any juror have watched JM prove the pedo event could not have happened as JA claimed, but still believe she was telling the truth about TA abusing her?

Any woman can do that. They likely at one point had some explosive chemistry, he had never dealt with a woman like her and it was a new, fascinating, and awesome ride for a while. Until her other side showed and stuff. I think she was quite pretty pre-jail. All of that drew him in.

Classic 3 dressed up as a 9....

I really wish this jury knew what true deliberation means. I love that so many jurors in the Andriano case expressed their opinions to the holdout that he was being manipulated by her. He finally agreed that they were right. Yet, many others had to come to the realization that they were being played by Wendy.

IMO, I think this hung jury was a combination of a misunderstanding of questions and instructions, and jurors feeling as through they had to simply respect the other jurors view without respectfully challenging it.

IMO that is why Jodii eyed the youngest members of the jury. She wanted as many older jurors as possible in the hopes that they would be from the generation where most people didn't talk the way Jodi and Travis did. The younger the juror, the more likely is was that all the sex talk and sex acts would be no big deal.

So, in essence, we are extremely lucky that she was convicted of M1 and aggravation. I am gonna cut them a lot of slack of the DP phase because it was clear that we had a "very literal" foreman and what appears to be, some mistaken assumptions about deliberations. Heck, I would have at least thought that most people saw 12 Angry Men....but then, that probably wouldn't have helped in this case.

#17 and 6 both say parents interrogation tapes would have been strong evidence for the state in penalty phase.

They see her post verdict interview as manipulation by Jodi

Why do you think they didn't understand something, though?

They are expressly instructed to follow their individual consciences.

I have read (somewhere, maybe here?? or on some blog??) that the jury decided not to deliberate because of the foreman's and their misunderstanding of the deliberation process.
Now that I hear the juror, Diane, speak on Dr. Drew, it doesn't sound correct. :scared:, but what do I know- I am a "mere mortal".

Jurors on dr drew both say that if all jurors had seen Jodi's parents' interrogation tapes and if they all cold have heard some of the stalking evidence it is possible they could have all agreed on DP

Maybe this has been addressed, but I just signed on and I want to know! What's your guess on juror number 6 age? She appears to be late 50's or early 60's to me. I'm 65, but she appears to be younger than me, but she's got good hair, and I don't. Any other guesses, please?

DD must have listened to feedback from here or other sources. He is imo, doing great tonight. He is giving everyone a chance to talk and it makes for a much better show.

I despise inmate Arias' statement, "I know that was just one day" in reference to her brutal murder of Travis.

Well guess what, that ONE DAY was Travis' FINAL day. I cannot tell you how furious the minimization of her heinous murderous behavior make me.

Aaaaaand doesn't think it's fair to define her by that one day. Oh and by the way, she wants to write a book.

Wheeeeeeee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member