SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning! :seeya:

When the jury deliberations were ongoing and the crowd started to gather here, I went to "Edit Options" and opted out of viewing avatars, signatures and images, so that my 'puter wouldn't keep stalling on me as the 'sleuthers stampeded over here!

But now that there's a lull in the storm, I opted back into viewing all the lil' pix and it's like a field of wildflowers in bloom here! I had forgotten how much fun peep's avatars and signatures could be. :) And so colorful!

Nice day here in Florida; sunny and not very humid. Hope JA is utterly miserable in her little metal cage.
:jail:

Sleuth5, you're a good-lookin' dude! :)

How will we recognize him when he gets here? I'll be wearing the tiara!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'll be the one that wont be attracted to mark E
Post a pic of that tiara!

I respectfully disagree. I knew little of Travis way back when this all began. I started following because of Jodi and her being an obvious psychopath in those tv interviews. I was immediately drawn in.
I didn't come to respect and care about Travis and his family until later when I learned more. I learned Travis was truly an innocent. I've rarely followed a case with such a fine upstanding human being like Travis was the victim. No one deserves to be slaughtered the way he was so Travis and his family didn't deserve any of this. But what victim would?
I love the justice system. I wanted to watch justice in action, I want to see Jodi locked away from society forever. I wanted the death penalty because his family does. But.. .. IMO and for me, I have already gotten my wish. She will die in prison one way or the other. I'm good with that.
I grew to really care about the Alexander's and have donated so they can be there everyday to remind jurors who Travis was and witness justice for their brother. IMO they've already received it. They just need to make peace with whatever happens now. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. There are many reasons to follow any case. I don't think we have to agree on one central reason in order to validate our participation.

Do you actually own a used book store? I will be your new friend. :)

I did once, but not in Ely. It was great. My second career/hobby, lol. 12 years. Now going on my third, aching bones an all.

She's a sadist. If she felt any remorse at all for what she did, she would have covered him in the shower stall with a robe or a blanket. She left him there completely exposed because she enjoyed what she did and she was proud of it. Just like she saved and reveled in the sex tape.

In my view, her telling has nothing to do with "confession" or "penance" or "conscience." She has no interest in coy games that hide the ultimate power she wielded that night.

The family doesn't need to know if Travis begged for his life or if he cried or how many times he tried to crawl away from her. She couldn't tell what she wanted to tell because she had to reign it in and play that role for the jury. She doesn't care that she's driving anyone crazy. She cares about herself first and foremost, then she moves on to caring about inflicting another heaping of emotional distress on his family.

She had to pretend she didn't remember because if she actually described what happened in the bathroom, she wouldn't have been able to contain her glee. I would not be surprised to learn that, like Karla Faye Tucker, she took a lot of sexual pleasure in the murder.

She's been foiled all these years, unable to flaunt the ultimate power she had that night and it's been killing her.

She doesn't want anyone forgetting about her and dismissing her from their memories. She knows details will break the family's hearts all over again. She'd never pass on a chance to do that.

She's pissed about being caught and forced to cool her heels in jail for 5 years, preventing her from literally dancing on his grave. In my opinion, she'll love confirming for them that Travis suffered horribly; she made it happen and she wants credit for it.

I think it's difficult for humane and compassionate people to grasp that revenge and intentional infliction of emotional distress are her only motivators but she's inhumane and dispassionate.

That's what I see when I look at her and hear her.

Again, JMO.

I agree. JA gets off on CONTROL... Holding ALL the answers is intentional, and allows her to maintain the illusion of power; pure self-gratification.

So the foreman thought Juan talked to them like they were stupid. Huh?

I guess The Foreman preferred the slower lets-back-up and the whack-a-mole-screech style of questioning instead.

:seeya:

Good morning, sunshines!!!!

I turned HLN on and UGH foreman was yapping away. MUTE.

Lol! Im from socal and heading to ND soon, might even end up doing biz out there for quite a awhile.
im not one bit used to cold let alone snow.

OMG...you have no idea. Wind chill factor!!

He evidently isn't buying JM's account of what happened. And he also thinks that if he talked to CMA, that he could somehow get the "truth"? Strange to me but that's just My Own Opinion.

Maybe The Foreman and Leonard Padilla could hook up and go and talk to JA to get "the truth". :floorlaugh:

Interesting read on VIS.
In some jurisdictions there are different rules on how Victim Impact Statements from family members may be regarded.
This is because it is seen as unprincipled that different punishments are given according to the how much the victim is missed or that someone's death ie relatively less harmful if they have no family.
Some jurisdictions describe VIS from family as 'irrelevant'.

First promotion at my first job out of college was handling fatal accidents. Still in training, I accompanied the person handling the file to court. We had to wait for the criminal case to be resolved before the civil case.

It was the case of Charles Smith, Boston Celtic. He'd been driving in Boston when he hit two Boston University students as they were crossing the street. He slowed down, then left the scene. He'd been drinking but his blood alcohol level was under the MA legal limit.

He was convicted of vehicular homicide. He was remorseful, contrite and seemed to be deeply ashamed about what he had done.

What I will never, ever forget were the victim impact statements. Here, you can address the defendant. And just imagine all of that rage delivered directly to the source of your pain.

There were many statements but dear God in heaven, the mother of one of those girls. She kept screaming, "Bring her back to me!! Bring her back, just bring her back, bring her back!!"

On television, it's upsetting enough. Sitting in the courtroom it's in your head. You'll never forget it.

I think every state should allow VIS to be directed at the defendant. I think the defendants don't feel enough of the raw pain and emotions in states that prohibit it.

JMO

It doesnt work for me
id love to see it!

Did not work for me either and would also like to see it.

Happy Memorial Day everyone.

I just finally figured out how to watch it!!! I get the dunce hat for today!!!

~ thank u for your service& for answering so many questions we all have....which verdict do you think the judge wanted?

Tara Kelley Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 1m

I have no idea! I know she was emotional b/c she took that pause! We got to talk to her for along time after! Great woman!

--

Tara also said neither the DT or JM spoke to the jury/alternates afterwards.

I'm sorry! I suck at this! You have got to see it! Try link that kk quoted me on.

I just got done watching it.

I have never seen anyone so FULL of themselves in my whole life. I wanted to slap that mascara right out of her hand. Oh, and asking the interviewer to "hold the mirror up"???? Puke.

Interesting tidbit that Travis used to "make her feel vain because her rear-view mirror was always tilted towards her instead of the road".

So telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member