SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow people are threatening the foreman? People need to get a life and step back from this case.

Tara Kelley replied to one of my tweets! I wish all jurors talked on twitter rather than going on a tv show.

Considering the foreman made a deal to not talk to press until next week, was under no obligation to defend his verdict or speak to the press and certainly under no obligation to give his personal feelings and wishes, it's pretty clear what this person is up to!

imo, some of the jurors felt sympathetic towards Jodi, that is wrong to me.

The killing 3 x's over (throat slash) and the premedetation would have been enough for me to give her the DP.

I'm just saying it's easier to look from outside in then from the inside out. :twocents:

And again, I gotta say I hope JA did not get sympathy because she was diagnosed with a mental disorder. If I was on that jury, I would have a hard time with that, honestly, even though she didn't use an insanity defense... I want JM to clarify that BPD diagnosis does not mean she doesn't know right from wrong and can't be held responsible for her actions.

BBM

There is a LOT that the Jury didn't hear about, however, they are sworn to only deliberate what is presented as evidence during the trial. Based on some of the questions, it does appear someone was looking for an "out" or way to at least explain her actions. Obviously the majority didn't believe her version of events or that she was a victim of some type of abuse.

MOO

I'm just thinking, based on some of the questions he asked, that he is thinking ALV found a lot more examples of abuse than the jury heard about when clearly ALV reported everything she found, which was nothing but fairytales. I am thinking he feels it in his heart because all the verbal abuse she endured wasn't entered. I think he's in for a rude awakening when he hears what he heard was pretty much it.

BBM: Obviously.

Fun question...Identical twins have the same DNA..Do they have the same finger prints and why or why not

Sadly, I used to know the answer to that:(

I'm getting old. Iirc the answer is no.. Fingerprints aren't the same... Just can't recall why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fun question...Identical twins have the same DNA..Do they have the same finger prints and why or why not

No they don't, each person has their own prints which are formed in utero. Different factors account for our folds or ridges and are unique to each person..
Am I right?

I think this juror asked that too and this is the reason he thinks JM spoke down to them, ie: him as JM really went off with that question even adding a gopher to the mix. I understood what Juan was doing but I bet he didnt like it.

That makes perfect sense! I've tried to imagine how any juror could think JM spoke down to them when it was the DT that was constantly insulting their intelligence. Yep, 18 seems exactly the type that would take JM's mockery personally, and resent DeMarte's smackdown of his flawed analogy as well.

I haven't been around much today and haven't seen all the interviews, so I was wondering has it come out yet why on earth this person was chosen to be the jury foreman? I would love to know how that happened.

I have a feeling it might be like one of the cases I served on and he nominated himself and the others really didn't care nor wanted it. The guy turned out to be a jerk and tried to tell us how to think but we made up our own mind.

IMO

I'm just thinking, based on some of the questions he asked, that he is thinking ALV found a lot more examples of abuse than the jury heard about when clearly ALV reported everything she found, which was nothing but fairytales. I am thinking he feels it in his heart because all the verbal abuse she endured wasn't entered. I think he's in for a rude awakening when he hears what he heard was pretty much it.

BBM: Obviously.

It's not going to matter. He doesn't strike me as the type to re-evaluate his decision. Introspection isn't his strong suit either. IMO he's the type that digs in his heels and stubbornly justifies his options despite the evidence.
He's already proved that to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes perfect sense! I've tried to imagine how any juror could think JM spoke down to them when it was the DT that was constantly insulting their intelligence. Yep, 18 seems exactly the type that would take JM's mockery personally, and resent DeMarte's smackdown of his flawed analogy as well.

Or when they have something personal at stake? Or if they are projecting? Feeling sympathetic to the killer?

How on god's green earth could he have been offended by JM?

when we are being developed in the womb..we float about and touch the uterine wall..Our finger tips initially are like tree frogs with balls on the tips and smooth..AS we float about and bounce off the uterine wall ..the touching gives us our finger prints..An identical twin would NOT have the same print as it would be impossible for that twin to touch the uterine wall in the same place and at the same angle..hence their finger prints are the only difference.

Travis stated "betrayal", what do you suppose would be the ultimate betrayal for Travis. I wish his closest friends could answer that one.

I believe it was the sex tape. Think about it. She tape it without his knowledge, I am certain of that.. It would destroy him and his life as he knew it. Of course he would feel utterly betrayed by her. And of course he would not tell anyone. Remember some of the things said in that tape, tie you to a tree etc. If it was money, or stealing or a number of other things I believe he would have told at least one person, but he would not ever, ever tell anyone about that tape. my opinion only.

I think this juror asked that too and this is the reason he thinks JM spoke down to them, ie: him as JM really went off with that question even adding a gopher to the mix. I understood what Juan was doing but I bet he didnt like it.

Given that IamGod air about him, you know he didn't like it.

*snort*

when we are being developed in the womb..we float about and touch the uterine wall..Our finger tips initially are like tree frogs with balls on the tips and smooth..AS we float about and bounce off the uterine wall ..the touching gives us our finger prints..An identical twin would NOT have the same print as it would be impossible for that twin to touch the uterine wall in the same place and at the same angle..hence their finger prints are the only difference.

Wow, thank you, I learned something new.

Yes, did you read the instructions to the jurors?

"The jurors must consider whether there were mitigating factors that would warrant Arias getting life in prison. Here are the factors that Arizona law says the jury can consider as "mitigating factors":

1. Arias' capacity to appreciate the wrongfulness of her conduct or to conform her conduct to the requirements of law was significantly impaired, but not so impaired as to constitute a defense to prosecution She knew exactly what she was doing
  2. She was under unusual and substantial duress, although not such as to constitute a defense to prosecution She was not under any duress. He was a naked wet man in a small shower. NO THREAT.
  3. Arias was legally accountable for the conduct of another, but her participation was relatively minor, although not so minor as to constitute a defense to prosecution Doesn't apply in this case, she and she alone is responsible.
  4. Arias could not reasonably have foreseen that her conduct in the course of the commission of the offense for which Arias was convicted would cause, or would create a grave risk of causing, death to another person I think she knew he was going to die given she almost cut his head off...so does not apply
  5. Arias’ age. Arias was 27 years old....not 17.
They also can consider these points:

• Cooperation with police/investigation None
  • Lack of prior criminal record. Only because she never got caught.
  • Difficult childhood or family background So she says
  • Family and community ties After seeing how she threw her entire family under the bus...I'd have to say NO
  • Lack of intent in Felony murder Intent proven
  • Good character prior to murder Guess that depends on who you talk to, but very few came forward with anything good to say about her
  • Intelligence and education (often times lack of education is a mitigating factor) Not well educated, but not illiterate either....so does not apply
  • Good conduct in prison She hasn't seen prison yet...so remains to be seen. Estrella is not prison. We'll see how her behavior is when she gets to big girl jail
  • If victim's family asks for leniency NOT ONE DID
  • Possibility of rehabilitation, will convicted be a danger in the future She is the poster child for a killer to reoffend. She was found with another gun and numerous knives when she was arrested. So I'd say......NO to rehab, and YES to being a danger in the future
  • Shows remorse, grief " Not.At.Any.Time.
Source: http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/05/16/what-could-save-jodi-arias-life

We all have emotions, but this is the justice system, the rules must be followed. :notgood:

My responses in bold above. I don't think much of anything that's listed will help her. MOO

What's the point of spending millions on a trial if you don't ensure a jury perfectly, flawlessly understands the instructions?

What I found offensive about Jury Forepersons comments, was how he felt he needed to school us in how things work. My momma used to say if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen. Perhaps he should have kept his opinion to himself if he was going to be a cry baby about the reaction to it. JMO

my daughter is a csi and currently doing latent prints..That's what she says on the stand or something like it when she testifies ..to get people undertanding palm. toe,finger prints

Can they? I know they can nullify in the guilt phase, I didn't know they could in the penalty phase. Lean something new every day. moo

A jury finding mitigating factors ≠ nullification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member