SIDEBAR #8- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mario McNeill had stabbed Jodi 28 times, slit her throat from ear to ear and then shot her in the head and the jury had only half the evidence this JA case has he would still have gotten the DP after an hour of deliberations. If Mario had claimed (with no evidence) that JA had abused him he would have gotten even more hate for spewing lies. No one would have hesitated to call him a monster.

How sad this is. Poor Travis.

I agree Rose. Had the roles been reversed and it was Travis who had killed Jodi and all of the details were identical Travis would now be sitting on Death Row. Those 4 jurors who held out would have never hesitated to sentence a male to death for a heinous murder of a slender petite pretty woman.

Comments need to be placed in context, IMO. They certainly were said in anger. Abuse suggests an ongoing pattern. Show me the pattern.

I don't see a pattern of abuse at all, and the more I go over those comments in the texts, the more I believe he is very accurately describing CMJA.

What I don't know is if the email, which Travis supposedly sent before those texts, was really sent, and if that has been revealed or put into evidence.

Whether one wants to consider these statements or texts abusive or not, without context, I don't see what any of this has to do with the way CMJA planned and carried out the slaughter of Travis Alexander.

Even if seen in the worst possible way, I don't see anything "mitigating" about the so-called abuse conducted through long-distance-texts.
I can't imagine how these words, which were obvious, by their content and context, a desperate reaction to CMJA and whatever she did, could be interpreted as anything other than what they were. Not a provocation, but a reaction. He says it over and over. He is reacting to what she did.

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in to see what's new. trying to thank many of you but for some reason my thanks button does not always work and I am always having to refresh the page. Anyone else having that problem?

Here's hoping that Jodi is having a wonderful fulfilling time in her cement cell.

Jodi mentioned the attic because Travis had wanted her to come over and help him put the Christmas decorations away in the attic in mid January. Now this is what I believe was stated, that Travis had given her an angel tree top to as a gift and she had forgotten it (presumably after working so hard to put the decorations up in the attic). So she returned to find Travis on the computer or in his room with pictures on the bed in an uncompromising position that caused her great distress. I will have to go back and check but I believe this is what that was all about. Turns out she was working that day so it never happened and since the attic was EMPTY when LE went up there I guess we can presume she lied. I don't believe she ever mentioned seeing the gun at that time. Gun came later.

ETA: On the timeline thread, post #668 is a transcript of Jodi's testimony about the attic, helping Travis with the Christmas decorations and finding him looking at the pictures. It is all there. Please take a look and read the whole post. Very enlightening. It never happened and JM pointed that out to the jury. The fact there was nothing, Christmas decorations or otherwise in that attic proves she lied. She was working that day and was texting Travis that she did not get off until 6pm. She had his car and he had to get a ride to Family night which started at 7pm. It never happened. So if it never happened there was no reason for Travis to have lost his temper over it the following day and kick her.

Thanks LambChop - The attic issue is definitely worth reading the testimony.
Like you said, its all right there - posts #667-669

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195462&page=27

ITA & let's hope the future jurors pay close attention - her testimony on the stand appears to be deliberately convoluted, peppered with irrelevant details and confusion. Same pattern of lying we have heard from her many times.

You made a good point, how important it is to know that Det Flores informed her there was NOTHING in the attic when the crime scene was investigated.

It almost comes across as a "red herring" - where the attic means something, but entirely different than any of the lies she attached to the subject. If that makes sense. Who knows, maybe that was another of her stalking/hiding places.

Color me not shocked.

So now that the DT got the second best outcome they hope to indefinitely stall this out to keep Jodi in jail and not in prison. And to of course wear down the Alexander family hoping they will cave and take the DP off the table and give them a shot at lobbying to the judge for a chance of parole.

But she has been convicted of Murder1, she is in prison now isn't she?

Remembering the huge number of peeps here and in the media who said that listening to her on the stand made them want to smack her. And we don't know her or have had to put up with her in real life.

Travis would have had to be an otherwordly saint to have not been tempted to whack her on multiple occasions. That he never did hit her is actually extraordinary. Think back to the day she confronted him after trespassing, violating his privacy and peeping into the window spying on someone who had made it clear he did not want a relationship with her.

I can only imagine what twisted and crazy-making things she said to him. I've always believed he did go upstairs....to get away from her, and I believe he did bang his head against a closet door...that he did so in a rage, after she wouldn't even give him the space to walk away, AND that even when that angry, even when so deliberately provoked, he had the self-control and fundamentsl decency to not hit her or even call her the names she so richly deserved.

There are a lot of good answers to this question, but this one stands out as one of the best!

[.BBM I have no link but I heard somewhere, the trial maybe, that there was an car purchase agreement via email.

iirc, in one of the interrogation interviews, JA herself says Travis sold her a car with "like the easiest payment terms ever"....this is when she was going on and on about what a great guy he was (so, she is truthful at times)

Decode the hidden messages in these, please. What are they? Anagram puzzles?

pure *advertiser censored*

three-hole wonder

If he knew what I know about you he'd spit in ur face. So would everyone else.

You`re a laughing stock

you have *advertiser censored*`s job

Who freaking cares about you? You`re worthless

rotten lunatic

corrupted carcass

And, with all due respect, many people appear to be launching a defense of blatant verbal abuse, apologizing for it, and attempting to re-define it, simply because they despise the target. Easy to do when the target is an incarcerated convict, but these are not sound arguments.

I think people throw around the word "abuse" too easily. If anyone used such words on me, I would walk away or hang up and never speak to them again. It is ugly, angry and inappropriate. Travis should have simply never spoken to jodi again instead of using such language. But abuse? No.

I work with victims and perpetrators of abuse routinely, in connection with domestic violence litigation. Emotional abuse generally consists of threats, stalking, surveillance. None of what Travis has been proven to have done would get jodi a restraining order.

Of course, if he did that as part of a pattern of conduct that included some other factors, such as getting in her face while screaming in a threatening manner throwing things or breaking things while saying such horrible things, that's abuse.

But even if he talked like that on a continuous basis, which starts to get close to the actionable abuse realm, jodi would have been unable to get a restraining order against Travis without something more.

Of course I'm going by the legal definitions of abuse, not the psychological ones. But I find psychology to be very nebulous and without too many specific lines. Thus in psychology, if it "feels" abusive, it is abuse. And if you go with that definition for abuse, anything can be considered abusive: "He refused to pick up my calls after we just had sex. It made me feel uncomfortable and used." Eg.

But she has been convicted of Murder1, she is in prison now isn't she?

No, she is held at Estrella jail until she is actually sentenced.
She can't be sentenced until after the penalty phase is retried.

She is being held in closed custody, 23 hours a day in her cell alone.
No more interviews allowed.

I agree to a point but IMO that had to do with her obsession with Travis not that Travis knew her. Heck, if I go back in my boyfriend library, there was probably that "one" who made me a little more wonky than any other. The foreman's words seemed to lay her "issues" at Travis's doorstep rather than it was her obsession with Travis.

I agree I think the foreman was absolutely devoted to his idea that it was Travis who was the catalyst to Jodi's issues. I also think he was so married to this idea that I doubt he would have changed his mind even if confronted with the interrogation videos of Jodi's parents that CLEARLY demonstrated that Jodi was troubled, severely troubled, long long long before she had ever met Travis. I hope if Juan can enter those videos to rebut the DT's contention that Travis was the root of Jodi's troubles.

The foreman's comments are greatly disturbing to me because he seems convinced that Jodi led a very normal everyday life for 27 years and then BAM she changed overnight after meeting Travis. Least of all that is disturbing is the fact that the foreman's comments almost verbatim mirror DB's comments from his tv interview. I just find those parts of his comments fishy. Very very fishy.

Decode the hidden messages in these, please. What are they? Anagram puzzles?

pure *advertiser censored*

three-hole wonder

If he knew what I know about you he'd spit in ur face. So would everyone else.

You`re a laughing stock

you have *advertiser censored*`s job

Who freaking cares about you? You`re worthless

rotten lunatic

corrupted carcass

And, with all due respect, many people appear to be launching a defense of blatant verbal abuse, apologizing for it, and attempting to re-define it, simply because they despise the target. Easy to do when the target is an incarcerated convict, but these are not sound arguments.

"Couples" say mean things to each other. That's all this is/was IMO

No, she is held at Estrella jail until she is actually sentenced.
She can't be sentenced until after the penalty phase is retried.

She is being held in closed custody, 23 hours a day in her cell alone.
No more interviews allowed.

Oh I didn't know that. I thought she was in a cement cell in Perry.
July 18th hurry up.

no, she stays in estrella jail until she is sentenced

I've seen some reports of people who thought Perryville was an improvement over Estrella....better food. More TV channels...

"Couples" say mean things to each other. That's all this is/was IMO

Can't you just picture her too... Doing something really shiiteous like sending that text from his phone to the girl saying ..Time to cuddle with Jodi... and when confronted putting on that whole stepford wife thing Deanna described? I can ...It can be absolutely maddening to be on the other side of someone who simply does not react in a normal way when they are busted.

True. Then add in that they may not have tried to get her any help when she was still a minor... It might just open a whole new can o worms.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

IDK if JA's parents tried to get JA counseling but even if they did they might have run into roadblocks.

In the early '90's my son (he was around 15) got into drugs, tagging, stole guns from his friend's father and sold them to a gang, and wrecked a car that belonged to his friend's father. He and another friend stole from their mutual friend's father. How low can anybody get? We took him to counseling and I asked about out patient drug counseling. I wanted my son to have drug testing. I was informed that my minor son would have to give his own permission for the out pt counseling and we could not force him to take a drug test. I was shocked. I asked the counselor what should we do and it was suggested we go to court to have him emancipated. We never did that.

When our friend and neighbor called us and said that our son had stolen his car I did not believe it at first. I was in shock. I quickly found out that he did. His dad was so angry he slapped my son. When the cops came to our house to talk about the car theft, my son told them his dad had hit him. I was standing right there and a cop gave my son his business card and told him to call him if his dad ever hit him again. I was expecting the cops to give my son a good talking to!

Anyway, my son got his life together. Just telling my story about how it is not always easy to get help or support for a wayward (understatement) minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot