SIDEBAR #8- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what religion or spirituality man or woman employs to express it, but the way-down-deep goodness in most human-kind will rise up together to fully defeat the evil that is CKJA. We WILL prepare for spiritual battle, we WILL not be defeated.

The 5th Dimension Age of Aquarius 1969

The 5th Dimension Age of Aquarius 1969 - YouTube

Love the 5th D! Check this out.

[video=youtube;9ZcA3kiaQb0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZcA3kiaQb0[/video]

Just watched the entire Dr Drew interview with Jurors 6 and 17. Loved them both! Juror 17 is not frumpy by any means. She is cute as a button! Juror 6 is so classy. Juror 10 (on JVM) was great too. Her face reminds me of Nicole Kidman for some reason. Love these jurors. We haven't heard from Jurors 5 and 8 post-verdict. I'm sure I'll love them too. Juror 5 strikes me as a no-nonsense type of girl. Even if she did want to vote for life I think she'd have a decent reason. (what abuse?, cough, cough).

I'm most curious to hear from Mr ponytail. Willie. He looked distraught the last day and I so want to hear from him!

ETA: JA stared down jurors 10 and 17. I think it's because they are relatively young and good-looking.

You are right. The mitigators didn't outweigh the cruelness of the crime. At least 8 jurors understood and got it right...Me thinks there were four jurors that were extremely liberal and didn't really believe in the death penalty unless they were another Manson and also not too intelligent to have the ability to "weigh" it out...

Edit: JMO

Hey now. I'm a liberal, in my 60s, reasonably well educated, well read and not overly stupid, and I would have voted for death with no problem whatsoever. Same with my husband, who's 75.

;)

Time for some serious soul!

[video=youtube;yrotsEzgEpg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrotsEzgEpg[/video]

From the last thread.

When I write "you" I mean the generic "you." :D

To me, the bold sentence is key.

For the life of me, I cannot craft an argument in order to play devil's advocate for this case. I've tried.

The bold sentence is why. Yes, she was able to contain her crazy until she met Travis. No doubt.

But there were many signs along the road CMja traveled to indicate the genie was just about out of the bottle.

She fixated and attached herself to men. Whenever she felt threatened, she panicked. When she panicked she'd do something desperate to retain control of the person. The first time it happened years and years ago, it was probably something cute and funny that the first love interest probably found flattering or even enchanting.

But each subsequent time was less funny, less cute and increasingly disturbing. Any time she felt threatened or rejected in subsequent relationships, the panicked response made her create drama and before long, it was downright exasperating then annoying. No one ever called her on it because it wasn't "crazy" just irritating. By the time it got to crazy, they were just happy she dumped them.

It was only a matter of time before she became lethal. So Travis could just as easily have been Walter or Brian or David or Wayne. Anyone.

I don't believe Travis did anything that any other guy in the same stage of life would have done or would do. That isn't an excuse, just a reality check.

PPL and LDS were just particulars that came along with Travis; seemed like just red herrings that threw the general public off the discussion of a murderous beast. PPL and LDS were not strange things that somehow paved the road to this disaster.

She was 27 years old, wanted to get married and have children and the biological clock wasn't ticking, it was blowing up. She knew what he had told her about Deanna being almost 30 and what that meant in LDS if she wasn't married.

She was pissed because starting over meant losing time and she felt she had no time to spare. I don't believe she loved him. She loved the future she saw with him but she was fixated and obsessed.

The more she panicked, the more she acted out and the more she acted out, the more fearful Travis became and the faster he backed off. He was trying to find forgiveness for himself and his transgressions. He probably thought it would be hypocritical to continue asking for forgiveness for himself and not extend it to CMja. (for her to call him hypocritical makes my blood boil) Travis just had no idea her crazy was about to get buck wild.

It could have been anyone. It could have been for any reason. Just paying attention to her was enough for her to build dreams in her head.

If it were only about the sex and feeling used, one good stab wound would have done it, maybe two if she missed the first time.

The savagery of the attack makes it clear TO ME that this didn't have much to do with feeling used for sex or whether or not TA should or shouldn't have had sex with her. It was rage because she wasn't going to get what she wanted and it was because he foiled her plans and he wasn't sorry about it. I'm sure she felt TA was her last hope.

Guilting him didn't work. Sexing him didn't work. Angering him didn't work. She was probably thinking WTF do I have to do here?

She was probably about ready to start over and focus on Ryan when TA discovered whatever it was he discovered and that's when the gates of hell opened for him.

In my view, she was a grown a$$ woman in the mutha of all snits behaving like an even more demented Chucky.

J M O

And with that thesis, it's off to work I go. lol

Agrreed. And also what bothered her about how everything went with Travis and their break-up, was that Travis didn't allow HER to break up with HIM. She wouldn't have done it anyway, 'cause at that time she didn't have a back-up guy to run off to (in 2007). I believe, MOO, that if she had met Ryan earlier, she would have done one of her "break-up long discussions, long break-up e-mail, "let's always be friends" things with Travis, and HAVING FELT SATISFIED that SHE was the one who broke up with HIM, she would have moved on to Ryan. She already knew that Travis wasn't going to marry her and that their relationship was going down the drain....she would have broken it off with him and moved on to Ryan, who she believed was her new "savior." BUT....Travis didn't let her control the aspects of their break-up...he had caught on to her pyscho and he wasn't goign to take her drama anymore.

Count me among the Squirrel Friends!
Squirrel friend here as well, but I wish they would stop playing chicken with me up here on our north Atlanta roads. Seems like they always wait until the last minute and then dart in front of a car !

Not familiar with the Caryn Kelley case. She has been found not guilty. I don't understand why some people change stories. If it's the truth then there will one story from start to finish. Also, I don't get how the gun went off by accident.

If the jury made the right decision (I don't know enough about the case) then that's good. Florida scares me!

Florida scares me, too, and I'm a native! :facepalm:

Wasn't Juror 16 the one that Jinkasaurus was trying to imply was so devastated by voting to convict CMJA? She told the story about her stomping down the hallway and crying in the cafeteria. Was that 16??

Juror 16 was on HLN last night and said she thought JA deserved the dp. She did not sound conflicted, angry or like she struggled with her decision. She was articulate and sounded like she was firm in her decisions. If Juror 16 is the one who JC was running on and on about looking like JA's mom, she really really misread her body language. :stormingmad:

Much hoopla from JC about nothing. :facepalm:

Ha! Seriously! I don't know where the music is tonight but I'm loving sitting here on the couch in my comfy clothes (sans bra of course lol, ladies will understand this comfort), and chilling with my Mich Ultra. This enjoyment is intensified knowing that CMja will never know this comfort again. Love it!

This is seriously good for kicking back. :)

[video=youtube;ipc9pL27krs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipc9pL27krs[/video]

Is this her?: Michelle Ward Ph.D. http://investigation.discovery.com/tv-shows/stalked/bios/michelle-ward.htm

michelle-ward-bio-300x250.jpg

What does he do, Mrs. G.? Go to "Hot Professionals 'R' Us?" I've been to a lot of academic conferences, and I don't seem to be meeting these folks.... :floorlaugh:

Posted in previous thread by YesorNO

I'll help you put the needle in
I'm 63 yrs old and feel the same way you do, but some of the jury were not her "peers". They were too old in their thinking about "young women". I've been saying this for at least a couple of months already.
I'm just glad the jurors gave JA premed. murder- thank goodness for that.
Juan should try for younger jurors who know all about how people text (listen to me-- as if I know more than JM- ).

I watched JVM and DD last night and according to Juror 10 age was more of a factor in the jurors who voted for life instead of DP. She also said Jodi was staring at her at one point for about 40 seconds. Long enough for another juror to make a statement about Jodi staring at her. On DD last night, the younger juror with dark hair (Juror No 17) said Jodi stared at her for a while and then scribbled something down on paper.

Then, we also know Tri-color juror was booted off the jury. She was also younger than most of the other jurors.

I believe Jodi's strategy was to get all the young women off the jury. Younger women had a history of seeing through Jodi and her creepy traits and personality. Just like Dr. Samuels and ALV, Jodi knew she could bring them over to her side.

I agree that Juan needs to stack the next jury with as many younger people as possible to sway the odds toward the DP.

BBM

And the KEY is younger, STABLE, NORMAL, people. Not younger people with their own issues. He needs to stack them with peole exactly like Juror 10 and juror 17.

Seeing JW and Nurmi in action, it's nearly impossible for me to see them as trial strategy geniuses, but I wonder if ALV, RS, and DrGeffner were purposely chosen because they're all 65+? I thought they were the bottom of the barrel dregs that remained after more reputable experts refused to participate, but now I'm not so sure.

Agreed, that is the whole point of a Sidebar thread... any topic. Although I am not particularly interested in squirrels, it's acceptable on this thread. I just scroll past if I am not interested.

Wow, really? Hey, thanks for pointing that out, MM. Let me second that emotion.

[video=youtube;KI_0tQdEA5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI_0tQdEA5k[/video]

So, I'm not sure what y'all are talking about but just wanted to pop in and say that after hearing what Juror No. 10 had to say it appears the 4 lifers were all the older jurors. It wasn't a gender thing but a age thing. I think that all the sex talk got to the older folks. They all thought the sex that was discussed ad nauseum was abusive and that's what saved her life. Unbelievable.

So if Juan can keep the older people off the panel and limit all the insane (and completely irrelevant) talk about sex Jodi will be sentenced to Death. He needs to stop the defense from putting forth facts that don't have anything to do with the crime.

bbm

LOL! All the older people on here must be feeling weird right now. WE LOVE YOU!!! It's just these specific older people on this jury who were a little vulnerable, NOT YOU GUYS!!!!!!

Squirrel friend here as well, but I wish they would stop playing chicken with me up here on our north Atlanta roads. Seems like they always wait until the last minute and then dart in front of a car !

Thats like the cottontail rabbits here :mad:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Since squirrels seemed to be one topic on here, I thought I remind you all of this one...:floorlaugh:...

[video=youtube;K16fG1sDagU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K16fG1sDagU[/video]

Hey everyone, Good morning :-) yesterday I read here off and on all day about the jurors. WOW! Interesting group! I keep wondering at what point did some of them start thinking CMja was the victim in this trial. I am very very happy they were able to come back with the two guilty verdicts! I was born and raised in southern Cali, I moved when I was 40 years old, I was never called for jury duty while I lived in Cali. I lived in Nevada for 16 years, never called for jury duty. I've lived here in Arizona for 6 years, and have been called for jury duty 3 times. I really really really hope I do not get called for jury duty in this trial. I'm thinking saying I no longer believe in innocent until proven guilty will not matter this time. After all the reading I've done I now understand when a person says they can give the DP, they also have to be able to give life even if they gave a guilty verdict on 1st degree murder and cruelty. Thanks AZlawyer for that. Of course her post is written better, and what I wrote was not her exact words. I understand now why the jurors who voted for life did not lie like I thought they had.

So, I'm not sure what y'all are talking about but just wanted to pop in and say that after hearing what Juror No. 10 had to say it appears the 4 lifers were all the older jurors. It wasn't a gender thing but a age thing. I think that all the sex talk got to the older folks. They all thought the sex that was discussed ad nauseum was abusive and that's what saved her life. Unbelievable.

So if Juan can keep the older people off the panel and limit all the insane (and completely irrelevant) talk about sex Jodi will be sentenced to Death. He needs to stop the defense from putting forth facts that don't have anything to do with the crime.

Also he needs to focus on what a REASONABLE girl would do. He needs to stay above getting sucked into Jodi-world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966