Sidebar Discussion #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused on this. And this is all conjecture on my part. Why would someone Anti Baez be invited to his book signing?

So-
1-Have we confirmed that it was invite only?
2-Is there anyway to verify this story?

Just throwing it out there before someone takes it and runs with it and uses it against us.

I would think it's a public bookstore. I doubt Baez would confirm he was scared of the public and had an "invite only" party. Don't know, though. Good question.

I need to say one thing...just a thought that came to my mind yesterday..and I immediately thought of KC and her car...which in turn made me think of Caylee in that car and I just wanted to cry.

On Sunday my 2yr old left his (well I left it) sippy cup in my car with milk in it, I didn't find it until yesterday morning when I opened up my doors and had the foulest smell ever. I've been driving with my windows down, left them down all night and can still smell it in my car. This then made me think of poor little Caylee in that trunk, I live in CO and it has been hot here..probably not as hot as it was in FL during those days. I can now imagine how BAD that car smelled and even though I was smelling spoiled milk and not death I know that KC's car was a million times worse...especially after it still smelled years later. IMO I think that HHJP should have allowed the jury to smell that car.

I would think it's a public bookstore. I doubt Baez would confirm he was scared of the public and had an "invite only" party. Don't know, though. Good question.

It is hard to get information on it, but it just seems to me that someone who would write his own book reviews under assumed names, as has been proven, well, that same person would probably stack the deck at a book signing with people he already knew. It was publicly announced and at a public store, but it would not surprise me one bit if there were screeners at the door......I would just love to hear more about it. I have not been to a lot of book signings where there are little chairs set up in a tiny room where a tiny man "speaks" about his book. Seems very controlled to me!

Not really on topic but I am sooo upset. If he gets a new trial I will not pray for a non death penalty. I will NOT pray for a DP but this is not right. He is lodged in Johnson county jail( Thank you Vine) And he was supposed to be sent immediately to an institution. Just color me mean today!:maddening:

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/16866736.html

I had googled him to see where he had been sent and saw an article about him wanting a new trial. OMG how awful this must be for you and your family. Even if it isn't granted, just having to go through the waiting process must be agonizing.

I guess I should not be posting this here but all things considered, I do not think Caylee will mind.

I am confused on this. And this is all conjecture on my part. Why would someone Anti Baez be invited to his book signing?

So-
1-Have we confirmed that it was invite only?
2-Is there anyway to verify this story?

Just throwing it out there before someone takes it and runs with it and uses it against us.

I don't think it was officially invite-only as they advertised it on their bookstore web page. I do, however, think the audience filled by people JB "begged" to go so that it wasn't an empty showing. In other words, I think he invited people to help fill the empty chairs.

Not really on topic but I am sooo upset. If he gets a new trial I will not pray for a non death penalty. I will NOT pray for a DP but this is not right. He is lodged in Johnson county jail( Thank you Vine) And he was supposed to be sent immediately to an institution. Just color me mean today!:maddening:

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/16866736.html

I don't think he'll get it, but I'm so sorry you have to go through the "after conviction" er... stuff. Hugs to you!

I am going to pre order mine....already have it on my nook.....but would it not be SOOOO painful if enough people ordered the paperback from Amazon that it OUTSOLD Baez' book??? We know now how few sales it takes to influence the ratings......maybe I will order a CASE! hard on the family budget but soooo worth it!

It is hard to get information on it, but it just seems to me that someone who would write his own book reviews under assumed names, as has been proven, well, that same person would probably stack the deck at a book signing with people he already knew. It was publicly announced and at a public store, but it would not surprise me one bit if there were screeners at the door......I would just love to hear more about it. I have not been to a lot of book signings where there are little chairs set up in a tiny room where a tiny man "speaks" about his book. Seems very controlled to me!
Just an FYI...Jeff Ashton's was like that in NYC.

ETA: I don't think JA was pleased with the numbers he got there. It was a miserable (rainy) evening in NYC. The event was at a B and N, but IMO, it was a pretty obscure location downtown. Everyone there, though, was there to support him.

It could have been private because wasn't it held in the evening and after normal business hours?

I've got a crazy busy day today with a client who likes to play chicken - also known as who blinks first.

Haha - just cause I wear fushia and look all feminine - he doesn't realize that I am just a tough old broad. :floorlaugh:

Here to catch up then back to round 10...:woohoo:

This must be a moment to say I'm humming - Falling, I think he's falling....

Sales Rank - #2497.......:seeya:

I've got a crazy busy day today with a client who likes to play chicken - also known as who blinks first.

Haha - just cause I wear fushia and look all feminine - he doesn't realize that I am just a tough old broad. :floorlaugh:

Here to catch up then back to round 10...:woohoo:

This must be a moment to say I'm humming - Falling, I think he's falling....

Sales Rank - #2497.......:seeya:

BBM: Hurry, get out the safety net.... Oh dear it looks like it is full of holes....mice or squirrels?????? Oh, I'm thinking squirrels. jmo

BBM: Hurry, get out the safety net.... Oh dear it looks like it is full of holes....mice or squirrels?????? Oh, I'm thinking squirrels. jmo

Oh.....:waitasec: .....I thought it was from crashing past a big rising ego......

:greetings:
Hai guyz! As Websleuthers go, I'm a relative newby myself; only heard about it during the course of the Anthony trial and couldn't wait to come here and check it out...a great group of peeps.

Hi Jane, Nice to meet you!! I too first started reading here about the Anthony's. Have always had an interest in criminal cases. Just got copes of Jeff Ashton and Jaycee Dugard's books, can't decide which one to read first!

:seeya: :)

Hi Jane, Nice to meet you!! I too first started reading here about the Anthony's. Have always had an interest in criminal cases. Just got copes of Jeff Ashton and Jaycee Dugard's books, can't decide which one to read first!

:seeya: :)

they'll both break your heart, maybe jaycee's even more than caylee's. toss a coin.

Update to the info about KC missing from the VINE system.

http://swflorida.blogspot.com/

Says, basically, that she has been removed from VINE "for her protection", as told to them by Florida's Victim Services unit Program Director Gil Barnes.

Thought I would take a moment out to do a visual of why we are all here. Visit our thread as WS right here to take a peak at the candle we keep burning. Light A Candle Tonight Thread at WS <<<----Hyperlink (I'm doing cut/paste of previous posters as I'm not technically savvy to do otherwise)

101682904056443536_nwQjMCME_b.jpg

Caylee_Casey_Anthony_083110_24_1.jpg

caylee+with+wings.jpg

caylee-again.png

Caylee_Casey_Anthony_083110_24_1.jpg

CayleeCandle.gif

Caylee_Casey_Anthony_083110_55_1.jpg

caylee11.jpg

LilDarling.jpg

16m6tk3.jpg

Caylee_Anthony_3.jpg

watch