Sidebar Discussion #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, if GA did all this I think I might buy his book.

Not me. I would not "reward" him for talking now. I'm no longer interested in what he's "going through" or what the truth is. He already got his $600k for his "story" by scamming for the fraudation.. now defunct.

Not me. I would not "reward" him for talking now. I'm no longer interested in what he's "going through" or what the truth is. He already got his $600k for his "story".

I am always interested in the truth. But I know that we will never hear that, not from anyone.

OTOH, if GA wrote a book blasting the snot out of KC, I might read it for entertainment.

Not me. I would not "reward" him for talking now. I'm no longer interested in what he's "going through" or what the truth is. He already got his $600k for his "story" by scamming for the fraudation.. now defunct.

Yes, that's true. I do already know the truth. Yeah, you're right. I wouldn't buy it either. A poster here the other day said about returning JB's book, take the refund and donate it to Tim Miller. Instead of buying GA's book I would donate the cost of his book to Tim Miller. Yep! That's a much better idea. Thanks for bringing me back to reality :-)

I do not believe that what the A's did was done to keep OCA from death. IMO, they did it to get her off completely, and that's what exactly happened. For anyone who states that you would lie on the stand to "save" your child, I'll ask this -

1. Would you ever allow this situation to get as far as a death penalty trial?
2. Would you not understand the seriousness of the situation early on and compel your daughter to take a plea deal with a few words of truth?

The time to save her was well before she faced a jury. I wonder if when GA went to see OCA at the jail back in August '08 that he was going to try and do this - explain to her how bad the situation was and to get out now with a deal. But we later learned that the GA/OCA mtg was stopped by JB, (JB was in NY this night) and when he found out about it, he sent another DT member to the jail and convinced OCA not to meet with GA.

All of this could have been avoided with a few words of truth from any of the A's. I say they knew (something I could never fathom until the trial), that the SA could not prove how Caylee died, and therefore OCA would walk. It was that simple. It never mattered what everyone thought...they created a situation that gave them time on their side.

IMO, GA played the henpecked husband and SODDI foil perfectly, and lookie here - he walked away with the biggest payoff that we've heard about so far - half of an alleged $600K from Dr. Phil. I believe Tim Miller 100% when he said that the A's are all actors and they belong in Hollywood. 1 + 1 = 2 - yeah right - it took GA 3+ years, and Dr Phil's $$$, to evasively speak some of the truth. Imagine GA popping up on this of all nights - I guess the Anthony circus is back in town folks, and just in time now that someone is about to get off probation.

I doubt that JA would waste a moment even thinking about bringing this mess back up by bringing charges against anyone. That part is over, unless someone starts to finally speak the truth about what really happened back in June 2008, and there is only one person with a get out of jail double jeopardy card - OCA. Why would anyone else, other than her, bury themselves now after all this time with the truth?

ETA: I think that Disney, the family channel, went after the wrong Anthony with their 200K... they should have dangled that carrot in front of GA.

I do not believe that what the A's did was done to keep OCA from death. IMO, they did it to get her off completely, and that's what exactly happened. For anyone who states that you would lie on the stand to "save" your child, I'll ask this -

1. Would you ever allow this situation to get as far as a death penalty trial?
2. Would you not understand the seriousness of the situation early on and compel your daughters to take a please deal with a few words of truth?

The time to save her was well before she faced a jury.

All of this could have been avoided with a few words of truth from any of the A's. I say they knew (something I could never fathom until the trial), that the SA could not prove how Caylee died, and therefore OCA would walk. It was that simple. It never mattered what everyone thought...they created a situation that gave them time on their side.

IMO, GA played the henpecked husband and SODDI foil perfectly, and lookie here - he walked away with the biggest payoff that we've heard about so far - half of an alleged $600K from Dr. Phil. I believe Tim Miller 100% when he said that the A's are all actors and they belong in Hollywood. 1 + 1 = 2 - yeah right - it took GA 3+ years, and Dr Phil's $$$, to evasively speak the some of the truth. Imagine GA popping up on this of all nights - I guess the Anthony circus is back in town folks, and just in time now that someone is about to get off probation.

I doubt that JA would waste a moment even thinking about bringing this mess back up and bringing changes against anyone.

So..could you be more specific about what the "few words of truth" from the "A's" would have been that would have helped her be found guilty?

Such as...we think she is guilty? She's a pathological liar? She was a bad mother? We know she killed her?

Do you seriously think that would have helped in a trial? That would be considered evidence? I don't think so....there is nothing factual about their "opinions". I didn't notice that what they "thought" or "felt" or "said" during the trial had any effect at all on the trial itself, or the verdict. IMO

So..could you be more specific about what the "few words of truth" from the "A's" would have been that would have helped her be found guilty?

Such as...we think she is guilty? She's a pathological liar? She was a bad mother? We know she killed her?

Do you seriously think that would have helped in a trial? That would be considered evidence? I don't think so....there is nothing factual about their "opinions". I didn't notice that what they "thought" or "felt" or "said" during the trial had any effect at all on the trial itself, or the verdict. IMO

I would have started with, yes, there was a fight over her stealing on June 15th and it got out of hand and we were screaming at each other and attacking each other and that was the last time I saw Caylee....

what Amyg said....

I suggested all of that because I think had the A's told the truth from the get go about their daughter, (the lies, not working, vast amount of stealing, concerns for Caylee's safety) there most likely would never have been a trial -her DT would have encourgaged a plea deal, because they would have no where to go. Everything lead back to OCA.

I would have started with, yes, there was a fight over her stealing on June 15th and it got out of hand and we were screaming at each other and attacking each other and that was the last time I saw Caylee....

YES!!!

And...not lying about the chloroform searches.

Not lying about the ladder being left up.

Being honest from day one about the smell in the car.

Giving LE what they needed, the right hairbrush would have been a good start.

And after the trial, even if they were totally honest and IT was still set free...

Not making money off their poor granddaughter's death. A foundation to help others should be just that--to help others, and not for personal gain.

And speaking to the media or not is a matter of choice...but doing it without expectation of monetary gain would have helped everyone to heal, IMO.

what Amyg said....

I suggested all of that because I think had the A's told the truth from the get go about their daughter, (the lies, not working, vast amount of stealing, concerns for Caylee's safety) there most likely would never have been a trial -her DT would have encourgaged a plea deal, because they would have no where to go. Everything lead back to OCA.

Her defense team would have convinced her to take a plea? Was this the same DT that sold her pics for 200K before she was even charged with murder? The same DT who were daily grandstanding in front of the media?

Since when did FCA pay any attention to what her parents wanted? I didn't see any "cooperation" in the jail house videos..and Baez saw a "cash cow" and a "career maker" when he met FCA - no way would he have allowed her to take a plea.

So let's say there actually was a big fight on the 15th and FCA stormed out of the house with Caylee and refused to answer the Anthony's calls for a month. Then what - they would have called the police who would tell them she is an adult and Caylee is her child - she has the right to go where she pleases, etc.

Is this possible? Could Jeff Ashton really do this? If so I wish he would!

Just FYI, this was a broken quote, I did not post this about George:
"Maybe he is trying to butter-up Ashton. He could be scared that Ashton's first order of business will be to charge Cindy with perjury. Congradulations to both Ashton and Perry."

Not earth shattering and not that anyone really cares but me LOL, but I've not made any comments about George other than my posts that he was there.

Don't think he had any grand ulterior motive other than to congratulate Ashton who it appears is a friend; it did quite strike me at first that he was there however as we haven't seen hide nor hair of him in months :moo: :moo: :moo:

YES!!!

And...not lying about the chloroform searches.

Not lying about the ladder being left up.

Being honest from day one about the smell in the car.

Giving LE what they needed, the right hairbrush would have been a good start.

And after the trial, even if they were totally honest and IT was still set free...

Not making money off their poor granddaughter's death. A foundation to help others should be just that--to help others, and not for personal gain.

And speaking to the media or not is a matter of choice...but doing it without expectation of monetary gain would have helped everyone to heal, IMO.

Look - I agree with all those things and it has given us all kinds of fodder for three long years of discussion - you are missing my point!
All of the things you have mentioned above were either refuted at trial OR had no impact on the case at all.

I'm not saying there was nothing wrong with their behavior - there was - but folks keep saying it impacted the trial - it didn't IMO. The LE pretty much igored the Anthony's after George came in and gave his initial statement. What they said and did had squat to do with the evidence and charges. IMO

Look - I agree with all those things and it has given us all kinds of fodder for three long years of discussion - you are missing my point!
All of the things you have mentioned above were either refuted at trial OR had no impact on the case at all.

I'm not saying there was nothing wrong with their behavior - there was - but folks keep saying it impacted the trial - it didn't IMO. The LE pretty much igored the Anthony's after George came in and gave his initial statement. What they said and did had squat to do with the evidence and charges. IMO

You discount the non-verbal cues. Their words may not have mattered but their body language throughout said it all.

I'm pretty sure the fight on the 15th would have been presented at trial if there was any proof of it - but it was a case of she said she said, not evidence ...

You discount the non-verbal cues. Their words may not have mattered but their body language throughout said it all.

I watched George sitting there completely stony faced and angry throughout the whole trial..and I saw an angry Lee - both clearly appeared that they thought FCA was guilty.

CA was her usual loony self...who perjured hersef on the stand.

I watched George sitting there completely stony faced and angry throughout the whole trial..and I saw an angry Lee - both clearly appeared that they thought FCA was guilty.

CA was her usual loony self...who perjured hersef on the stand.

With their pithy answers and deliberate non-truth telling answers, one could reasonably argue they were angry to be brought into a railroading of their precious CMA for a crime they felt she didn't commit.

I do not believe I am missing the point. I agree that as things stood when this went to trial, not much could have been done differently by GA and/or CA to have much of an impact. However...had they conducted themselves in a civilized fashion and cooperated with LE and the DA from the get-go, I do not believe the trial would have gone the way of a circus to the extent that it did. JB said and did what he did to defend his client because he knew who her parents were, and he knew that they would either not fight it or not have much support if they chose to fight it.

They could have spoken up for Caylee and still stood by their daughter. They chose not to do the right thing, not once or twice...but over and over and over. And then took people's money in payment for lying some more.

I firmly believe that this trial would have gone far differently had those two been cooperative from the start. The DA's office would have been on their side, for one thing. And people banding together only strengthens their cause...had they all banded together in the name of justice we might actually have that today!

Here's my point and then I will let you all get on with your comments.

For me the Anthony's behaviour and the evidence, documents and the trial were two separate channels of events running side by side. At the trial, those things that were hard evidence and documented testimony were presented.

What despicable behaviour or our opinions of what the Anthony's thought and did as presented in the media and our observations are just that - their opinions. Even if all three of them has said "I know she killed Caylee" it wouldn't have been presented - because they had no proof. I watched the same series of events as you did and I saw the LE ignore the family once their investigation progressed.

I'm quite sure the prosecutors can't say "do you think your daughter is guilty" in the middle of a trial. And if they had - what does it prove?

It wasn't one big series of events - it was two - running side by side. Like a TV picture - you watch one program on a big screen and have a smaller one running in the corner of the screen, if that makes any sense at all. Again - IMO

The truth runs one path and one path only. It never waivers nor is it ever subjective. It just is. And everyone can tell it.

I do not believe I am missing the point. I agree that as things stood when this went to trial, not much could have been done differently by GA and/or CA to have much of an impact. However...had they conducted themselves in a civilized fashion and cooperated with LE and the DA from the get-go, I do not believe the trial would have gone the way of a circus to the extent that it did. JB said and did what he did to defend his client because he knew who her parents were, and he knew that they would either not fight it or not have much support if they chose to fight it.

They could have spoken up for Caylee and still stood by their daughter. They chose not to do the right thing, not once or twice...but over and over and over. And then took people's money in payment for lying some more.

I firmly believe that this trial would have gone far differently had those two been cooperative from the start. The DA's office would have been on their side, for one thing. And people banding together only strengthens their cause...had they all banded together in the name of justice we might actually have that today!

Interesting. I saw the DA's office as being on their side. I agree about the money and the media events and the foundation. However I would like to point out that once Brad Conway was out of the way and Lippman became their lawyer, they said nothing at all. Not for or against.

I saw what I believed was them sitting on "the defense side" at the trial but were they? The defense table was along the side. I don't know if they supported Caylee or not because, again, they made no public statements.

I believe the circus of events was set in stone once JB sold the pics to ABC. My point was - I don't believe the Anthony's behaviour affected the outcome of the trial. They were a sideshow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member