Sidebar Discussion #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a heart attack at 39 and just 2 weeks ago a series of pinstrokes. I am trying like the dickens to quit now. I am all of 42 years old. I wish I could just drop them and never pick them up. This is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.
I am concerned now that I may not have full clearance to do some of the things I love. We are are going to Disney in 36 days. I had planned on my 100th Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain rides. Unless I get a clear MRI and MRA ,no go on Space Mountain.
Learn from my bad example please.

Don't know what to say except "HUGS" and please please take good care of yourself! Yes, I do understand how hard to put down no matter what - not a security blanket exactly but a friend in a way that a non-smoker would ever understand. Wonder if some of this is genetics but hope you are following your medical folks to the letter.

Finger crossed that you are well enough to take your trip. Phsst - who needs the Space Mountain....

All I can say after all our unloading is - It's a darn good thing Tricia doesn't need us to pass a Medical to belong to Websleuths!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

There would be some long dark and empty corridors here instead of all you interesting and lively, lovely people who inhabit this place!!!:blowkiss:

I had a heart attack at 39 and just 2 weeks ago a series of pinstrokes. I am trying like the dickens to quit now. I am all of 42 years old. I wish I could just drop them and never pick them up. This is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.
I am concerned now that I may not have full clearance to do some of the things I love. We are are going to Disney in 36 days. I had planned on my 100th Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain rides. Unless I get a clear MRI and MRA ,no go on Space Mountain.

I have been smoking for 38 years. I tried desperately to quit when pregnant, without success. I worried about low birth weight but was hooked. When I had 9 lb babies I was actually glad I smoked, thinking of how big they could have been. My dh had a stent put in last year. We were warned that we must quit smoking. Dh is smoking much less, but has not been able to quit. Now the doctor told me that I may have copd. I wish I could quit but nothing has worked for me.

Forgot to tell you to stop and see me at disney world. I work I in fantasyland merchandise. Ask any gift shop in fantasyland for Kathy.

plus.... using monies gained by defending their daughter on national TV.... You know, the one who let their granddaughter die on her watch and never even bothered to tell the "loving" grandparents about it or seek help.... to build a bathroom is just repulsive beyond words.

hey felon, your daughter call you recently to tell you about the book she was reading while being held hostage by the nanny to teach you a lesson cause you are a spiteful *****? :maddening:

ITA with your post but I laughed out loud at your edit. Hope Coco is in a better mood soon. :)

As a tax paying American I, along with others who pay their taxes, have to foot the bill for tax cheats.

If foundation money was used for the bathroom remodel then it's fraud and I don't like picking up the tab for the likes of the Anthonys.

IMO

I totally agree with you..but at the same time, I think.."What can I do about it!?!" and get even more angry.

Forgot to tell you to stop and see me at disney world. I work I in fantasyland merchandise. Ask any gift shop in fantasyland for Kathy.

I will so do that! Adding it to my Disney notes right now! 8 wonderful days in the parks!

:seeya:Cyber hug to you...Jeez, I hope you are doing alright now? I had a couple of what we call TIA strokes, that was well over 20 yrs ago, caused by what I believe was stress, in the CCU for 15 days-It took a very long time and many many Dr's for me to be 'normal' again-End result? Very bad, aggravating migraine headaches and vertigo like symptoms-on average, out of 31 days, I have them anywhere from 25 to 28 days a month. A change in weather will bring them on, the humidity will bring them on, nothing short of going to the ER and getting a shot for the dire pain will help, but I refuse to go that route. I also suffer from what I refer to as loose wire syndrome. I can have great conversation going and at times, all of a sudden I completely lose my train of thought and cannot remember what I just said to complete the sentence or story.

It's 8:36am here and all is well. DH put my fave ashtray away and I gave him my newly opened pack last night, opened it, read in here and put the whole thing right in his pocket and told him to put them away. He put them on top of the fireplace this morning as a reminder that I do not need them. He gives a huge shout out to all you that posted about smoking last night. He said 'it's about time someone shook you awake' -he reminded me we spend an average of $160- a month on cigs alone-I should know better.:waitasec:

Hope that was okay to post. Somebody yell at me if not, and I will delete.

Thank You

I am sure someone can describe this better for you....

to post a picture

Right click on the pic.
Choose save image URL
Open submit reply
Put the I thingy where you want pic to land in the post
Click the mountain picture below the blue arrows above your posting box
Paste the URL in the pop up box
Select preview post
Then hit submit

:crazy:

And this is why my IT son doesn't let me "play" on his new laptop...:innocent:

:seeya:Cyber hug to you...Jeez, I hope you are doing alright now? I had a couple of what we call TIA strokes, that was well over 20 yrs ago, caused by what I believe was stress, in the CCU for 15 days-It took a very long time and many many Dr's for me to be 'normal' again-End result? Very bad, aggravating migraine headaches and vertigo like symptoms-on average, out of 31 days, I have them anywhere from 25 to 28 days a month. A change in weather will bring them on, the humidity will bring them on, nothing short of going to the ER and getting a shot for the dire pain will help, but I refuse to go that route. I also suffer from what I refer to as loose wire syndrome. I can have great conversation going and at times, all of a sudden I completely lose my train of thought and cannot remember what I just said to complete the sentence or story.

It's 8:36am here and all is well. DH put my fave ashtray away and I gave him my newly opened pack last night, opened it, read in here and put the whole thing right in his pocket and told him to put them away. He put them on top of the fireplace this morning as a reminder that I do not need them. He gives a huge shout out to all you that posted about smoking last night. He said 'it's about time someone shook you awake' -he reminded me we spend an average of $160- a month on cigs alone-I should know better.:waitasec:

I quit cold turkey on 9/12/06!! My then 6 year old daughter and her best friend hounded me everyday to quit. They would tell me "you know you're gonna die"!! I was a heavy smoker, would wake in the middle of the night and light up. But I was becoming obsessed with getting sick because of the cigarettes and my daughter's constant complaining so I finally did it. Physically the torture was over in about 2-3 days, but psychologically it took months. Good Luck to all who are trying. If I can do it so can you!!!

I am sure someone can describe this better for you....

to post a picture

Right click on the pic.
Choose save image URL
Open submit reply
Put the I thingy where you want pic to land in the post
Click the mountain picture below the blue arrows above your posting box
Paste the URL in the pop up box
Select preview post
Then hit submit

:crazy:

And this is why my IT son doesn't let me "play" on his new laptop...:innocent:

ok! thank you for explaining it to me!

Time to weigh in on the smoking issue.
(apologies to those who have already seen this posted elsewhere on the forum)

When I was a kid, our family would often take road trips - five kids in the back and both parents in the front smoking to their heart's content with the windows up. At home during winter, seven of us would be shut up in the living room (watching Dragnet or The Man From Uncle or something - punctuated by those ads with the Marlboro man riding his horse across the hills (was that Wyoming?), heater on, parents smoking like locomotives. In fact, in those days we would run to the local corner store to buy the cigarettes FOR them (at 33c a pack).
As a fifteen yo I was even hired by somebody to ride a penny-farthing bike around the local speedway between races and throw free packs of cigs to the crowd. Lol.

Needless to say, I became a smoker myself - and have now been one for 38 years (I did give up for three years in my twenties but went to a party at a Navy base, was offered a cigar and got up the next morning a smoker again .... darn sailors).
But see, those times were different. The mindset was not the same and the dangers were less known.
Now, in my country, stores are not even permitted to display cigarettes, are not permitted to sell them to persons under 18yo, and are required to ask for ID of anyone who appears under 25yo. It is now also illegal to smoke within four metres of the entrance of any building or any other signed area, in any area more than 25% enclosed, within ten metres of a playground or school boundary, in a vehicle carrying persons under 16yo or on a beach.
Sometime this year or next, all cigarettes will be packaged in plain packs with a gory warning only and no branding whatsoever.
Sadly, I still see a lot of kids smoking and wonder if I were a kid in THIS day and age, would I still take it up?
More to the point, can I quit? I wish.
My optometrist says I will be blind by the time I'm seventy due to severe macular degeneration which can be directly attributed to smoking over such a long period. I told him that won't matter because I'll have died of a heart attack by then anyhow.
The moral? I am personally weak-willed but times have changed drastically ..... there's a lot of help and aids available out there, so IF YOU ARE YOUNGER AND MORE SENSIBLE THAN ME, YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE - PLEASE GIVE UP NOW ... I'll be happy to ride a funny looking bike over to your place and take them away from you.

Back in the days when we thought it was sooo cool to light up-I know this story all too well, especially the part about buying cigarettes for our parents, nobody at the store blinked an eye! I am weak willed as well and the thing that always makes me want to smoke more is when somebody gets on me to quit. Back when, the cigs were more pure than what they are treating them with now. Yes, I think for everyone's own good we all should make the effort to do better for our bodies and minds.

Back to OCA and Co. It would be a little nice to know what's going on with the foundation monies. I have not seen any type of positive action in helping anyone else, except for the teddy bears and now the bathroom redo. What is exactly going on with all that money and all the perks?
Not that it makes much difference, but I do wonder whatever happened to the people from KF? Questionable org.,They were pretty close to all the action, wonder what happened to them? Were they cast aside as well? I feel a bit sorry for a lot of the people who got invovled in this-because some of them have a less than perfect backround and you just know all that will be dredged up in another trial.

ok! thank you for explaining it to me!

You might want to give it a try first. I am horrible with giving directions. DH used to tease me terribly. I am the person who turns the map upside down to match the direction the car is going. :waitasec::crazy::innocent:

re: recent pic of FCA posted....

I admit when the first and second video came out and the first batch of pictures, I was intrigued and really wanted to see what she looked like now, and I could kind of understand all the hoopla about them at that time, especially the video, because other than the jail house vids and phone calls home, and the two or so times she spoke in court, we really had not heard her speak in a few years. I was curious as to what she would say, but after hearing her speak about herself and her things and her pierced nose, she kind of turned my stomach.

now, thanks to whoever posted the pic, but, meh, I really am not that much interested in seeing or hearing her anymore, she ruined the mystery and I hope folks everywhere feel the same way I do, just not so excited about her leaking her recent pic, IMO, she is behind all of the leaks. I hope there is no fuss about this pic, and that she realizes people are getting bored with all of her teen-age nonsense.

IMO, MOO, etc.

I totally agree with you..but at the same time, I think.."What can I do about it!?!" and get even more angry.

BBM: FCA is free so there will never be any justice for Caylee. CA and GA will never be charged with perjury. LL should hang his head in shame. I hope Ashton beats him and his first order of business will be to prosecute CA for perjury.

The entire A family loves money and the spotlight so I suspect they will be fishing again for a paid interview. When JB went to NY right after the trial and was seen dining out with Matt I thought it was a done deal. I found a link on the NBC site and sent them a message. I told him I used to like Matt but if he interviews FCA, I will never watch him again. Please give this to Matt ---Matt you have children, how could live with yourself giving Casey the spotlight and money for torturing her daughter to death with duct tape. How would you feel if someone did that to your child? How could you sleep at night giving a baby killer the spotlight that she desperately wants.

I hope lots of people sent letters. Within a few days NBC came out with a message they were not pursuing an interview with FCA or job offers for JB.

We can make a difference if we keep up with the case. If there are rumblings about GA/CA doing an interview, I'll send a message to whatever network it is and tell them all about their scamdations. They have so much more money now than before Caylee's death, make them explain how they got the money to buy a new jeep and remodel a bathroom. Ask them about not paying their mortgage (which hurts all of us who pay our mortgages) and letting the house go into forclosure but never missed a month to donate to FCA's snack fund.

I think the our messages made a difference. Perhaps that's wishful thinking but I'll keep sending them.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member