Sidebar Discussion #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, most of the defense bar embraced Baez and Mason as conquering heroes after the verdict.

As a matter of fact, several prominent Florida defense attorneys proposed having Jose Baez and Cheney Mason be the keynote speakers at the 50th Anniversary Meeting of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.

Holy mackerel! Which ones proposed that (remind me to steer clear of them)? Will they be speaking on how to tick off the judge, how to avoid discovery, or which finger looks better in newspaper photos? Oh maybe they can speak about how to wiggle out of all those pesky bar complaints... or how to stiff JAC and stick it to the tax payers. It might be interesting to hear them speak about how to tip toe through all the contempt charges for not following orders. Do they allow visitors at this event? Where can I get my circus ticket? :innocent:

Makes me wonder if Josh Powell murdered Susan over jealousy for 'his' boys the same way KC took Caylee Marie? KC was not pleased with JG and CA taking Caylee was the final straw. I wonder if Josh wanted the boys to himself, could not have them love their Mother more/same as him and given he lost custody (no way he was going to ace the psycho sexual analysis) he took them out of spite?

Sound familiar? At least Josh removed himself as well. Tragic.

KC signs off, Exclusively me all about me and only me. The terrible 2's.

To be honest, to me Josh looked like someone who had suffered abuse as a child. Very sad looking eyes. KC is way too happy. And after 31 days KC was the happiest person I have ever seen to have lost a child. Sort of went along with that posting she put in her "journal" that CA was written in '03 when the journal was not sold in stores until '04, "I'm the happiest I've been in a long time". jmo

Holy mackerel! Which ones proposed that (remind me to steer clear of them)? Will they be speaking on how to tick off the judge, how to avoid discovery, or which finger looks better in newspaper photos? Oh maybe they can speak about how to wiggle out of all those pesky bar complaints... or how to stiff JAC and stick it to the tax payers. It might be interesting to hear them speak about how to tip toe through all the contempt charges for not following orders. Do they allow visitors at this event? Where can I get my circus ticket? :innocent:

Or, how to spend thousands and thousand of the State's money on investigations to find someone else to pin the death on and claiming you are not ready for trial when your defense is that the baby drowned accidentially. jmo

By that time (the 50th Conference) JB will be around 75 years old and CM will be about 258.

Makes me wonder if Josh Powell murdered Susan over jealousy for 'his' boys the same way KC took Caylee Marie? KC was not pleased with JG and CA taking Caylee was the final straw. I wonder if Josh wanted the boys to himself, could not have them love their Mother more/same as him and given he lost custody (no way he was going to ace the psycho sexual analysis) he took them out of spite?

Sound familiar? At least Josh removed himself as well. Tragic.

KC signs off, Exclusively me all about me and only me. The terrible 2's.

Why make it more complicated than it needs to be? Maybe he killed her because she wouldn't be the wife he wanted her to be? And if she wasn't going to be a wife to him, she wasn't going to be a wife to anyone. She belonged to him.

The same with the kids. I don't think it was complicated. He believed the boys were his "belongings". If the courts took custody away from him, he did what he wanted. If he couldn't have what was "his" no one could. So he killed them and because he is sane and knew the consequences, he thumbed his nose at the law (you or anyone else can't tell him what to do) he killed himself. Typical psychopath. Hard wired in a different way than the rest of us.

February 21st is the 52nd day of the year? Anyone close to Casey born on February 21st? :waitasec:

ETA: I'm only playing with the whole "52" thing. It's fun though and I can just imagine the reaction Prophet Ahhh-Choo is having right now.

Isn't Cin 52?

this video released this week ..... was there as much hubbub as the first? I didn't see it if there was. Did anyone on TV even mention it? like Vinnie or anyone? I didn't see much about it on the internet either,

I hope her shelf-life is quickly expiring and really hope by the time her probation is over and she can finally "come out to play" she doesn't get paid much $$$ for being responsible for the death of Caylee. I think people are already getting bored with her self-absorption and self-centeredness.

IMO, MOO, etc.

To be honest, to me Josh looked like someone who had suffered abuse as a child. Very sad looking eyes. KC is way too happy. And after 31 days KC was the happiest person I have ever seen to have lost a child. Sort of went along with that posting she put in her "journal" that CA was written in '03 when the journal was not sold in stores until '04, "I'm the happiest I've been in a long time". jmo

Here you go.....what did it say!!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/10/powell-had-incestuous-images-on-his-computer-police-say/

I'm late again, so please forgive me. Was just reading the Current News Thread and saw how Convicted Felon Casey Anthony appears to be quite the social butterfly on a support herself site. So does that mean she lied once again to her probation officer about someone hacking her computer?

Or, how to spend thousands and thousand of the State's money on investigations to find someone else to pin the death on and claiming you are not ready for trial when your defense is that the baby drowned accidentially. jmo

Still can't wrap my mind around them getting away with trying to "investigate" hundreds of volunteer searchers...if Caylee drowned accidentally. Seems like there should be some professional consequences for that obvious attempt to frame an innocent.

yall know what I like? I like how OCA "releases" another video and teases with pictures to come :sick: and it barely breaks the surface, making no splash at all, instead in sidebar we're talking about monster josh powell...

Why make it more complicated than it needs to be? Maybe he killed her because she wouldn't be the wife he wanted her to be? And if she wasn't going to be a wife to him, she wasn't going to be a wife to anyone. She belonged to him.

The same with the kids. I don't think it was complicated. He believed the boys were his "belongings". If the courts took custody away from him, he did what he wanted. If he couldn't have what was "his" no one could. So he killed them and because he is sane and knew the consequences, he thumbed his nose at the law (you or anyone else can't tell him what to do) he killed himself. Typical psychopath. Hard wired in a different way than the rest of us.

LG, you know I :heartluv: ya, but I have recently discovered that it is really a LOT deeper than that. I think you guys that followed this case would find that case very, very interesting. Warning though - all of the facts that are coming out now are very disturbing. Very.

I am not a big crier, the Powell case has absoluted haunted me for the past week. It is the only case other than Caylee's where I have been affected so much, that I find myself crying and I have had several dreams about it. I can only digest small portions of the news releases at a time, because each one is more horrifying than the one before it.

I have to say that Susan's parents, Chuck & Judy Cox are AMAZING people. Their grace is just unbelievable considering the circumstances and grief they are experiencing. They have even had made arrangements for the children's funeral to be streamed live so that online support communities, such as WS, can "attend" and get some closure. When asked why, Chuck responded, "Because their support has been steadfast over the past 2 years and they are hurting too." (paraphrased - I believe the interview was on the Today show this morning??). There will be a Dateline special airing tonight on it.

LG, you know I :heartluv: ya, but I have recently discovered that it is really a LOT deeper than that. I think you guys that followed this case would find that case very, very interesting. Warning though - all of the facts that are coming out now are very disturbing. Very.

I am not a big crier, the Powell case has absoluted haunted me for the past week. It is the only case other than Caylee's where I have been affected so much, that I find myself crying and I have had several dreams about it. I can only digest small portions of the news releases at a time, because each one is more horrifying than the one before it.

I have to say that Susan's parents, Chuck & Judy Cox are AMAZING people. Their grace is just unbelievable considering the circumstances and grief they are experiencing. They have even had made arrangements for the children's funeral to be streamed live so that online support communities, such as WS, can "attend" and get some closure. When asked why, Chuck responded, "Because their support has been steadfast over the past 2 years and they are hurting too." (paraphrased - I believe the interview was on the Today show this morning??). There will be a Dateline special airing tonight on it.

I trust you implicitly Beach - hope you know that! I have been reading everything I can get my hands on and then some. You know I take information like a tree - I strip the leaves, the twigs and the branches off, then saw the tree apart to have a look at the rings - usually this is a simple story with complicated and brutal facts. Not arguing with you at all.

I was stunned when I heard about this initially....than sadly not surprised....I am happy that the boys are with Susan---and I pray that their dad went the other way.....sad, sad ending to their lives....why couldn't he just take himself out --- why the little ones...never figure that one out:please:

I think its beautiful that the grandparents are able to be so open in what must be the most raw moments of their lives. It shows their souls are golden. I can't imagine the pain....

OT: But I am really excited!!

Just a little background information. I was only 15-years-old when my older niece, Stephanie, was born. My younger sister was only 14-years-old when she was born.

Stephanie will be graduating High School this year (May 20th) and we have been going back and forth on her graduation trip (her gift from her two Aunts) for 6 months or more! We've finally agreed on a location!! Trust me... it's been a struggle!! My sister and I are in our 30's (lower 30's) and my niece will be 18-years-old when we take our trip... so you should know that our idea of a trip is a lot different than her idea of a trip. Ha!

My sister and I first suggested Hawaii. Who doesn't want to go to Hawaii?? Yep, you guessed it... my niece, Stephanie. She's crazy!!!

Stephanie suggested the Bahamas? We live right next door to the Bahamas and can go anytime?? Absolutely NOT!!

My sister and I then suggested the State of Washington! A road trip across Washington? We've done road trips across Ohio and Pennsylvania with her and had a blast? I even told her we could stay in the area where they filmed Twilight (TEAM EDWARD!!)? We'd never been to Washington? Nope... she didn't want to do it.

Stephanie suggests a cruise? We've done the cruise thing with her? We had a blast, but we've done it? If she would have wanted to do an Alaska or Hawaii cruise... we may have considered it, but she wanted to do another Caribbean cruise? Nope!

Of course Stephanie then suggests Las Vegas (My sister and I have already been to Vegas) and we told her that we had already planned that trip for her 21st Birthday! :floorlaugh: That's out!!

So my sister and I suggested the Grand Canyon?? My sister and I have already done that too, but my niece hasn't and it would be fun to actually take the Helicopter ride, go kayaking (sp?), hike, etc... Again, Stephanie said no?

So Stephanie and her friend stopped by today (her friend is going to get a tattoo:banghead:. Thank God Stephanie isn't 18 YET!) and we started talking about where we were going to go?? What about New York?? My sister and I have already been to New York, but my niece hasn't and everyone has to visit New York City at least once in their life? Not to mention, she has a little friend, who I adore, that moved up there a few years ago and would love to see her again. Not to mention that my sister and I also have friends up there? And Stephanie finally AGREED!!!! But not before mentioning Mexico which was an immediate :censored: NO!!!

We invited her friend who was with her and told her that if she could buy her plane ticket and bring spending money, we would pay for the hotel so Stephanie could have a friend to experience New York City with and she wouldn't be stuck with her Aunts (even though we are super cool) the whole time.

So finally we can start actually planning the trip!

:woohoo:

Or, one could look at it from the point of view that the FACDL is made up of defense attorneys. And what are defense attorney's (and defendants named Anthony) known for telling?

HAHAHAHAHA!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members