Sidebar Discussion #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is stuck with the accusations until all lawsuits are done. They have to keep up with the story and embellish it until KC is walking away from the courthouse for good.
My question is why they focus so much on becoming top news story? Why don't KC and her legal team JUST SHUT UP. I think they are working at helping her with the appeal for her lies. CM is playing the card that he is her Rep not JB just to distance KC from the book. They all just play games.
If KC gave her permission for this book KC is going to make money off of it. Why else give JB her blessing. Makes sense to me.
Disgusting!!!!

What else is he going to do other than try to make some money off this book and TV interviews with his cronies? It's not like he has a legal career.....

According to Hal...

Baez writes: “George never saw himself as the bad guy. Instead, as is common with abusers, he saw himself as the victim of Casey’s treachery. And like most abusers, he also was a coward.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...g-undermines-his-book-promotion.html#comments

And still George can't sue?

That is what I was talking about just upthread. Taken separetly he says
1) George never saw himselg as a bad guy.
2) Then a crarftily says this is a symptom of an abuser that he thought he was a victim.

He never accuses George of such. Note even in the GVS interview that was transcribed this am he started to use the word possibility...then changed his sentence to the wod symptom.

He is crafty at eveading what seeds are being planted and what folks are "hearing" IMHO

...and besides, even his own co-counsel (CM) said he wouldn't have used the abuse speculation in the opening statement. CM even went as far as stating that he wasn't aware that Baz was going to use it...not that I believe him. But, IMO, the stories of the two just don't sync.

You are saying Baez knows about sync-ing?:floorlaugh:

No argument from me on everything you said - I don't know what it was that stopped him in his tracks - maybe the loss of Caylee and the disbelief and shock that she had actually done this - but this would have been a far difference case if he'd manned up in the early days of this case.

IMO what stopped him in his tracks was JB's opening statement. George drew the line there, and washed his hands of Casey then. But again...there were his depos staring him in the face, limiting what he could say under oath.

What a mess. What a sad sorry mess.

Poor Caylee. (If I say she is better off will people misunderstand and jump all over me? Because I certainly do not want to incite...)

This brings to mind CA washing all Caylee's bedding when she was missing. Who does that? Most people would never wash that bedding again, but no not CA. What did she see on that bedding that she had to get rid of????

Dog hair and dirt? Didn't she say the dogs slept on Caylee's bed when she was there?

That is what I was talking about just upthread. Taken separetly he says
1) George never saw himselg as a bad guy.
2) Then a crarftily says this is a symptom of an abuser that he thought he was a victim.

He never accuses George of such. Note even in the GVS interview that was transcribed this am he started to use the word possibility...then changed his sentence to the wod symptom.

He is crafty at eveading what seeds are being planted and what folks are "hearing" IMHO

Yes, he is using qualifiers now in interviews...but the question now is how did he phrase things in the book? If that was a verbatim quote from the book, it sounds like a lot more than speculation to me.

IMO what stopped him in his tracks was JB's opening statement. George drew the line there, and washed his hands of Casey then. But again...there were his depos staring him in the face, limiting what he could say under oath.

What a mess. What a sad sorry mess.

Poor Caylee. (If I say she is better off will people misunderstand and jump all over me? Because I certainly do not want to incite...)

Yes, it's a damned if he does and damned if he doesn't and you might be inciting someone there but I get it.

Yes, he is using qualifiers now in interviews...but the question now is how did he phrase things in the book? If that was a verbatim quote from the book, it sounds like a lot more than speculation to me.
Associating him with "abusers"...I think we know his intent. And isnt that what's really necessary in filing a defamation suit?

You would think that the talking heads would have picked this up and run with it!

I'm thinking if any brave talking heads are going to pick this up - it will be after Baez has made his rounds, he's on tape and when his book price is dropping like a stone, they will roll in for the "kill"....

I do think they have to wait - South Park doesn't trump salacious sex.
Ratings, y'know?

There is no way at all that I believe JB and the Defense Team didn't sit down and decide what to pull out of the hat. When he was telling the cameras that they were following up on every lead looking for a live Caylee, he knew the truth. When he wanted to take fca out driving around, alone with no LE, media etc., to look for Caylee he knew the truth. When he and LKB got on the tele and pointed the finger at RK, they knew the truth - And when it got down to the wire and he gave his OS the whole defense team knew the truth - And the truth is that fca murdered Caylee and everything everything the defense said says are lies. I have emailed PM, GVS, the view, not with hate mail but just asking why they are not questioning anything. it doesn't do any good. They are in a position of what they call "power" and tv "celebrities" , believe their own pr and think the rest of us are "haters" and "idiots". It's not over. She will do something, re-offend or somehow the truth will come out.
I awear, it feels like the end of humanity, something, when someone like JB, after all the underhanded things he pulled during trial and all the innocent people he tried to pull down to his and fca's level - gets lauded and almost lifted to the skies or to heaven with praise. I really hope someone is writing a book about this. Something along the lines of "the case that killed the legal system in America". "

Wowsers - it sounds like he has gone way over the mark, doesn't it? We'd better send up the flag for AZLawyer again - I thought the first time I asked that he could sue for everything but no.

I'll be shocked and furious if he can't sue for this...

If you notice in the quote, he doesn't actually say George is an abuser, he just says that he does something that is common among abusers. There is an obvious inference but no direct accusation. Jb was very careful.

oh i see that they are doing some damage control on amazon. Book is up to 2.4 from 2.3 out of 5 stars since yesterday. woo

If you notice in the quote, he doesn't actually say George is an abuser, he just says that he does something that is common among abusers. There is an obvious inference but no direct accusation. Jb was very careful.

Agree but apparently he has been less "cautious" in his TV "appearances"

Associating him with "abusers"...I think we know his intent. And isnt that what's really necessary in filing a defamation suit?

add it to this:
Baez alleges in “Presumed Guilty” that Anthony’s father tapered off the sexual abuse because he was worried about getting his daughter pregnant.
My SISTER, My DAUGHTER!!! Casey Anthony claims Caylee was child of incest
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/sister-daughter-casey-anthony-claims-caylee-child-incest-lawyer-article-1.1109622

Well, it reads differently to me. It reads like it is a fact that George did this, not just that it appeared to the author that he did something. Now, had he said "George may have felt..." I'd see it is something left open to interpretation, which is what speculation usually is. But the way it's worded in the book is stating that no one should be surprised that George felt as he did because feeling that way is common among abusers.

I do not believe that in this instance JB was careful enough.

But, whether or not George can sue really doesn't matter a whole lot, because he won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine