Sidebar Discussion #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM And what ONE case will he be remembered for?

You are right. He will be remembered for trying to find justice for a little girl who never lived to see her first day of kindergarten. How does one have anything but respect for a person like that?

Yes, you are probably right about most of that - but JB has taken a few digs so far at Cindy that haven't been at all respectful considering how much he used her during the trial - and I do mean "used" and I was wondering how she could resist taking a shot or two back at him. I would think "money" would make her worse not better...

Hmm - wonder if it's got anything to do with FCA's appeal??

It is also easier to read. I can't believe what I am reading about :waitasec: cheeseburgers, mismatched shoe strings, flying helicopters and laughing about a lie relating to Zanny after the fact. This is not interesting reading material at all. There is no need to read about a failed bikini buisness or going to the Big Apple with his client, except it shows once again somebody was making up things or not putting a kabash on the fca's been everywhere rumor that made some kind of money for somebody. The only way he's going to get a sale is to repeat this thing about GA from words of a habitual liar? That takes the cake. :maddening:

Okay... WHERE are you guys reading this stuff? :waitasec: Did I miss the link for this?? :banghead: If someone could post (again!) it would be VERY much appreciated!!

respectfully snipped...
Why, then, is he diving into her world of lies? It is making him look ridiculous and losing any cool lawyer finesse he may have gained. ...

Do you think what made him cool was his pocket squares?? :floorlaugh:

I wonder if Lola's going to go to B&N next Tuesday to start reading for us??!! :fence:

Okay... WHERE are you guys reading this stuff? :waitasec: Did I miss the link for this?? :banghead: If someone could post (again!) it would be VERY much appreciated!!

respectfully snipped...

Do you think what made him cool was his pocket squares?? :floorlaugh:

I wonder if Lola's going to go to B&N next Tuesday to start reading for us??!! :fence:

The ABC tv site has been posting "tidbits" for the last couple of days - they seem to have an "early release"....

Here's a start for you and then you can "read back".....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/moment-cas...ees-body-found/story?id=16670545#.T-0lgfW6oqI

Hold on to your hat because you are going to blow!! As in "thar she/he blows"....

Don't forget the licorice, Baez got to share a licorice stick with Casey. This is something I am almost certain Ashton will never get to do. Please give Baez credit.....do not slight him......he has his men in black glasses on and is a star.....

:floorlaugh:Eeeewwww! I don't think JA would consider that:floorlaugh: I think he'd rather go hungry than actually do that. I might be wrong, but I remember hearing many years ago that an attorney cannot get personally involved with their clients, they cannot show any type of improprierties, it's against the rules. Knowing this, how does he still get away with what is being said now? He was still her attorney of record until recenlty. Oh Boy! The more I think about this, the worse it gets. Again, if she has these mental issues and is not playing with a full deck, isn't that a sort of a slander against his own client? How can she make decisions or sign anything if this is the case? I think I see a hot mess of worm cans in his future.

The ABC tv site has been posting "tidbits" for the last couple of days - they seem to have an "early release"....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/moment-cas...ees-body-found/story?id=16670545#.T-0lgfW6oqI

Hold on to your hat because you are going to blow!! As in "thar she/he blows"....

I admit, I blew like Mt. Vesuvius again. How does he back up what he said about Caylee being dead at that moment and fca being in mourning? Wait a Minute! Didn't CM say the almost same exact thing not too long ago about the same exact scenario? I believe he did! Question now is, Who helped to write this drivel of a book? Bet it'll be blamed on a new psychic ability between CM and JB. :maddening:

Jeff Ashton, the first prosecutor in the country to use DNA in a criminal court conviction in 1987.

In 1987, Florida rapist Tommy Lee Andrews was the first person in the United States to be convicted as a result of DNA evidence, for raping a woman during a burglary; he was convicted on November 6, 1987, and sentenced to 22 years in prison

Just saying......
Yup...this came to mind for me as well. Thanks, SOS!

If he's repeating what she said by saying "Casey said that George did XYZ," and if she really did say it, then his statement would be true.

If he's repeating what she said by saying "George did XYZ," then his statement would be false (assuming George didn't do it).

BBM
So...I'm thinking that if he were to sue for defamation then Casey would have to be deposed? Would saying "it" to one of the doctors count?
Thanks, AZ!

Baez and his minions are already giving the book 5 stars at Amazon...lol..working hard to keep it out of the bargain bin. I think ive read enough if the sample to give my own review ;).

I admit, I blew like Mt. Vesuvius again. How does he back up what he said about Caylee being dead at that moment and fca being in mourning? Wait a Minute! Didn't CM say the almost same exact thing not too long ago about the same exact scenario? I believe he did! Question now is, Who helped to write this drivel of a book? Bet it'll be blamed on a new psychic ability between CM and JB. :maddening:

seriously! I thought her lawyers said that she was incapable of appropriate responses to her daughter's "accident" because of abuse? All of the sudden she is Healed? hallelujah!!! Also it is interesting to note that the grief she demonstrated at that moment was the "normal" grief and not the "party like a rock star" grief that she was displaying during those 31 days.
This Chick is a MEDICAL MIRICLE !!

ABC paid for Casey's defense, so I'm sure they feel entitled to the inside scoop on this pile of tripe..
I cannot read it so I will have to rely on WS members to fill me in...

Please find just one post where I support Baez. I am merely pointing out that Jeff Ashton is NOT the hero everyone here seems to think he is.

And please, Jeff Ashton, (one of) the first prosecutor(s) in the country to use DNA in a criminal court conviction in 1987, is NOT what he will be remembered for. He will be remembered for losing the Casey Anthony case to (insert favorite deragatory pet name here) Jose Baez.

Maybe a few facts about Lawson Lamar are warrented for those who don't live in his jurisdiction: (by the way, note the bolded one). He certainly doesn't just wander around.

Here’s just a few other accomplishments of Lawson Lamar as Our State Attorney:
•Over 80,000 criminal cases reviewed for prosecution annually
•Second lowest cost of prosecution per capita in Florida
•Brought the use of D.N.A. evidence to America
•Led team to create one of the finest, state of the art prosecution information management systems, which has been nationally recognized and duplicated
•Partnered with other Central Florida criminal justice agencies to ensure continuity of services and to reduce duplication of efforts in data collection and dissemination
•Personally conducts all Ninth Circuit grand juries in Orange and Osceola Circuit Courts
•Created the Government Accountability Unit to investigate government corruption
•Formed specialized sex crimes and child abuse units for more effective prosecution
•Authored important new arson and animal protection laws
•Created nationally-recognized Metropolitan Bureau of Investigation
•Organized the Insurance Fraud prosecution team
•Initiated Orange County Consumer Fraud Unit, targeting unlicensed contractors and consumer complaints, especially against the elderly
•Founding director of the Osceola County Investigative Bureau
•Founded Children’s Safety Village
•Founding Member and past chair of Juvenile Assessment Center
•Created Early Truancy Intervention Unit for Orange and Osceola Counties, keeping thousands of at-risk children in school
•Partnership with UCF to conduct criminology research on the causation of truency and solutions to violent juvenile crimes

http://www.ourstateattorney.com/about-lawson-lamar/state-attorney/

Well I watched Ashton in action - doing most of his presentations and particularly the scientifc ones without notes - and I saw Baez reading his and being prompted off his phone screen.

If Ashton is passionate about the work he does - that's fine with me. I wonder just how long it's been since Lamar has worked a courtroom - or did he ever? Seems he just wanders around his lawyers saying - doing alright? I'll take a believer anyday. You are always welcome to support Baez.

ABC paid for Casey's defense, so I'm sure they feel entitled to the inside scoop on this pile of tripe..
I cannot read it so I will have to rely on WS members to fill me in...

The citizens of Florida also paid for FCAs defense - So I suppose they are all entitled to the inside scoop too. :rocker:

How can one ever compare Jeff to Jose?
Well, you can’t. Just for starters:

Jeff takes the Bar and PASSES it the First Time.

Jose takes the Bar, once, twice, three times he’s a lady…I mean a Lawyer.

Jeff introduces DNA to the Court System.

Jose introduces his DNA to FKC and her to him, by way of Twizzlers.

Jeff introduces Decomp Air Samples from FKC’s trunk to the Court System.

Jose blows air in the court room with his lies and FKC’s.

Let’s see, that’s three WINS for Jeff.

Jose: Hahahahahaha …… You did NOT WIN, the P12 were not interested in doing any work while they were on their PAID Vacation. All they wanted to be bothered with is Movies and Dessert. Not a Win To Me. BUT, hay, I will give you your P12 winners. Even Charlie Sheen would NOT call it winning, and I think he’s NUTS! AJMO

BBM And what ONE case will he be remembered for?

Unfortunately the one where an innocent baby girl did not recieve justice though he fought the good fight for her :(
For that he will always be thought of as Caylees hero in the eyes of the world.

On the other hand Baez will always be remembered as the one who twisted justice in order to "win" fame & fortune.
How's that working for Baez now? :floorlaugh:

Wonderful, wonderful post! Thank you SleuththeTruth!

And it was so Logical!! :seeya:

Hay LG, I give the credit to the wonderful WS people, like you and many others, that brave the water by reading what he has to say and report it back to those of us who REALLY CARE about Caylee. AJMO

Ok, so what expert testified that she lives in a fantasy world because of sexual abuse? All I remember is the grief lady who testified that "everyone grieves differently" (and apparently some not at all).

They blame the media, to me this "fantasy world because of sexual abuse" is tabloid material but I guess Baez knows what sells.

I'm sitting here wondering when CFCA will start saying things like:
JB took advantage of my mental health issues by molesting me during the most vulnerable time in my life.
Now JB is taking advantage of me in his book.

Sorry folks, I just feel it in my bones that CFCA is going to flip her lid one day and accuse JB of many improprieties. I swear I can feel it.

Am I off my rocker?

I agree that he wants money. But then why didn't he parlay his win into building up his career as a bonafide lawyer and earn money the old fashioned way, by reputation as a lawyer who can get his clients off? He is looking for easy money from the devil. I bet his wife would prefer him to be a reputable lawyer. He needs to divest himself from this toxic girl pronto. He could have been respected. Now that is gone. He chose the fame/fortune *advertiser censored*. Dumb.

I don't think he even wants to be a lawyer who has to work 18 hours a day, grinding away, doing research, writing briefs, or overseeing that kind of work, trying to get new clients, appearing in court in the early morning hours, etc. I don't think he wants to do that kind of detailed, diligent, difficult work as a profession. I think he wants to be a media legal commentator, he wants "instant" fame and fortune, he wants lots of money for his "big win", plain and simple, IMO, MOO, etc.

Please find just one post where I support Baez. I am merely pointing out that Jeff Ashton is NOT the hero everyone here seems to think he is.

And please, Jeff Ashton, (one of) the first prosecutor(s) in the country to use DNA in a criminal court conviction in 1987, is NOT what he will be remembered for. He will be remembered for losing the Casey Anthony case to (insert favorite deragatory pet name here) Jose Baez.

Maybe a few facts about Lawson Lamar are warrented for those who don't live in his jurisdiction: (by the way, note the bolded one). He certainly doesn't just wander around.

Here’s just a few other accomplishments of Lawson Lamar as Our State Attorney:
•Over 80,000 criminal cases reviewed for prosecution annually
•Second lowest cost of prosecution per capita in Florida
•Brought the use of D.N.A. evidence to America
•Led team to create one of the finest, state of the art prosecution information management systems, which has been nationally recognized and duplicated
•Partnered with other Central Florida criminal justice agencies to ensure continuity of services and to reduce duplication of efforts in data collection and dissemination
•Personally conducts all Ninth Circuit grand juries in Orange and Osceola Circuit Courts
•Created the Government Accountability Unit to investigate government corruption
•Formed specialized sex crimes and child abuse units for more effective prosecution
•Authored important new arson and animal protection laws
•Created nationally-recognized Metropolitan Bureau of Investigation
•Organized the Insurance Fraud prosecution team
•Initiated Orange County Consumer Fraud Unit, targeting unlicensed contractors and consumer complaints, especially against the elderly
•Founding director of the Osceola County Investigative Bureau
•Founded Children’s Safety Village
•Founding Member and past chair of Juvenile Assessment Center
•Created Early Truancy Intervention Unit for Orange and Osceola Counties, keeping thousands of at-risk children in school
•Partnership with UCF to conduct criminology research on the causation of truency and solutions to violent juvenile crimes

http://www.ourstateattorney.com/about-lawson-lamar/state-attorney/

sorry but since I don't life in FLA and could not care less about the coming election going on down there, I didn't take the time to read your post. I personally have absolutely no interest whatsoever in your election or Lamar, more interested in my local politics or what is going on on a national level, about our healthcare, that type of thing. Lamar, meh. but from the brief snippets I've seen of him on Hal's blog, he seems kind of cranky.

IMO, MOO, etc.

seriously! I thought her lawyers said that she was incapable of appropriate responses to her daughter's "accident" because of abuse? All of the sudden she is Healed? hallelujah!!! Also it is interesting to note that the grief she demonstrated at that moment was the "normal" grief and not the "party like a rock star" grief that she was displaying during those 31 days.
This Chick is a MEDICAL MIRICLE !!

:waitasec: I might be confused-what's new, but I could swear it was CM who said words along the line of that's when she was in mourning and I thought Hu? because he said she was in mourning when she was out dancing.

I agree and ditto wonders. Just saying in general, fca is either a huge miricle or she is so bad off she needs to be somewhere for her long list of mental/physical health issues, that list is growing. At the same time, she is: 'still the girl next door, she's smart and is MOTY'.:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member