Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This what you want to show her?
JWGworkontrunkliner2.jpg

Yes yes. Thank you so much. I hate postung from my phone. I type backwards more than forward

I'm off to bed to read some more of this "book" lol.

I have to do a bunch of work for my hubby's folks tomorrow, but after that....and after I pour myself a LARGE glass of wine....I'll be back to reading and throwing tidbits on here that I find interesting.

I love my Websleuths family......what would I do without you guys?????????

Oh, and HI Jose!!!!! :seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya:

Honest BigMomma - I so admire you for even cracking open JB's disgusting book - let alone reading that filth and coming back here to post about it. Hard to believe he's put that in print and I could see how upset you were. Besides, there is nothing wrong with speaking your mind - I just felt badly because you were in such distress about seeing it in print.

No offense taken....you were very brave!

I think I know why I was so shaky. I have seen the book photos prior and have commented how it was so obvious this gas can/duct tape tag was in that photo BUT when I actually picked it up, the gray like the duct tape, kwim? Imo, he did that so on purpose.:maddening:

Also, now that I think a bit more clearly, this attention to WS-I just wonder how much information he used by the smart sleuthers in here to color with? kwim? He says one thing, but I can't help but wonder what else he was doing in here, like helping himself to some of the great info all of you worked tirelessly on and then twisted to his advantage - or dismally tried to? Hmmm....

I am also ashamed to admit I bought the book. I'm currently 82% finished. I highlighted some stuff I wasn't aware of (or forgot) and some other stuff I thought seemed odd.

In the book it states that Simon Birch testified that George Anthony told him that the car had been at Amscot for 3 days. I don't recall ever having heard this.

Jose states that the officers never asked Casey about an accident or anything relating to the pool. I recall this specifically however.

The part of the book about the cadaver dogs got confusing and I need to reread it but it seems to me he says that Gerus and Bones came in one day and alerted in the yard (though I do recall, as the book states, that this was inconsistent). That the same dogs came back the next day and did not alert. However, I never really got the point in his argument against the dogs, since he acknowledged there was a dead body in the backyard.

He also states that the dogs were brought to the Suburban Drive site attempting to find more bones and never made a hit. I don't remember hearing this (but I admit I didn't pay much attentino to that part of the trial).

He states that Casey did not react to Padilla's discovery in Jay Blanchard Park is because she never saw the news report, she was sleeping that afternoon. Just found that noteworthy I guess, because I highlighted it.

I think something I did not know or forgot was that in October, 2008 a woman reported a child screaming in that area and a helicopter flew over and they brought in dogs to search, according to Jose Baez, the area in which Caylee was found (he doesn't get more specific about exactly where), and nothing was found. Anyone remember any details of this??

He delves into the computer evidence on June 16 which I found very interesting. First he tells his typical story, that she awoke to find George yelling "Where's Caylee?" But then he also later notes that Casey felt guilty because she was texting Tony late that night and was on the computer early in the morning (before 7) "Thinking Caylee was safe with George for a little while". This is a total contradiction of his story.

He then discusses computer activity he says the prosecution did not reveal to them, but that they verified with two experts. At 1:50 pm, someone signed into AOL Messenger (which George had and Casey didn't) and directly following that someone searched for "foolproof suffocation" and visited a blog called "Venturing into the pro-suicide pit". Basically, searches for suicide, followed by some gardening websites. Anyone know anything about these searches??

Anyway, I know the more inflamatory statements have been covered, I just wanted to bring up some of the more curious statements in the book. I apologize if they have been covered.

I posted Hal's column in the News Discussion thread where he announces GVS is doing a two part cable interview on Thursday and Friday night.

As I was leaving the page I caught this tweet of Hal's...

tvguyhal Just bought Baez book. The cashier announced she was sick about it all and said Baez shouldn't be making money on it.

How cool is that??

Another excerpt from the book, from radaronline:

“I could smell something rotten," he wrote. "I had been to a morgue before and my first impression was that this smelled like a dead body. I smelled something else, a chemical-like substance. If you took a good strong whiff, it almost hurt your nostrils. 'Oh my God,' I thought. 'I’m going to have to talk to Casey about taking a plea.'"

Baez said he consulted forensic expert Henry Lee, asking him, “Does this car smell like a human body?” and Lee said, “You never know whether it’s decomposing garbage or a decomposing body.”

Casey’s attorney said this was the answer he was looking for.

“I was extremely relieved,” he wrote in the book.

This is so sickening :(

I do not believe Dr. Lee ever said that. I believe what Dr. Lee could have said is, you better have your girl take a plea deal if they offer it. Dr. Lee could not testify and JB knew it. jmo

I am also ashamed to admit I bought the book. I'm currently 82% finished. I highlighted some stuff I wasn't aware of (or forgot) and some other stuff I thought seemed odd.

In the book it states that Simon Birch testified that George Anthony told him that the car had been at Amscot for 3 days. I don't recall ever having heard this.

Jose states that the officers never asked Casey about an accident or anything relating to the pool. I recall this specifically however.

The part of the book about the cadaver dogs got confusing and I need to reread it but it seems to me he says that Gerus and Bones came in one day and alerted in the yard (though I do recall, as the book states, that this was inconsistent). That the same dogs came back the next day and did not alert. However, I never really got the point in his argument against the dogs, since he acknowledged there was a dead body in the backyard.

He also states that the dogs were brought to the Suburban Drive site attempting to find more bones and never made a hit. I don't remember hearing this (but I admit I didn't pay much attentino to that part of the trial).

He states that Casey did not react to Padilla's discovery in Jay Blanchard Park is because she never saw the news report, she was sleeping that afternoon. Just found that noteworthy I guess, because I highlighted it.

I think something I did not know or forgot was that in October, 2008 a woman reported a child screaming in that area and a helicopter flew over and they brought in dogs to search, according to Jose Baez, the area in which Caylee was found (he doesn't get more specific about exactly where), and nothing was found. Anyone remember any details of this??

He delves into the computer evidence on June 16 which I found very interesting. First he tells his typical story, that she awoke to find George yelling "Where's Caylee?" But then he also later notes that Casey felt guilty because she was texting Tony late that night and was on the computer early in the morning (before 7) "Thinking Caylee was safe with George for a little while". This is a total contradiction of his story.

He then discusses computer activity he says the prosecution did not reveal to them, but that they verified with two experts. At 1:50 pm, someone signed into AOL Messenger (which George had and Casey didn't) and directly following that someone searched for "foolproof suffocation" and visited a blog called "Venturing into the pro-suicide pit". Basically, searches for suicide, followed by some gardening websites. Anyone know anything about these searches??

Anyway, I know the more inflamatory statements have been covered, I just wanted to bring up some of the more curious statements in the book. I apologize if they have been covered.

BBM - I think the helicopter and the dog search is carp - but the LE confirmed it was a disabled child out on the school grounds who was screaming.

BBM#2 - Aside from the prosecution er...Not telling them about those searches ...the defense had the ability and the obligation to do the same computer searches that were available to the prosecution. No, there was no information re Baez statements and they were either investigated by the LE and set aside as false or not evidence worthy or his statements are a complete fabrication. Any chance he provided documentation for that information of was it just his "trust me".

So basically Baez is saying the dog searches yielded nothing - not one hit and one inconclusive - and does this mean no one laid Caylee on the ground after she "drowned in the pool" and started CPR on her until the EMT folks got there even though she appeared to be deceased or...oh silly me - FCA didn't call the EMT at all.

She had to hurry up and get ready for her date with TonyL.

Yes yes. Thank you so much. I hate postung from my phone. I type backwards more than forward

¡ɐǝS uIʎL ǝɥʇ ǝʇɐƃıʌɐu ɹǝɥ dlǝɥ oʇ noʎ sɐɥ ɹǝʇɥƃnɐp noʎ pɐlƃ ɯɐ ǝɹns I -- Mʇq ˙llǝʍ ƃuıʇsod ǝuoɥd pɐǝɹ I

:couch:

hint: Turn you monitor upside down!

Thank you for reminding me of that - I'd forgotten about it. Yes, I was one of those folks who spent 15 hours a day online for months - through the Frye hearings and the other hearings and then the trial. Less than five hours a night sleep - it was worth it at the time but not sure I will ever do that again. Didn't have the energy or emotional strength left at the time of the verdict to cope well with it at all...
Terrible.

I got less, only because I had to get up very early every morning because of the 3 hour time difference.

I know, this other trial, JS? We had it on for less than 5 minutes the first day? of testimony from one of the victims and I asked DH to please shut it off. I can't do it again either.

I need to rest and I'm way behind in baking goodies.

Please, if I don't come in tomorrow, everyone have a lovely and safe 4th of July

:party:

:fireworks:
:happy4th: :fireworks2:

I have NOT forgotten my little LA Bartender

Yoo Hoo, Bayouland, Where art thou?

Could use that dancing chicken right about now :)

ahh choo!

Oh and you and JB and KC wouldn't be lifting content from one of her favorite show would you mr. golenbock??????? Seems the sneeze line has been done before. (Warning content might be offensive to some)
http://www.southpark.nl/clips/sp_vid_154965/

Thank you!!!! I KNEW I had heard that sick description before! My husband watches that show regularly. :) I like it when it gets satirical but not when it's just gross lol.

BBM - I think the helicopter and the dog search is carp - but the LE confirmed it was a disabled child out on the school grounds who was screaming.

BBM#2 - Aside from the prosecution er...Not telling them about those searches ...the defense had the ability and the obligation to do the same computer searches that were available to the prosecution. No, there was no information re Baez statements and they were either investigated by the LE and set aside as false or not evidence worthy or his statements are a complete fabrication. Any chance he provided documentation for that information of was it just his "trust me".

So basically Baez is saying the dog searches yielded nothing - not one hit and one inconclusive - and does this mean no one laid Caylee on the ground after she "drowned in the pool" and started CPR on her until the EMT folks got there even though she appeared to be deceased or...oh silly me - FCA didn't call the EMT at all.

Here's a good one! DH has been seeing me struggle with remembering parts of this book, trying to remember things because I've told him I should have bought it but can't do it. it's in my craw. He just now stated he is going out first thing tomorrow ask for a senior discount and bring it home, he is going to read it then take it back for a refund. Should I bury his remotes or should I allow this?

Yup and he was upset.. .... its really easy to see that the reviews with 5 stars for the most part are new accounts.. .. some of the 1 star ones are also to be fair.. but alot arnt.....

one person named wendy that did a review that gave 5 stars.. had reviewed 2 other books..... another one by peter golenbock.. she gave that one 5 stars also.. and one on the same subject as the other one she reviewd by golenbock.. by some other author that she gave 2.5 stars.. and said in the review that it wasnt as good as golenbocks...... rof..
i found it funny

In one of the discussions on amazon someone said Wendy was Golenbocks wife or girlfriend. Can't remember which.

ahh choo!

Oh and you and JB and KC wouldn't be lifting content from one of her favorite show would you mr. golenbock??????? Seems the sneeze line has been done before. (Warning content might be offensive to some)

WARNING - content is not family safe viewing - please remove all children before seeing this connection. If easily offended - just scroll past, I won't be offended!

Okay, so funny this 'tale' sure seems like Southpark humor - this clip has the 'bald thing' on a mouse back. Tisk, tisk - I hope they lifted enough from Southpark for Southpark to sue them.

[ame="http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/165720/eek"]Eek! (Season 12, Episode 5) - Video Clips - South Park Studios[/ame] (preview clip)
[FONT=arial narrow,sans-serif]
Season 12, episode 5. April 2008.

Full episode:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s12e05-eek-a-penis[/FONT]

Yeah, sure could be coincidence, but given the history here of South Park season 2.....
In South Park's second season, there famously appeared "The Chewbacca Defense."

The South Park episode had a spoof of a Johnny Cochran-like lawyer using a totally whack and unrelated "defense" to win a song-copyright-infringement case by confusing the jury with utter b.s. nonsense, complete with a flipchart displaying a picture of Chewbacca, the wookie from Star Wars.

"The Chewbacca Defense"
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/103454/the-chewbacca-defense

It became a buzzword.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chewbacca+defense

Naturally, some commenters out there in Internet-land over the past 4 years, especially during the trial, have made a connection with that episode and Baez.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=59385.195;wap2

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110707101552AAvrKXU

https://twitter.com/LulzToday/status/87647171402403840

Spoof of Baez using 'the Chewbacca defense'
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VJT9M6C3rQ"]Casey Anthony Chewbacca Defense - YouTube[/ame]

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec: Like client like attorney? :waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Here's a good one! DH has been seeing me struggle with remembering parts of this book, trying to remember things because I've told him I should have bought it but can't do it. it's in my craw. He just now stated he is going out first thing tomorrow ask for a senior discount and bring it home, he is going to read it then take it back for a refund. Should I bury his remotes or should I allow this?

Who lets you read a book then return it for a refund?
Please ask DH to keep his money - giving to Baez is rewarding him for his lies and is allowing him to betray Caylee again... IMO

BBM. I'm far from the expert on all the docs, but something did stand out to me back when about the time GA said fca left with Caylee and then the computer went active with-in a couple of minutes after that, can't for the life of myself remember what the computer search was about, no AOL stuff tho'. I do not recollect anything about suicide searches just the, you know-attempt.

ps. Yes. SB I think said GA told him he called Amscot or he knew the car was at Amscot for three days and then was questioned by JB I think and GA said he called Amscot when he got to work. I think his testimony came before SB. Don't get mad, but imo, I thought that was questionable on GA's part.

:bedtime:

:tears:

:grouphug:

Please ask DH to keep his money - giving to Baez is rewarding him for his lies and is allowing him to betray Caylee again... IMO

Plus he could read here free.

Relating to the computer searches he states he was given reports about the usage that day, which listed times with no activity (being 1-7am, for the 9 o'clock and noon hour, and between 3 and 11) but that the report does not state what the activity was during the times there was no activity. He doesn't include reports or anything in the book (lol) but he gives the names of the experts he had conduct the same analysis. I was just curious if the information about the searches had come out at any point pretrial or during the trial.

As far as the dog evidence, he acknowledges an inconclusive hit (which I thought is what it was all along) but that the dogs came back the next day and did not hit. I think his purpose in this is to show that the dogs are simply unreliable, not that the body wasn't there. But he spends a ton of time on it and talks in circles and it confuses me. He must've written this part himself, lol

I do think I should add that I read the statement "he was not a chemist" at least 3 times, probably more, lol.

I also want to add that I am not buying everything (or most of it) he says but I can only assume that there are real actual facts (well, potentially real) that both sides did not bring out at trial. We got access to most of the prosecution's facts thanks to the sunshine laws, I am simply reading to book to see if there's anything of interest to me.

DH thinks he can get away with doing that because he's a feisty senior-lol. I have no clue, I never had to return one. Knowing him, he'd say he was looking for the other Presumed Guilty books.:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member