Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He made this revelation to boost book sales. How ironic this would be if it lead to a civil case against her. She probably left a slew of curses on his voice mail. I hope she stays under the rock she crawled under.

They cant go after her twice in a crimal manner. They can file on a federal level a wrongful death suit. This time around she would have to sit at the round table and answer questions. I hope this route is taken. Does anyone know whos responsibility it who be to file this kind of suit? Maybe they need a nudge in the form of emails if we knew who to send them to.

What gets me is if someone is wrongly convicted, then new evidence comes to light, they get out of jail free. When new evidence comes to light that would convict someone who walked, what happens? :furious:

I honestly think the mistake was made to try and choose a jury who didn't know about this case. In the world today with news 24/7 and social media you'd have to be living under a rock in a cave to not have known about this case - and what kind of person doesn't form an opinion when they read information???

There's a huge difference between saying, "I have no idea who Casey/Caylee Anthony are" and saying "I've heard of the case, but I don't really know anything about it". I don't agree that everyone forms an opinion as soon as they hear about a case; at least not a strong one. There are many cases on WS where I know who the prime suspect is but I don't feel strongly towards their guilt or innocence. I've also heard of many cases through WS but except for a few, I could only tell you like one sentence or two about it.

My prayer for today is - please God - let Baez's smugness get squashed like a bug tonight.....

The hard part for me watching ths report is having to see his face again and listening to the rubbish that comes out of his mouth.

WESH.com is sounding a bit crabby about Tony's "scoop" - here's an article and clip they are finally featuring...

http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anth...ase/-/13479888/17496066/-/1imgkv/-/index.html

And they refer to AZLawyer and JWG's incredible work as "a blogger" :banghead:

Want to include these <snips> from the above WESH link -

WESH 2 News legal analyst Richard Hornsby said the state would have had a better chance to convict Anthony had the evidence been discovered sooner. "The words to describe there was a search that implicates Casey Anthony but no one found it stuns me -- best way to describe it," Hornsby said.

umm...maybe they should be forthcoming and also describe their legal analyst as a "blogger" since he has posted here himself on many, many occasions.

I mean I am getting really, really tired of the "blogger" description as if it is something less than admirable and cast some sort of doubt on the quality of the info uncovered.

------------

Burdick said she never asked investigators to search for the term "suffocation" specifically before or during the trial but that, "I asked for a full history of June 16, 2008, before trial. I have those emails."

uh..yeah, she sounds pretty clear here that she thought it had been done thoroughly. I imagine she is not too happy to discover this.

They cant go after her twice in a crimal manner. They can file on a federal level a wrongful death suit. This time around she would have to sit at the round table and answer questions. I hope this route is taken. Does anyone know whos responsibility it who be to file this kind of suit? Maybe they need a nudge in the form of emails if we knew who to send them to.

I believe the only people who could file such a suit would be George, Cindy and perhaps Lee? Never happen :moo: Oh and Caylees Father. So again. Will never happen MOO

Respectfully SBM

I don't believe for a single second that Casey Anthony was searching the internet for ways to commit suicide.

I agree. She is a narcissist with a capital N. Narcissists, when backed into a corner like Casey was, only hurt other people, never themselves.

Just watched the DVR recording of the news.

I'm now extra bummed I wasn't a WS'er during this case! What an amazing group of people here! Question: did the WS'ers who found this info have it before, during, or after trial?

I wanted to make sure to drop a HUGE thank you to the WS'ers who cared so much to find and have this info revealed! When the truth is the highest priority in any case, it makes my heart smile! :great:

This gives me inspiration and determination that I *can* help... even if only from my desk.

There's a huge difference between saying, "I have no idea who Casey/Caylee Anthony are" and saying "I've heard of the case, but I don't really know anything about it". I don't agree that everyone forms an opinion as soon as they hear about a case; at least not a strong one. There are many cases on WS where I know who the prime suspect is but I don't feel strongly towards their guilt or innocence. I've also heard of many cases through WS but except for a few, I could only tell you like one sentence or two about it.

I'm not suggesting an opinion is a conclusion - especially in todays news where opinions/news is directly slanted to which media outlet you are reading. That would be a dangerous thing. So yes, I agree with what you are saying. I just said it more strongly because i do think we could have have some thinkers on the jury rather than what we got.

What gets me is if someone is wrongly convicted, then new evidence comes to light, they get out of jail free. When new evidence comes to light that would convict someone who walked, what happens? :furious:

I agree. If someone on the board is familar with law the question i have is can she go to jail if she is found guilty of wrongful death? She belongs in a cell with Dianne Downs.

He made this revelation to boost book sales. How ironic this would be if it lead to a civil case against her. She probably left a slew of curses on his voice mail. I hope she stays under the rock she crawled under.

When he said, "It's in my book.." I puked in my mouth... :puke:

Interesting that slip Jose made in court...when he couldn't remember if the drowning happened in the morning or the afternoon. I had thought that Casey killed Caylee earlier (we even discussed the night before), but it appears that it happened in the afternoon. The window of this happening is narrowing. I wish I could feel "yea!" the truth has been affirmed...but just feel sad. Will Caylee ever get the justice she deserves?

After the trial ended he gave an interview(forgot which one now) and he said the afternoon, my skeptical side was all ears because during trial he said the morning.

If I am not mistaken, our justice system requires the prosecution to hand over all that they have to the defense, but the defense does not have to hand over everything they have to the prosecution. So, from a legal standpoint JB may not have done wrong in not bringing this evidence to their attention.

However...if JB knew of this evidence at trial it says he knows for a fact that Casey did the crime. JB defended the murdering mom in court, I have no problem with that. That was his job. He's a defense attorney and that's what defense attorneys do. What I do have a problem with is his attitude toward Casey since she got away with murdering her baby. And that goes for the attitudes of all the rest of the defense team...they should have, IMO, done their jobs in court and then walked away. No picking her up at the jail when she was released, no hiding her away and selling stories about her to the rag mags, no celebrating that a murderer will be set free on society. And no "tell all" book that is nothing but lies--claiming she is innocent when he has always known she is guilty. That is what I cannot stomach. Not his defending her in court, which is what he was hired to do. But his defending her after the fact. JB and Mason should have walked away from her and never looked back.

None of this "new" computer evidence would have mattered had it come out at trial. The majority of citizens know Casey is and will always be guilty, regardless of the verdict. But Casey got a jury of her peers--people who could not understand anything scientific or technological in nature. Had the stained trunk liner been put in evidence, intact, it might have had some impact even on that jury. But computer evidence...MO is the jurors did not have the brain cells necessary to understand any of it, and they didn't want to take the time out of their own lives to even try.

I am sick all over again. This "oversight" on the part of the state is going to be touted as what cost Caylee her much-deserved justice. But it didn't. Not at all. JMO.
How right your are!
And the "story" JB told to the jury about CA being asleep and GA waking her up to ask where was the baby? That turns my stomach even now.:banghead:

What ever happened to the "shaking in his boots" we heard about yesterday?

I saw no Shaking in his books or a visibly shaken Baez ....
I saw someone who had important evidenct that kept it secret and was probably jumping for joy when the Prosecution rested its case and never presented it...
I bet some of their celebrations involved mocking LE and the Prosecutors for not knowing about those searches.
:twocents:

Want to include these <snips> from the above WESH link -

WESH 2 News legal analyst Richard Hornsby said the state would have had a better chance to convict Anthony had the evidence been discovered sooner. "The words to describe there was a search that implicates Casey Anthony but no one found it stuns me -- best way to describe it," Hornsby said.

umm...maybe they should be forthcoming and also describe their legal analyst as a "blogger" since he has posted here himself on many, many occasions.

I mean I am getting really, really tired of the "blogger" description as if it is something less than admirable and cast some sort of doubt on the quality of the info uncovered.

------------

Burdick said she never asked investigators to search for the term "suffocation" specifically before or during the trial but that, "I asked for a full history of June 16, 2008, before trial. I have those emails."

uh..yeah, she sounds pretty clear here that she thought it had been done thoroughly. I imagine she is not too happy to discover this.

They say "blogger" as if it is a certain type of person...but in reality it is just something that most people do in their daily lives. Isnt facebook tecnically considered a blog? It isnt some small subculture..if that makes sense..:waitasec:

You may have read it by now, but late last night I read on Hal's blog that Jose has now admitted he was wrong about Casey not having an AIM account and claims it's been fixed in later issues of the book. I have no way of knowing if that is true or not. I can't believe another printing was even needed with his paltry sales.

Of course! JB's way of saying, "just buy my "new and improved" book, He makes me sick!

I'd love to know what RHornsby thinks about this most recent development. Hopefully we'll hear from him soon. :yes:

Got my answer! :kimsterwink:

Richard Hornsby said the state would have had a better chance to convict Anthony had the evidence been discovered sooner.

"The words to describe there was a search that implicates Casey Anthony but no one found it stuns me -- best way to describe it," Hornsby said.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anth.../17496066/-/1imgkv/-/index.html#ixzz2CsXfIwus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hunter2_1