Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.today.com/news/casey-anthony-judge-felt-shock-disbelief-not-guilty-verdict-6C9791042

Casey Anthony judge felt 'shock, disbelief' at not-guilty verdict

Judge Belvin Perry, who presided over the case, said the Florida mother was "very manipulative."

"There were two sides to Casey Anthony," he told Savannah Guthrie on TODAY Monday in an exclusive interview. "There was the side that was before the jury, where she portrayed the role of a mother who had lost a child, someone who was wrongfully accused, and then you could notice the change and transformation in her when the jury went out.

"She was very commanding, she took charge of different things, and you could see her sometimes scolding her attorneys."

I do remember him saying that he could not comment about the case due to appeals. Now that appeals are done, I'm glad he came out in support of Caylee. Logicalgirl, you were right!

Yeah, but being compared to a used car salesman is sort of a backhanded complement, no? JB shouldn't be too proud of the comparison.

This is what Judge Perry said

"The state had better lawyers, but Mr. Baez was very personable,'' Perry said. "He came across as someone that you would like.
It’s like someone trying to sell a used car. Who are you going to buy it from? The most likable salesperson."

http://www.today.com/news/casey-anthony-judge-felt-shock-disbelief-not-guilty-verdict-6C9791042

Judge Belvin Perry says Casey Anthony had two faces

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-judge-belvin-perry-20130506,0,6011812.story

Anthony had two sides to her: the grieving mother and the manipulative defendant.

"Justice has been served in the sense that the jury has spoken but justice will finally be served one day by the Judge of judges," Perry said during the morning show. "And she's going to live, deal with this for the rest of her life."

Thank you Judge Perry for speaking the truth! It's like a healing balm to our broken hearts. And we weren't wrong about him checking the verdict forms twice in disbelief. ;)

Wonder what the jurors will think now? "Oh we know better than the Judge.."

thank you all for the updates.

At least JB was not described as a good lawyer - no offense to used car salesmen, but that reference cracked me up - its perfect.

I love the way CM is soooo indignant that anyone daarreee question the verdict yet weeks before the verdict he ran into the CMA that must have been hell on wheels to raise when he tried to get her to take a plea. It just kills me that her stubbornness actually paid off. Again.

Yeah, but being compared to a used car salesman is sort of a backhanded complement, no? JB shouldn't be too proud of the comparison.

I got a particularly good laugh from that one - very clever barb from "the Judge".

Guess there are two set of fisties today - CA and JB! Loved the comparision of JB to a car salesman. Usually car salesmen are not held in high esteem.

Wonder how the juror's feel about being suckered by a car salesman.

JMO

I love the way CM is soooo indignant that anyone daarreee question the verdict yet weeks before the verdict he ran into the CMA that must have been hell on wheels to raise when he tried to get her to take a plea. It just kills me that her stubbornness actually paid off. Again.

She was probably ripping her lawyers a new on in that holding cell that morning.
IMO it's most likely how she treated her parents at home as well...yelling, swearing..the neighbours heard/saw that as well.

There was no way on this earth that she would ever ever admit to any wrong doing,...it's always someones else's fault with her.

IMO she reluctantly accepted her lawyers advice to plead guilty at the check fraud trial because of the evidence against her...paper trail, videos..

Guess there are two set of fisties today - CA and JB! Loved the comparision of JB to a car salesman. Usually car salesmen are not held in high esteem.

Wonder how the juror's feel about being suckered by a car salesman.

JMO

BMM
And his 2 faced, manipulative, lying, thieving Defendant.

Judge Perry is right...2 faced..
We saw it..It was like Night and Day
When the Jury was seated we saw this weak, sad, small grieving woman but when the Jury was not in the courtroom she did away with that persona.

Oh my how I love Judge P. :blushing:

I really really really wish we could get the Juror's reactions if they watched this interview.

She was probably ripping her lawyers a new on in that holding cell that morning.
IMO it's most likely how she treated her parents at home as well...yelling, swearing..the neighbours heard/saw that as well.

There was no way on this earth that she would ever ever admit to any wrong doing,...it's always someones else's fault with her.

IMO she reluctantly accepted her lawyers advice to plead guilty at the check fraud trial because of the evidence against her...paper trail, videos..
Thank you for this - your post just triggered a very interesting thought. Have to wonder if, when Miss KC didn't or wasn't getting her way, if she didn't pull the "I'll tell" card - meaning the horrible attack JB made against George in opening statements. Get where I'm going here? Wonder if that wasn't a HUGE ace up her sleeve, that she had played before and it worked quite well.

Just a thought......toward KC's manipulative ways........

JMHO

Thank you for this - your post just triggered a very interesting thought. Have to wonder if, when Miss KC didn't or wasn't getting her way, if she didn't pull the "I'll tell" card - meaning the horrible attack JB made against George in opening statements. Get where I'm going here? Wonder if that wasn't a HUGE ace up her sleeve, that she had played before and it worked quite well.

Just a thought......toward KC's manipulative ways........

JMHO

Yes, I agree she is still using that stick to get money out of JB because JB admitted in one of his many interviews that he didn't say the abuse actually happened - he said it "could have happened".

But I don't see her using that ace right then - because if she took the stand and said he made it up - she had no other out to her acquittal. I just don't think lawyers are used to dealing with defendants who act like two year olds in the middle of a temper tantrum at trial.

I also think HHJP is making a pre-emptive move here by appearing on a popular media show right now at this time in "FCA"s re-invention of her public image".

He is certainly aware of her bankruptcy and the battle the trustee is having to secure her "rights" regarding the period of time when she killed Caylee and her trial and acquittal.

And he probably is aware of Amanda's interview and book release. I feel like he is saying to FCA - "here you go Missie - put my comments in your sock and smoke it. You are going to get questioned about what I have to say over and over again - so good luck with the whitewash attempt." "My street cred checkmates your street cred."

And I also think HHJP's comments strip away any pretense the jurors might have that they "did the right thing".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member