Sidney & Tammy Moorer, Indicted on conspiracy to kidnap Heather Elvis, 25 Apr 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Notice the "Motion for Status Conference" which is below the two indictments. That maybe trigered all this.

That motion has date at very bottom of 4/24/2018.

The two indictments have dates of 4/25/2018

I dont know much about legal proceedings but if you ask me
it looks like SM filed a motion for a status hearing on 4/24 to ask about his kidnapping case because he was tired of it being left in limbo after the last mistrial of the kidnapping trial ended in hung jury around June 20, 2016. So he is requesting a status hearing for the "several unresolved issues" mentioned.

I think then what happened is the court realized yeah they were just leaving him hanging so lets quickly call a Grand Jury to see if we can charge them with something that will stick. Thus resulting in the very next day where the new Conspiracy to Kidnap charges come down on both of them.

If I have this right then I am afraid the Kidnapping charges will be dismissed and they will just proceed with these new Conspiracy to Kidnap charges.

Does anyone agree with this or have a different opinion?

I thought Truslow had asked to be relieved as Sidney's attorney after the obstruction of justice trial. Or Sidney had fired him. I can't remember which. But Truslow signed the motion for the status hearing.

New evidence or someone is talking? :thinking:

Guess we won't know until court time.

"Defense Attorney Stuart Axelrod, who has no connection to the Moorer cases, questioned why prosecutors filed the new charge now. "If you had the conspiracy charge before, you know, why didn't you do it?" Axelrod said on the phone Monday.

Solictor Jimmy Richardson cannot comment on the indictments due to a gag order.

"You would have either had to have new evidence, or somebody's rolling on somebody," Axelrod said. "Something happened for him to do this; he just can't do this out of the blue," Axelrod said, referring to Richardson.

We likely won't know what's behind the charge until there's a court hearing or trial.

When asked what the prosecution is gonna need to prove the charge, Axelrod replied, "They might be doing this to squeeze her (Tammy) to try to rat out her husband. Because that's the only way you're gonna get a conspiracy conviction is if the co-conspirator comes forward.""

I thought Truslow had asked to be relieved as Sidney's attorney after the obstruction of justice trial. Or Sidney had fired him. I can't remember which. But Truslow signed the motion for the status hearing.

I thought so too. And Tammy's lawyer is Greg McCollum so he didn't file that motion on her behalf, Truslow filed it for Sidney.

James Galmore, the other signature, is a public defender.

__

Sidney Moorer's attorney Kirk Truslow filed a motion in the case asking for the court to set a status hearing. Those hearings often provide an update on cases as they move through the legal system.

There are a few issues that need to be resolved including who will be Sidney Moorer's attorney, according to papers filed by Truslow. Truslow represented Moorer until late last year, when he asked off the case.

The request for a status hearing also notes that it needs to be determined whether there will be a new trial.

No date has been set for the status conference.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/article210142949.html

Notice the "Motion for Status Conference" which is below the two indictments. That maybe trigered all this.

and conveniently came about right after the latest prison riots/deaths ... Sid sure doesn't want to be in there!!!!

I'm wondering would he has requested the motion for status conference if there hadn't been any "drama" in the prison?

I'm ready for Tammy's new mug shot. And for her to get to trial! It's been a long time. She needs to face the jury.
This just got me FIRED UP, For Real!!!
(Eta: Remember Bestill's "Minnie Mouse In Jail" avatar?)

I thought so too. And Tammy's lawyer is Greg McCollum so he didn't file that motion on her behalf, Truslow filed it for Sidney.

James Galmore, the other signature, is a public defender.

__

Sidney Moorer's attorney Kirk Truslow filed a motion in the case asking for the court to set a status hearing. Those hearings often provide an update on cases as they move through the legal system.

There are a few issues that need to be resolved including who will be Sidney Moorer's attorney, according to papers filed by Truslow. Truslow represented Moorer until late last year, when he asked off the case.

The request for a status hearing also notes that it needs to be determined whether there will be a new trial.

No date has been set for the status conference.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/article210142949.html
(O/T, Omgooosh! I just noticed you're a mod now! Congratulations JerseyGirl! )

JMO but maybe Sidney feels like he has been thrown under the bus and is carrying the load for the two of them and is tired of it. He was probably following Tammy's orders. I think he is talking. :underbus:

:happydance:

and conveniently came about right after the latest prison riots/deaths ... Sid sure doesn't want to be in there!!!!

I'm wondering would he has requested the motion for status conference if there hadn't been any "drama" in the prison?

This is a really good point. I bet you are right that the prison riot made him want to get things moving along.

Lets hope one of them is ready to tell the truth finally.

I dont know much about legal proceedings but if you ask me
it looks like SM filed a motion for a status hearing on 4/24 to ask about his kidnapping case because he was tired of it being left in limbo after the last mistrial of the kidnapping trial ended in hung jury around June 20, 2016. So he is requesting a status hearing for the "several unresolved issues" mentioned.

I think then what happened is the court realized yeah they were just leaving him hanging so lets quickly call a Grand Jury to see if we can charge them with something that will stick. Thus resulting in the very next day where the new Conspiracy to Kidnap charges come down on both of them.

If I have this right then I am afraid the Kidnapping charges will be dismissed and they will just proceed with these new Conspiracy to Kidnap charges.

Does anyone agree with this or have a different opinion?

(Where's gitana when we need her?! :smile:

Seriously, all this legal stuff is waaayyy over my head.)

This is a really good point. I bet you are right that the prison riot made him want to get things moving along.

Lets hope one of them is ready to tell the truth finally.

I had to google the riots, as I must be living in a cave:

"Now, the state's prison system is under scrutiny after seven inmates were stabbed and slashed to death April 15 in the nation’s deadliest prison riot in a quarter-century."

Snip

"The riot at Lee Correctional Institution, a 1,785-bed prison in rural South Carolina, is part of an uptick in violence in prisons nationwide that has killed and injured inmates and guards alike*and cost taxpayers millions of dollars in settlements."

Bloodied bodies stacked in a prison yard: What happens when states slash prison spending
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...rising-states-slash-budgets-guards/545299002/

"Inmates complained in lawsuits that South Carolina’s prisons are home to “uncontrolled violence,” where there are far too few guards, cells are left unlocked and gangs “run free and commit whatever crimes they want within the institution without fear of punishment,” according to some of the 160-plus lawsuits filed against the state Department of Corrections since 2015."
*much more at link

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...rising-states-slash-budgets-guards/545299002/

Hmmmm...maybe you guys are onto something...perhaps he has some things he would like in prison (move to a better cell/unit, etc) in exchange for his testimony. Whatever the case, this is all huge and I am thrilled (as we all are...funny, even Mark Redwine had supporters...)

Eta / link re: riots for reference:

South Carolina prison riot leaves seven inmates dead
16 April 2018
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43786325

Eta: In which correctional facility is SM?

This was my first thought when I heard the news, Sid is talking .. but would he really go against Tammy like that? I sure hope there is some strong evidence that has come to light!!!

ETA: Or maybe the Mrs. is ratting him out??

JMO and pure speculation

Wonder if he begins to panic after the riot and has decided to talk. The discussions with prosecutors ends up in a plea deal for reduced charges of just Conspiracy to Kidnap with him agreeing to testify against her at trial. Thus the new charges.

If something like this happened then we should at some point see the original kidnapping charges be dropped. Or maybe they will change the kidnapping charges to just her. Hmmmm Lots of possibilities with this latest news.

JMO and pure speculation

Wonder if he begins to panic after the riot and has decided to talk. The discussions with prosecutors ends up in a plea deal for reduced charges of just Conspiracy to Kidnap with him agreeing to testify against her at trial. Thus the new charges.

If something like this happened then we should at some point see the original kidnapping charges be dropped.

This is all so exciting!

:happydance:

So the main question...

Where is Heather? And will SM (IF he is the one singing) reveal what on earth they did with her? Could he have already revealed this?? Perhaps she is not (easily) recoverable, like maybe in the ocean...Just thinking out loud...

Could there also be stuff going on behind the scenes as related to her recovery?

So the main question...

Where is Heather? And will SM (IF he is the one singing) reveal what on earth they did with her? Could he have already?? Perhaps she is not (easily) recoverable? Maybe in the ocean...Just thinking out loud...

Could there be stuff going on behind the scenes as related to her recovery?

Re BBM
That would really be nice if that happened. Nobody likes making deals with the devil but sometimes it is the only way to get answers.

I sure hope one of them is beginning to talk. Its been way too long.

Heather's family must be thrilled. They have reaaalllly been through the ringer, to put it mildly. I am happy for them, that at least there appears to be some movement. I know some of you guys (Heather's family) are/were here MOO so please know that we have been here since day 1 and we are STILL here and will continue to be with BELLS ON.

:grouphug:

Eta: *I wish we could throw Tammy in Lee Correctional Facility for a day lol.

Eta: Just remembering how TM went on FB and called Heather a "w****" right after she went missing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member