Sidney & Tammy Moorer, Indicted on conspiracy to kidnap Heather Elvis, 25 Apr 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Gardenista for sharing this news with all of us who have been here hoping Heather and her family get justice. Its time "the Mrs"
Be locked up too. Wish it was for murder-- the both of them. I am anxious to hear anything we haven't known because of the gag order.

They have already been arrested and released on the charge, hasn't she? so as long as she shows up when she's expected to, no warrant will go out. I'm sure she has a lawyer dealing with it. Her mommy will pay. They wouldn't have released it to the press if they still had to find her and arrest her. I don't think she truly is in Florida, i think that is all BS. Unless someone still knows the camper is at the trailer park it was at. She has no way to pay her bills... except mom.

Judge allows Tammy Moorer to live and work in Florida

As a result of information gained through additional investigation, at the April 2018 term of the Horry County Grand Jury, the State obtained an additional indictment against each defendant for Conspiracy to Kidnap.

and

The defendants are currently both charged with the same crimes arising out of the same facts and circumstances. The State will present the same evidence against both defendants including the fact the defendants were conspiring to commit the crime.

Me thinks the State will have a much stronger case with a joint trial.

Latest article. Basically the same as before....

Solicitor's Office asks the state's highest court to allow a joint trial for Sidney, Tammy Moorer in October

The 15th Circuit Solicitor’s Office has asked the SC Supreme Court to consolidate the cases under a single judge. If they won’t approve that, then the solicitor’s office has asked that Sidney Moorer’s cases be sent back to the Fifteenth Circuit Chief Administrative Judge for General Sessions, so it can be treated like any other case in Horry County. Right now, Judge Markley Dennis still holds jurisdiction over Sidney’s case, “creating a clear discrepancy in the status of the two cases even though the charges and evidence are similar,” according to court documents.

In that same article;
The State noted in their motion, filed July 19, 2018, Judge Dennis has not responded to either party on the issue of joining the Moorers cases under one trial.

The above makes it sound like the State had to file a motion with the Supreme Court because Dennis would not respond? Is that true? If so, why?

Judge rejects Tammy Moorer’s effort to dismiss, move Heather Elvis kidnapping trial

A judge rejected an effort by Tammy Moorer to dismiss her kidnapping case or move the trial’s location as she missed deadlines to file the requests.

Judge Benjamin Culbertson filed an order this week rejecting the potential requests related to Moorer’s October trial.
[.....]
.... the motions included changing the trial’s location, preventing testimony about headlights, allowing testimony related to an unavailable alibi witness and to lift a gag order.

Judge Steven John previously placed a gag order on the case, which prevents attorneys and those involved from talking about it publicly.

Tammy Moorer also planned an attempt to dismiss the case based on alleged violations of attorney-client privilege and violating Moorer’s speedy trial rights. Culbertson also shut down those efforts.

In Culbertson’s ruling, he did note that his decision does not apply to issues that may occur during trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth