Sievers Sidebar #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Question....if MS and JRR are tried together as it appears, then convicted, would that not give defense attorneys a lot of ground for new trials because the lawyers would say “so much was unfair” to their clients during the trial.

Why not try them separately to begin with other then expense which might cost the state more later!?

Thanks

Question....if MS and JRR are tried together as it appears, then convicted, would that not give defense attorneys a lot of ground for new trials because the lawyers would say “so much was unfair” to their clients during the trial.

Why not try them separately to begin with other then expense which might cost the state more later!?

Thanks

That's a good question. I'm not sure about Florida Criminal Statute but I believe it has to do with the 5th and 6th Amendment (i.e., right to remain silent - not forced to testify; and guarantee to be able to confront your accuser). Since one of the co-defendants CWW confessed and/or implicated MS and JRR, I believe as long as these two are tried together and do not take the stand, then the evidence at trial from CWW can be limited. In other words, I believe it's suppose to make for a stronger defense since they're accused of committing a joint venture crime (equally liable for the murder).

Last edited:
New judge in the custody case and the public can not view the docs....
07/13/2018 Order of Recusal 1
07/19/2018 Order of Reassignment

and then I found this gem in regards to the defense requesting info between the interaction with CWW and the ex cop who was accused by CWW for intent to harm..l....the Sheriff wrote the response well....

Attachments

• Jail.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
Mark: German/English dictionary( we all knew why he had this item so he could correspond in private with his daughters through letters) $5000 from his family to buy things (spoiler alert "monster honey buns were his fav...lol) and there is more good details... CWW and JR have had an interesting life inside as well. JR asked for a sexual favor in exchange for a honey bun according to another inmate..... "Some of the more serious issues included accusations from another inmate that Rodgers asked him for sexual favors in exchange for a honey bun, the discovery of inappropriate pictures in his cell, a fight between Rodgers and another inmate, and discovery of "disturbing" drawings in Rodgers' outgoing mail."

It is time for the 3 stooges to go to prison and honey buns will be their least concerns!

From Harry Potter books to the Bible to combs: Behind bars with Teresa Sievers' homicide suspects

Mark: German/English dictionary( we all knew why he had this item so he could correspond in private with his daughters through letters) $5000 from his family to buy things (spoiler alert "monster honey buns were his fav...lol) and there is more good details... CWW and JR have had an interesting life inside as well. JR asked for a sexual favor in exchange for a honey bun according to another inmate..... "Some of the more serious issues included accusations from another inmate that Rodgers asked him for sexual favors in exchange for a honey bun, the discovery of inappropriate pictures in his cell, a fight between Rodgers and another inmate, and discovery of "disturbing" drawings in Rodgers' outgoing mail."

It is time for the 3 stooges to go to prison and honey buns will be their least concerns!

From Harry Potter books to the Bible to combs: Behind bars with Teresa Sievers' homicide suspects
OREGONMAMA....You are the best! I have been awaiting news on how things have been going for
the Tres Amigos. (catch more info coming??) The article linked was really strange on so many levels. 1) The author of the article thought it was odd that
a nearly bald Sievers would order a comb. I have no problem with that as I assumed he was using it to groom his mustache and beard.
2) Who ever thought "honey buns" both regular and extra large would be such a hot commodity??.... and wait for it......don't laugh too loudly...buuuuut,
3) "Rodgers has ordered included 145 stamped envelopes, 86 pens, 23 yellow letter pads, 31 two-pill packs of ibuprofen, tennis shoes, and a package of tampons. " (whiskey tango foxtrot...I did not make this up... OH geez.)

Last edited:
OREGONMAMA....You are the best! I have been awaiting news on how things have been going for
the Tres Amigos. (catch more info coming??) The article linked was really strange on so many levels. 1) The author of the article thought it was odd that
a nearly bald Sievers would order a comb. I have no problem with that as I assumed he was using it to groom his mustache and beard.
2) Who ever thought "honey buns" both regular and extra large would be such a hot commodity??.... and wait for it......don't laugh too loudly...buuuuut,
3) "Rodgers has ordered included 145 stamped envelopes, 86 pens, 23 yellow letter pads, 31 two-pill packs of ibuprofen, tennis shoes, and a package of tampons. " (whiskey tango foxtrot...I did not make this up... OH geez.)

I had to read the sentence again when I found the news article. who knew a feminine product would be so valuable to a male inmate...lol

I am not, by choice, a fast reader....especially here. Spending the "quiet time" reading old articles and the last line of this one, has me asking why no
one jumped on the last sentence? Did MS write a confession and leave it in a file by mistake or is the judge being sarcastic???

“This is a unique situation because most doctors don’t keep medical records of their clients in their house,” Kyle said.
The judge decided there could be relevant information in the files, including a confession."
http://www.winknews.com/2018/06/28/three-years-later-sievers-murder-trial-gets-closer-to-trial/

Another late night unusual observation from an article February 27, 2016: (last 1/3rd of article)

"Brian Edwards told us to expect Sievers' attorney to say Wright made up this story to save himself.
He said now with time served and good behavior, its likely Wright could be out in 20 years."
Sheriff Scott: 'We were after Mark Sievers, we got our man'

I didn't realize CWW could get time off for good behavior? And he has already been incarcerated for over 3 years.... Doing the math, CWW might get out in less than 17 years!! Just blows my mind thinking this guy will walk out of prison at an age when many of us would retire, and still have 2 decades of life to wreak havoc!

Another late night unusual observation from an article February 27, 2016: (last 1/3rd of article)

"Brian Edwards told us to expect Sievers' attorney to say Wright made up this story to save himself.
He said now with time served and good behavior, its likely Wright could be out in 20 years."
Sheriff Scott: 'We were after Mark Sievers, we got our man'

I didn't realize CWW could get time off for good behavior? And he has already been incarcerated for over 3 years.... Doing the math, CWW might get out in less than 17 years!! Just blows my mind thinking this guy will walk out of prison at an age when many of us would retire, and still have 2 decades of life to wreak havoc!

You are correct. I am pretty sure good behavior can lessen some sentencing just like time served as one awaits trial. This may apply to MS too depending on the outcome! That is scary....for TS family....him ever getting out!

09/14/2018 Motion Hearing Motion to Strike from Defense Witness List: Denied without prejudice. Court Requests Defense Amend Their Witness List. (there is no docs to view re this on the court website)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back