Sightings, Phone Calls, Reports

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for your answer, Reann. That is very scary! I have always assumed that there was some measure in place to protect children from being taken without parents consent. I guess that makes it plausible that she could have been snatched up and flown to a different state without Casey having consented.

Quick question.

I do not have children, so I do not know what the protocol is for flying with a child. If the child is traveling with a person that is not the parent, do the parents have to give a letter of consent? With parental kidnapings, the airlines would have some safety precautions with children, correct?

I think it depends on the airline. I have children (all of whom are under the age of 6) and they haven flown with my parents and my in-laws before without any letters of consent and whatnot. But, I know that the child has to have some form of ID (meaning, birth certificate, etc) to verify that the name on the boarding pass is really the name of the child. So, if someone had Caylee and was trying to fly with her, I'm almost certain that prior to going through security, they would need to have her birth certificate or some other valid government or state issued child ID card.

Quick question.

I do not have children, so I do not know what the protocol is for flying with a child. If the child is traveling with a person that is not the parent, do the parents have to give a letter of consent? With parental kidnapings, the airlines would have some safety precautions with children, correct?

Special Requirements for Children Under Age 16

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/minors/minors_834.html
All children regardless of age (including newborns and infants) must have their own passport.

2. Submit Proof of U.S. Citizenship (for minors under age 16)
For Minors under Age 16 you must establish proof of citizenship AND proof of relationship. Previous U.S. passports are not acceptable as proof of relationship to the applying parent(s)/guardian(s). See number 3 below for proof of relationship.
All documents submitted with the application as evidence of U.S. citizenship will be returned with the issued passport. See Processing Times.
For proof of citizenship, you will need to submit one of the following:
  • Certified U.S. birth certificate ; or
  • Previous fully valid U.S. Passport; or
  • Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240); or
  • Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350); or
  • Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization from USCIS.

All children regardless of age (including newborns and infants) must have their own passport.

For Minors under Age 16 you must establish proof of citizenship AND proof of relationship. Previous U.S. passports are not acceptable as proof of relationship to the applying parent(s)/guardian(s). See number 3 below for proof of relationship.
All documents submitted with the application as evidence of U.S. citizenship will be returned with the issued passport. See Processing Times.

Thanks! That's what I was looking for! If this is the case, could Caylee have flown without Casey's consent or could she have had a fake/other person's ID? My nieces needed passports to the Dominican, put that was the first time they flew, so I am confused. Is this the state to state law or international?

This is for international travel. I have flown both before and after 9/11 and have never been asked for ID for any of my 3 minor children. Actually, we even went to the Bahamas 3 years ago and I showed their birth certificates, but nothing with a photo. That has been tightened up recently, but still. It would not be out of the question for someone to travel within the US with a child who isn't theirs.

:detective: 3 Year Old Missing Caylee Anthony Possible, Sightings, Tips and Leads that have been reported...

June 16th, 2008 - Anthony home in Orlando, FL (as stated by George Anthony)
July 2nd, 2008 - Orlando International Airport, FL
July 19th, 2008 - Sandy Springs, GA
July 22nd, 2008 - Near Cornelia, GA

Caylee’s grandmother, Cindy Anthony, said tips have come in to her personally and via a hotline they have set up, that a girl resembling Caylee has been seen in Sandy Springs, Georgia and Cornelia, Georgia. Cindy said there have been two reported sightings of 2-year-old Caylee in Georgia and she believes her granddaughter is with someone heading to Charlotte, N.C. "We know where she's at," Cindy Anthony told FOX News Thursday before pleading with the person she believes has the child to turn back. "Please don't take her further into the mountains. It looks like she's headed northeast in Georgia close to the North Carolina border. July 22 near Cornelia, Ga., is the location of the final alleged Caylee sighting. Cindy Anthony said the family sat across from Caylee, who was with two people.

The first reported Caylee sighting since George Anthony last saw her on June 16 is July 2 at Orlando International Airport. A family flying to Atlanta said they saw Caylee. The tipster said the toddler was seen at Orlando International Airport heading to an Atlanta-bound flight with a blond-haired woman in her 40's. "The investigators did meet with her and were able to come up with a sketch together. We're anxious to get a copy and look at that. Hopefully, police take it seriously," attorney Jose Baez said. Investigators also said that they will not release a composite sketch of a woman the tipster thought she saw with Caylee until they are convinced the information is credible. Cindy Anthony, grandmother to the child, confirmed the tip did indeed surface late Tuesday. According to Cindy Anthony, the tip was from a woman who lives in Orlando, and Anthony heard the tip when she checked her voicemail. Anthony called the woman back and they talked. The caller claimed to have seen Caylee board the flight with an older woman. When she talked to the woman and child, the youngster apparently said her name was Caylee 'Antony,' without the "h" the way Anthony says Caylee does. Also, when asked her age, the little girl said three. Caylee is almost three. Cindy Anthony said she is very excited because this woman seems very credible.

"Her [the tipster] and her family sat with Caylee for 10 to 15 minutes. It's not walking by someone or looking from afar," Cindy Anthony said. She also said the woman told her that the girl they saw was wearing a baseball cap and holding a naked baby doll, two things she said are characteristic of Caylee.

a youtube Video of Cindy Anthony describing a tip

Another person claimed to see Caylee on July 19 at a gas station in Sandy Springs, Ga. "She said it was very apparent that the people were meeting up as a drop point. It was clearly a pick up point," Cindy Anthony said.

I have seen enough of the news reports where CA is talking to reporters and her cell phone rings. She doesn't answer it. Sooooo, if you were thinking your gd was alive and waiting on tipsters to call to help find her would you ignore a phone call? Kinda reminds me of when SP was talking to Amber and didn't answer call waiting....he already knew there was no REAL sightings or useful info.

I wish the A's would stop throwing this stuff out there. :furious:

POSTED: 4:19 pm EDT July 18, 2008
UPDATED: 9:21 pm EDT July 20, 2008

Saturday, we learned new information about a phone call. The grandparents of the missing 2-year-old say the child's mother got a mysterious phone call a day before she was arrested and charged with felony child neglect. That call gives them hope that Caylee Anthony is still alive.

"Casey got a phone call, 'Hi, Mommy?' Casey said, 'Put an adult on the phone Caylee.' The phone went dead," said Cynthia Anthony.

~snip~

The Anthonys say they're sure Casey is telling the truth about that phone call despite lies to law enforcement.

http://www.wftv.com/news/16924162/detail.html?rss=orlc&psp=news

Hmmm where is the phone records of that call? Oh I forgot, the cell phone has been lost, and the phone company lied and made a mistake with the phone records. < add sarcasm >

cant they check the phone records of the supposed "tip" to Cindy? If they pulled her records, they can find the number of the woman. Cindy said the woman left a message on her voicemail, and Cindy called her back. There would be a record of that.

Quick question.

On domestic flights I have never been asked to identify my daughter. On international flights, you have to show the child's passport so they know the child belongs to you. If i'm traveling alone internationally with my daughter, I make sure my husband has a notarized letter giving me permission to travel with my daughter from the exact travel dates given.
Caylee very well could have boarded a plane with someone else, under an assumed name.

On domestic flights I have never been asked to identify my daughter. On international flights, you have to show the child's passport so they know the child belongs to you. If i'm traveling alone internationally with my daughter, I make sure my husband has a notarized letter giving me permission to travel with my daughter from the exact travel dates given.
Caylee very well could have boarded a plane with someone else, under an assumed name.

I agree, she could have also been seated on the lap of the person sighted with her depending on Caylee's weight and height, meaning anyone could have gotten her on a plane by lying about her age, weight and height without even getting a ticket for the seat. Just a thought....

I have seen enough of the news reports where CA is talking to reporters and her cell phone rings. She doesn't answer it. Sooooo, if you were thinking your gd was alive and waiting on tipsters to call to help find her would you ignore a phone call? Kinda reminds me of when SP was talking to Amber and didn't answer call waiting....he already knew there was no REAL sightings or useful info.

I wish the A's would stop throwing this stuff out there. :furious:

Melinda Duckett did the same thing. She was being interviewed by the news and her cell phone rings - it could be the call she was supposedly waiting for, reporting that little Trenton has been found and is alive, safe and well - but did she think she ought to answer that call?

Nope. She ignored it, just like she already knew for a fact that a call about finding Trenton alive and well was not going to be coming in.

I know y'all like to compare this cae to the Peterson case, and I totally see why...but I see a LOT of similarities between Caylee's disappearance and Trenton's disappearance. Too many to not find disturbing. I wonder if Casey paid any attention to the Trenton Duckett case back when it was at its height, two years ago (Two years already - WHERE IS TRENTON?)

Now I don't think Casey will kill herself like Melinda did - Casey loves herself too much and has a valid support system in her parents that Melinda did not seem to have...but I think we'll more likely than not end up wondering what really Caylee just like we sit here wondering what really happened to Trenton.

IMO, both Melinda and Casey think what they want for themselves was/is so much more important than the best interests of the child everyone else keeps going on about, and both of them could not tell the truth if their child's life depended on it.

No, a Ford Focus.

And more specifically a RED 2008 Ford Focus!

Casey can "recall" details such as a car, but not what Zenaida looked like?! K.

(Honestly can't remember where I saw it...somewhere on this site?!)

And more specifically a RED 2008 Ford Focus!

Casey can "recall" details such as a car, but not what Zenaida looked like?! K.

(Honestly can't remember where I saw it...somewhere on this site?!)

I read it, too

All they are doing is creating reasonable doubt. Her father and her friend both "former" police officers know a little something about the law. All her stories were proved to be lies by LE she has not provided one credible tip that can help the police. Not even a composite sketch of her so called babysitter of two years. I am just not buying it. I had a private babysitter for my son when he was a baby that was 6 years ago, I I have not seen the woman in 6 years and I could still help do a composite drawing of her. Lies all Lies.

From what I understand it is pretty easy to get a birth certificate, it's a public record, right? So you get one for any anon. child by reading birth announcements, poof kid has a new ID. Just a thought...

From what I understand it is pretty easy to get a birth certificate, it's a public record, right? So you get one for any anon. child by reading birth announcements, poof kid has a new ID. Just a thought...

No. It may be available to see information about the birth online, but to get an actual stamped BC you must be the parent and show ID, or be the legal gaurdian and show that proof with papers. I have 3 kids, and i have been through it all with the 2 states we have had children in.

Also, i wanted to add helpful info about flying with a child as well. As i have said, i have 3 kiddos. I have flown with all of them at all different ages - from babyhood to school age. I have jumped through hoops to get BCs at the offices and mailed to me from other states just to fly. Only, i never get asked for them! NEVER. For any of the kids no matter if they had a ticket or not. Oh yes, we have had the kids fly with their own ticketed seat and still never had to show ID for them or prove they were ours.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back