Sightings/ Tips -Caylee Lookalikes

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband kept trying to talk to me when this was on, lol! but did the other father say when this happened? I think he said they lived about 40 miles from the A's?

Nancy Grace said there were two tips within the last few days, which included the tip from when the cops swarmed the other Kaylee's house in the middle of the night..They specifically said this was from the last couple of days..

Nancy Grace did ask him how far he lived from the Anthonys and he said he lived forty miles away from the Anthonys. I have found a link to the transcript..Here it is. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0809/19/ng.01.html

"But the Tuppers said they're most frustrated by the Anthonys' accusations that authorities aren't looking for Caylee. She says their experience proves otherwise."

AMEN I would love to hear the A's reaction to this.

Kind of reminds me of an old courtroom story-- maybe apocryphal? I dunno.

Anyway. it's a about a woman who was thought to have been murdered by her spouse-- which often happens.

They had circumstantial evidence (which is what convicts a lot of people anyhoo), but no body. So, it was announced that the missing wife would come through the doors at exactly 1500.

At exactly 1500, everyone in the courtroom was looking expectantly at the courtroom doors-- except the husband.

This impressed the jury, considerably.

Yup yup. I hope they do track it down so they know exactly where it came from!

That's the problem w/ these high profile cases. Over 2,000 "tips" on this one, I read. Yesterday, on a special re: the Hillside Strangler(s), it was said that there were over 7,000 "tips." Bianchi was brought in twice, for questioning. But, the cops were busy spinning wheels on "tips."

It also proves the case is going no where.

Or, it proves that LE has their ducks in a row, and can afford to take a little time to do some PR checking of "tips."

Right, so Cindy needs to stop saying LE isn't following up on leads.

Can we get a bulk rate on socks and duct tape for that family?

For the whole family's mouths, and some duct tape for KCs legs.

First, my apologies. :( I don't know how on earth you guys get through all these threads! I did try to look, as I am a grizzled old veteran of bulletin boards and newsgroups! That article just came to me as a Google alert.

In the picture in THAT article, they do look alike.

Problem is a lot of toddlers look alike. The baby fat obscures the future definition, a bit.

I believe, they have to, unless of course they find her body.

On any missing case. Look who has been missing for a very long time, Trenton Duckett. If any of us called and said we had seen him, I am sure they would check out the tip, even though I and many many others believe him to be deceased.

I'll see that hand and raise you, one. I think they'd check "tips" even if they had the body, if there was a strategic reason not to reveal that information, at that time.

That's the problem w/ these high profile cases. Over 2,000 "tips" on this one, I read. Yesterday, on a special re: the Hillside Strangler(s), it was said that there were over 7,000 "tips." Bianchi was brought in twice, for questioning. But, the cops were busy spinning wheels on "tips."

You're right.

How many sightings of Maddie???

I remember there were sightings of Trenton Duckett, too. The outcome for a case like this usually isn't good.

:(

Nancy Grace said there were two tips within the last few days, which included the tip from when the cops swarmed the other Kaylee's house in the middle of the night..They specifically said this was from the last couple of days..

Nancy Grace did ask him how far he lived from the Anthonys and he said he lived forty miles away from the Anthonys. I have found a link to the transcript..Here it is. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0809/19/ng.01.html

The father who spoke on NG last night lives near me and it is about 30 to 40 miles from the Anthony's home.

In fact, both sightings mentioned as being in FL happened near me. I am leaving out their names but you can find them in the transcripts and news stories. There was the one the other day where the parents said their home was stormed around midnight. News Channel 13 ran a story on that one and stated the incident happened on Aug 15th. Someone here wrote to Ch13 to verify that date but I haven't seen that they replied (did they?).

Nancy Grace did state that both incidents in FL happened within the last couple days. WFTV did not place a date of incident in their story.

The second incident in FL was the guy on Nancy Grace last night. He'd been at a gas station and a woman tried to engage his daughter in conversation. After he got home, Volusia County Sheriff's dept arrived.

I'm curious about the exact dates of these two incidents .

I would say that LE is pretty certain that Caylee is dead, and that this incident changes nothing. The tip was compelling enough that LE could not ignore it, so they followed up on it. This incident demonstrates why the public shouldn't really get hung up on whatever words LE uses to classify their ongoing investigation. They basically follow the evidence. This case overwhelmingly looks like a death case ... but it doesn't mean that LE will ignore any tips that might contradict this.

This is prolly the case.

I'll see that hand and raise you, one. I think they'd check "tips" even if they had the body, if there was a strategic reason not to reveal that information, at that time.

Officially this is a missing child case.

I am sure they have results besides what we know about. They'd like to find Caylee. I know everyone here desperately wants that, too.

Irregardless though, I have total faith that unlike Trenton's case and Maddie's there will be justice this time.

The father who spoke on NG last night lives near me and it is about 30 to 40 miles from the Anthony's home.

In fact, both sightings mentioned as being in FL happened near me. I am leaving out their names but you can find them in the transcripts and news stories. There was the one the other day where the parents said their home was stormed around midnight. News Channel 13 ran a story on that one and stated the incident happened on Aug 15th. Someone here wrote to Ch13 to verify that date but I haven't seen that they replied (did they?).

Nancy Grace did state that both incidents in FL happened within the last couple days. WFTV did not place a date of incident in their story.

The second incident in FL was the guy on Nancy Grace last night. He'd been at a gas station and a woman tried to engage his daughter in conversation. After he got home, Volusia County Sheriff's dept arrived.

I'm curious about the exact dates of these two incidents .

i'm curious as well

Originally Posted by pizmex
I would say that LE is pretty certain that Caylee is dead, and that this incident changes nothing. The tip was compelling enough that LE could not ignore it, so they followed up on it. This incident demonstrates why the public shouldn't really get hung up on whatever words LE uses to classify their ongoing investigation. They basically follow the evidence. This case overwhelmingly looks like a death case ... but it doesn't mean that LE will ignore any tips that might contradict this.

I agree.

LOL, kind of stoooooopid for kidnappers to change Caylee to Kaylee, I think that would be a bit obvious.

Exactly. They would be drilling the child on "Rebecca" or something.

Caylee, Kalee Cayley, etc, are SOOOO common, these days.

Reminds of a cartoon of a kindergarten. Teacher was introducing the kids: "This is Ashley and Jacob, and Jacob, and Jacob, and Ashley, and Ashley."

i'm curious as well

I routinely view the daily activity reports on the Volusia County Sheriff's website and I did not see any report made of anything even similar to this. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it's just that I find it strange that I don't remember seeing anything. I view those reports every single day. Hmmm.

Even with evidence that leads them to believe she is no longer with us, she isn't legally declared dead. As far as I know, they're still treating it as a missing person (child) case and followed a tip. I wouldn't doubt it (eta: the tip) was intentional...but they have to act on it and I'm glad they did (eta: so nobody can say they didn't check into it).

They announced they believe they are no longer looking for a missing person. The scheduled searches are for a dead body.

But, they STILL have to follow up on tips.

I noticed that too and thought, ewww, cause i have a booger skeeve thing going on. I used to clean my kids noses with Q-tips, hate boogers.

I'm a nurse, and that's the ONLY body fluid that makes me want to gag.

I routinely view the daily activity reports on the Volusia County Sheriff's website and I did not see any report made of anything even similar to this. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it's just that I find it strange that I don't remember seeing anything. I view those reports every single day. Hmmm.

That is pretty odd.. But I doubt that Nancy Grace makes this up! Do you think they were trying to keep it quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zuehlsdorf