Singer Neil Young dumps wife of 36 years for actress Darryl Hannah

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
B-b-but Neil 'n' Bobby are the only two singers I can do passable imitations of! (After drinks.)

ON TOURING, NEIL YOUNG AND MARRIAGE

Young recently made headlines by filing for divorce from Pegi, his wife of almost 37 years and the inspiration for several songs. Many fans were heartbroken by the news.

Crosby says you don't have to worry about him following suit.

"Not gonna happen, man," Crosby says. "I've been with my wife 37 years, and I'm in love with her. I ain't goin' nowhere."

"Thirty-seven years! That's a freakin' miracle," he adds. "And I just don't feel the urge to go try something new. And I happen to know that he's hanging out with somebody that's a purely poisonous predator now. And that's karma. He's gonna get hurt. But I understand why it happened. I'm just sad about it. I'm always sad when I see love get tossed in the gutter."

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/09/07/3361962/crosby-says-hes-still-got-it-and.html

bbm dang, makes me wonder what David knows.

I wish NY had spoken to Jackson Browne before getting involved with her.
Jackson was labeled as abusive years ago and she never came out to clear his good name. He is a true gentleman for not publicly setting the record straight and calling her out. Instead, he took a huge hit; there are still people that don't know the truth of that incident, calling him a 'wife beater'. LE was called to their home for a domestic dispute by Jackson. No one was charged. It was at the time they were breaking up and she was moving out because she had cheated on him with JFK Jr. I have zero respect for her.

Respectfully, I couldn't disagree more. Dr. Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela were arrested for breaking the law too. Ridiculous, unjust laws. We women wouldn't have the vote it suffragettes hadn't been willing to go to jail for the cause.

Ms. Hannah being arrested for peacefully protesting laws she believes to be unjust should most certainly not be held against her, IMO.

That said, I don't much care for her, never have. I also never approve of adultery, but I think it's a stretch to imply
that Neil left his marriage because he couldn't cope with ill children, seeing as how said children are both adults.

Stuff happens in a marriage, but I believe now, as I always have, that, unless you are married to some abusive jerk, you owe them respect. It is not respectful, IMO, to be flaunting a relationship with someone else this soon, but I am not privy to all the facts.

I am a bit surprised to see Daryl Hannah compared to the legacy of Nelson Mandela, who was arrested for his violent protests and imprisoned for crimes against his country. Mandela was later awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to abolish apartheid. However, he also had affairs with other women while married. Dr. Martin Luther King had a dream, too. As a Civil Rights Leader, he believed in peaceful protests in order to end the segregation in this nation. Dr. King was also a Nobel Peace Prize laureate. DH hugging a walnut tree because she did not want the area developed is not in the same league as these two brave men. JMO

As to the query, by another member, about my knowledge of Asperger's and autism, INOYB; however, I am well acquainted with people with disabilities. My BBF has two daughters with CP. Both adult children are in wheelchairs. Another friend has a grandchild who experiences seizures after receiving a childhood vaccine. He has been on steroids for most of his life. At age two, he cannot hold his own head upright. There are other examples but I hardly find them appropriate for this thread.

It has never been my opinion that NY left his marriage because of his children. In fact, he invented merchandise that helped one of his children in particular.

From one of my posts regarding the JonBenét murder, http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...d-in-the-crime-or-not&p=10286388#post10286388

For several reasons, the brand of railroad system Burke possessed, most likely, was Lionel. Lionel sold 0 gauge track almost exclusively and controlled about half of the $6 million market in the 1990s. Incidentally, in 2004, Lionel filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. In 2006, Lionel reported profits of $66 million.

Interestingly enough, in 1992 Richard Kughn and musician Neil Young, an avid model railroader, and whose son had cerebral palsy, created Liontech, chartered to develop exclusive new model train control and sound systems. Liontech's RailSounds II debuted in 1994.

Also debuting in 1994, was the brainchild of Neil Young, Lionel's Trainmaster Command Control, a technology similar to Digital Command Control which permits, among other things, the operation of Lionel trains by remote control. Richard Kughn sold Lionel in 1995. Neil Young as recently as 2012 was a consultant to Lionel.

To read more about why Neil Young developed this wireless technology for his son who was stricken with CP, see the link provided below. And also see Lionel at Wikipedia.

http://findmodelrailroads.com/neil-y...-train-company

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back