Sir Elton Has a Hissy Fit

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has anyone seen the movie (Bio Pic) called Tantrums and Tiaras? Staring Elton? OMG he thinks he's the Queen.

I know I watched it because I thought it was hilarious but I don't remember much of it. The one part I remember is when he was playing tennis and some people pizzed him off by distracting him, I think by saying "hi" to him. He ranted and raved about it, it was pretty funny.

I love Elton John and while I don't think any person is better than the other, especially celebs, I tend to give him a pass on his major diva behavior. Maybe it's because like another poster pointed out, he has done so much for Aids awareness and probably things I don't even know about. I don't know why, his behavior isn't a turnoff for me.

I love Elton John and while I don't think any person is better than the other, especially celebs, I tend to give him a pass on his major diva behavior.

me too shopper! He is one of my alltime favs for sure. When each of my grandchildren were born I come up with a song that is individually "theirs"

"Your Song" by Elton John is my grandsons "song"

He loves it and whenever he hears it he says "Listen! It's my song!" :)

I think Elton John is one of the best musicians we will see in our lifetime.

partial lyrics of "Your Song"

...........anyway the thing is what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen
And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world

me too shopper! He is one of my alltime favs for sure. When each of my grandchildren were born I come up with a song that is individually "theirs"

Awwww. Sweet story Glow!

I agree with you about Elton. He will go down as one of the best. He is absolutely brilliant. He sealed that for me when he wrote the music for The Lion King.

Thanks jilly:blowkiss:

Yes, his music with Tim Rice's lyrics = magic!

just in case anyone hasnt seen them (like that is even possible :eek: )

here are the words....

There's a calm surrender to the rush of day
When the heat of the rolling world can be turned away
An enchanted moment, and it sees me through
It's enough for this restless warrior just to be with you

And can you feel the love tonight
It is where we are
It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer
That we got this far
And can you feel the love tonight
How it's laid to rest
It's enough to make kings and vagabonds
Believe the very best

There's a time for everyone if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn
There's a rhyme and reason to the wild outdoors
When the heart of this star-crossed voyager beats in time with yours

i don't care if he acts like a jerk, lol.....whenever i hear "Rocketman" it takes me back to the 'good ol' days'...great memories...& then of course there's "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting":dance:

Thanks jilly:blowkiss:

Yes, his music with Tim Rice's lyrics = magic!

There's another brilliant man - Rice. Probably the best lyricist around. I was reading awhile back that Broadway is starting to suffer because the likes of these guys (Andrew Lloyd Webber being another) with their creativity just isn't there anymore.

i don't care if he acts like a jerk, lol.....whenever i hear "Rocketman" it takes me back to the 'good ol' days'...great memories...& then of course there's "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting":dance:

I agree. I think he's absolutely earned the right!

My favorite song by him is Daniel...it always makes me cry though.

partial lyrics of "Your Song"

...........anyway the thing is what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen
And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world

I love so many of his songs that it's hard to pick my favorite, but I think this one is right up there, for a very similar reason as you. I've always loved loved loved this song and when I was pregnant and deciding what to do with the nursery, I thought very seriously about painting "how wonderful life is while you're in the world" on the wall. Nothing big, just for my son to see when he got bigger. I still may do it, but I hum it to him (he's 5 months) and when he's bigger I'll let him know that this is mine and his song.

I love so many of his songs that it's hard to pick my favorite, but I think this one is right up there, for a very similar reason as you. I've always loved loved loved this song and when I was pregnant and deciding what to do with the nursery, I thought very seriously about painting "how wonderful life is while you're in the world" on the wall. Nothing big, just for my son to see when he got bigger. I still may do it, but I hum it to him (he's 5 months) and when he's bigger I'll let him know that this is mine and his song.

Ohhhh Shopper. I think that is a lovely idea and you should do it!

I love Elton's music. Crocodile Rock, Daniel, Your Song, Sacrifice, and the one with the really long title, I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues...those are some of my favorites.

Another really pretty one is "The Last Song":

`Cause I never thought I'd lose
I only thought I'd win
I never dreamed I'd feel
This fire beneath my skin
I can't believe you love me
I never thought you'd come
I guess I misjudged love
Between a father and his son

Elton John should have expected more security since the concert was held on the same day as the terrorist attack at the british airport. People bravely still attended the concert and I think that the royalty of Britain and their safety should have been the major concern. I'm glad they and the other people attending were kept safe as possible.

I heard he got a ride after all when an officer mistook him for Camilla! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I love Elton's music. Crocodile Rock, Daniel, Your Song, Sacrifice, and the one with the really long title, I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues...those are some of my favorites.

Another really pretty one is "The Last Song":

`Cause I never thought I'd lose
I only thought I'd win
I never dreamed I'd feel
This fire beneath my skin
I can't believe you love me
I never thought you'd come
I guess I misjudged love
Between a father and his son

I love that, isn't that from Philadelphia, with Tom Hanks? That movie was just too sad for me. It's about his father had rejected him because he was gay.

The song is the epitomy of poignance.

Elton John should have expected more security since the concert was held on the same day as the terrorist attack at the british airport. People bravely still attended the concert and I think that the royalty of Britain and their safety should have been the major concern. I'm glad they and the other people attending were kept safe as possible.

Exactly. He should not have messed with the police, who were just doing their job. Maybe he is getting a litte "senile".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue
Back