Size 12-14 Bloomies "modelled"

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SuperDave said:
Well, there were no external injuries to the genitalia, tumble. We know that.
where did this blood on the panties come from then?
maybe it was old, earlier than the 25th?
if so, the whole redressing takes another turn, why redress her in stained panties?
planting DNA somes to mind... just seems so far fetched...

tumble said:
where did this blood on the panties come from then?
maybe it was old, earlier than the 25th?
if so, the whole redressing takes another turn, why redress her in stained panties?
planting DNA somes to mind... just seems so far fetched...
I suppose the blood seeped from JB's vaginal injury into the panties.

rashomon said:
Because it might again have pointed to JB's toileting problems: a six-year-old still wearing pull-ups is definitely weird, and the Ramseys downplayed it all the time.
Whether it was parental rage over JB wetting/soiling herself, or whether her continuing problems with soiling/wetting herself were connected to sexual abuse (I believe they were) - it was in the Ramseys' interest not to direct attention to that issue, which is why I think Patsy lied about the size 12 panties being a present to JB's cousin.

I think they put those panties on JB because it was important to have 'Wednesday' printed on them.

rashomon,

Because it might again have pointed to JB's toileting problems: a six-year-old still wearing pull-ups is definitely weird, and the Ramseys downplayed it all the time.

I have no real issues with your position here except, it is again contradicted by the soiled underwear and jeans, and with JonBenet being redressed in longjohns. There was no real attempt to hide JonBenet's toileting problems.

which is why I think Patsy lied about the size 12 panties being a present to JB's cousin.
Yes this is possible, but why, what was being hidden?

During a May 20 interview with investigators, the Ramseys' housekeeper
Linda Hoffmann- Pugh "told them the larger panties were kept in a drawer and
had never been taken out of their packaging before Christmas," said the insider.

Those size-12's are a mystery!

rashomon said:
I suppose the blood seeped from JB's vaginal injury into the panties.

rashomon,

Yes possibly a residual flow of blood, then again, would she have to be alive to seep blood?

Would the blood not pool and flow forward or down rather than adhere to any particular spot, much in the same manner the front of her longjohns are wet with urine.

When did she empty her bladder, just after death or later?

Does this mean she was always lying on her front, since I believe she was discovered lying wrapped on her back or side?

So was she sexually assaulted prior to being wiped down and redressed in the size-12 underwear?

Remember, UKGuy, she was strangled from behind. The killer couldn't even look her in the face! I know what that says to me! She was likely laying on her front.

"where did this blood on the panties come from then? maybe it was old, earlier than the 25th?"

Some people claim that Patsy would soak JB's panties. I'm a man, and even I know what that's for. I may be young, but I wasn't born yesterday!

"where did this blood on the panties come from then? maybe it was old, earlier than the 25th?"
I suppose lab techs would have found out if this was an old bloodstain.

Yes possibly a residual flow of blood, then again, would she have to be alive to seep blood?
It seems that she still was alive when the vaginal injury was inflicted, otherwise it would not have bled. But this doesn't necessarily mean that the vaginal injury was inflicted first - JB could have been still alive and in a coma from the head bash when this was done. I think it was done for staging purposes.

UkGuy, do you know where exactly on JB's panties the blood spot was located?

rashomon said:
Whether it was parental rage over JB wetting/soiling herself, or whether her continuing problems with soiling/wetting herself were connected to sexual abuse (I believe they were) - it was in the Ramseys' interest not to direct attention to that issue, which is why I think Patsy lied about the size 12 panties being a present to JB's cousin.

I think they put those panties on JB because it was important to have 'Wednesday' printed on them.
Rashomon, as I stated before, they do not make pull-ups in size 6. I know this for a fact. The only brand is Good Nights, which is for overnight bedwetting.

Bumping this thread for the benefit of the newbies...

They don't make Pull-ups in a size 6, but aren't they labeled by stages? They list the size in pounds. My little nephew, who was three at the time, left his opened package of pull-ups at my house when they were visiting last summer. My son, who had a horrendous stomach virus last winter kept soiling his underwear as he was throwing up (couldn't get out of bed :( poor baby), and I ended up putting one of his cousins pull-ups on him. My son was 9, and it fit. He could have used the size one-step up, but he could still wear that size. I was soooo thankful that I had those pull-ups.

Don't tell him I told y'all this. He would be so embarrassed.

My neighbor's daughter, who is 7, wears Pull-ups to bed at night, as she still has nighttime accidents. They are Pull-ups, not the Goodnites. I just asked her recently.

Oh my goodness, I just looked at the package, as they are still in the drawer, and the package says (Stage 4) 3T-4T, 32-40 lbs. My son probably weighed about 55 pounds at the time. Obviously they can accommodate a larger variation in size, due to the expanding sides. I believe they go to Stage 5.

SuperDave said:
Remember, UKGuy, she was strangled from behind. The killer couldn't even look her in the face! I know what that says to me! She was likely laying on her front.

Some people claim that Patsy would soak JB's panties. I'm a man, and even I know what that's for. I may be young, but I wasn't born yesterday!

The size 12-14 paid were brand-new, just out of the pkg, according to what reports we have, and the size 6, possibly-stained ones weren't found,right, buys? Or if LE have them we weren't told.

Although Jayelles experiment is absolutely marvelous, LE would have been way ahead of us on this. They knew how ridiculously large those panties were, they couldn't find the rest of the large panties in the house, and they found partially opened Christmas presents in the basement, some of which were right in the same room JBR was found in. If you read the interview transcript with Patsy about the underwear very carefully you can tell by some of the questions they ask that they figured all this out themselves already... one of the questions was did Patsy notice when she took off JBR's black pants to get her ready for bed that her panties came off with them.

This just makes me more furious with the DA because BPD must have known all this, yet the DA thwarted them... and now the new DA does. No wonder so many BPD were angry enough to resign.

We don't know if there ever were any size 4/6 bloomies at all... LE isn't saying and neither is Patsy because she conveniently "can't remember" if she bought one package of them for JBR in size 4/6 and another package in size 12/14 for the niece, Jenny, to send to her as a gift. But I believe there WAS a package of 4/6 bloomies that Patsy purchased. In the other thread about these huge panties I said this...

In John Ramsey's 1998 interview with Lou Smit and Mike Kane, Smit says this...

13 LOU SMIT: You notice how the packages seem
14 to be partially opened. Can you explain this?
15 JOHN RAMSEY: No, I can't.

There were presents found in the basement that were apparently meant for Christmas gifts to be exchanged when they went to Michigan and for other people to be sent out before they left. Patsy had stated that she was trying to get together presents to be sent out to other people before they left on their trip and that she did that in the basement. Some of those presents were in the room where JBR was found. Patsy also in her interviews had said that she bought the size 12/14 bloomies as a Christmas gift for her niece, Jenny, and apparently, that was a present to be sent out before they left on their trip... so it stands to reason that the package of the large panties would be in the basement in a package meant to be sent to Jenny.

I always thought it odd that the size 12/14 panties would ever have been put into JBR's panty drawer. Patsy also said that she couldn't remember whether or not she bought a package of the bloomies in size 12/14 for Jenny ONLY or if she ALSO bought a package of 4/6 ones for JBR. I think she did buy both.

The housekeeper remembers seeing a package of the bloomies in JBR's panty drawer, but I think those were the size 4/6 ones meant for JBR, and the size 12/14 package was in the basement in a package ready to be sent to Jenny for Christmas. Patsy was the one who was wrapping the gifts in the basement and would have known that the size 12/14 bloomies were there. That's why I think Smit brought up the fact that one or more of the presents in the basement were partially opened. I think part of the reason to use the size 12/14 panties was because they were there in the basement where the staging took place.

It's important that Patsy not state that there were two packages of bloomies and one of them was in JBR's drawer because an intruder wanting to put a different pair of panties on JBR would not have used panties that came out of a present in the basement... an intruder would have no idea that childrens panties were in a wrapped package in the basement. Only PATSY knew there was childrens panties in a wrapped present in the basement.

Smit doesn't say that those presents were partially wrapped, he says they were partially OPENED. No one puts wrapping paper on a package that isn't already closed up, so these presents weren't just partially wrapped... they were wrapped and then partially unwrapped and partially OPENED to get something out.

I think the reason that Patsy "doesn't remember" whether or not she bought two packages of the panties because if she said she remembered buying one package for JBR and one for her older niece, Jenny, it would be deduced by LE that what the housekeeper saw in the JBR's panty drawer were the size 4/6 panties purchased for JBR and the size 12/14 panties came out of one of those presents in the basement... pointing right at Patsy. Patsy was the only one who knew for certain where those size 12/14 bloomies were, and I think they were in the basement in one of those partially opened presents Smit mentioned.

In another post in that same thread I said that I believed the biggest reason that the 12/14 panties were chosen is because they were pristine... they were in a sealed plastic package with no Ramsey DNA on them. Both Patsy and John were questioned about gloves, so LE must have figured that gloves were worn for the re-dressing as they lack ANY Ramsey DNA (other than JBR herself who was wearing them). They also lack any DNA from ANYONE except for a tiny bit of degraded DNA that probably came from the garment factory that made them (otherwise it wouldn't be so degraded).

Something else I just realized about gloves... there's no point in wearing gloves that aren't also pristine without any Ramsey DNA on them, so using gardening or driving gloves wouldn't be such a good idea. Where would one get a pair of pristine gloves in the house? Think back and recall that it was thought there was a smell in the bathroom of hair coloring chemicals, and Patsy said she thought she had dyed her hair that day. Guess what also comes in a package of hair coloring? PLASTIC GLOVES... nice fresh pristine plastic gloves free of Ramsey DNA. I've colored my own hair for years in my own bathroom, and while the smell lingers for a few hours, it wouldn't be noticed when LE got to the house if Patsy dyed her hair sometime on Christmas Day. It also would be a dead give-away if an open box of hair coloring was found with everything still in it except for the gloves. Therefore, I think the plastic gloves were worn by whoever staged the body and the hair coloring chemicals were dumped down the sink... then the box, the empty chemical bottle and whatever else came out of the hair coloring package had to be hidden or destroyed so no one would notice the empty package and empty bottle of dye in the trash without the dye covered plastic gloves.

I have no problem believing that Patsy bought her niece those bloomies as a Christmas gift because it would make a nice stocking stuffer type gift... she probably bought other things for her niece as well. I can't even count all the panties, socks and nightgowns my aunts used to buy me for Christmas when I was a kid! It just wasn't the ONLY thing they bought to give me... just included as part of whatever else they bought.

I'd be willing to bet that one of the Christmas packages that was taken in the search was partially opened and contained other gifts for Jenny... minus the bloomies.

Britt said:
I've often wondered if he joined the coverup that morning not out of love for Patsy, but because he suspected she'd made him an unwilling accomplice and he was being extremely cautious. That note was full of threats and he knew who wrote it the instant he saw it.

Then when the medical evidence came out - the vaginal injury, the massive head blow - he was trapped. If he tried to turn Patsy in and extricate himself, who would believe him? And if she used his shirt to add fibers...

I wonder if incriminating John was Patsy's Plan B, in case the intruder thing didn't take.
I've never bought the fact that John had a hand in the ransom note. Personally, I think he's too smart and shrewd to be involved with a 3 page note. If he had been involved with the note, he'd have kept it simple. I agree that note was full of threats towards him, very personal threats. If, before Patsy called 911, he had read the note fully and realized Patsy had written it, I think he wouldn't have let her call so quickly. But Patsy was on the phone lickety-split saying there was a note, therefore John couldn't get rid of the note. I wonder if JR's trying to leave Boulder within an hour of JBR's body being discovered wasn't in order for him to have a chance to figure out what in the heck was going on and maybe a chance to have a "talk" with Patsy. He couldn't have any privacy there in Boulder, any conversation they had would have run the risk of being over heard.

The above sounds as though I think JR was innocent, and I don't necessarily. Just looking at all the angles.

SuperDave said:
"I've often wondered if he joined the coverup that morning not out of love for Patsy, but because he suspected she'd made him an unwilling accomplice and he was being extremely cautious. That note was full of threats and he knew who wrote it the instant he saw it. Then when the medical evidence came out - the vaginal injury, the massive head blow - he was trapped. If he tried to turn Patsy in and extricate himself, who would believe him?"

It's not just that. Remember, he'd been married once before. He ruined his first marriage by fooling around on his wife. He got caught. They ALL get caught. Know why? 'Cause they think they won't! And this is a man who, by all accounts, had the same attitude toward life as Woltz in "The Godfather:" "A man in my position cannot afford to look ridiculous!" For him to pin it on Patsy, he would have to admit, to the world and himself, that he RUINED his first marriage only to marry a monster, and that he could have stopped it if he had paid attention to the signs. That's hard to take.

"And if she used his shirt to add fibers...I wonder if incriminating John was Patsy's Plan B, in case the intruder thing didn't take."

Maybe.
Good point, SD. I'm curious, is Patsy the one with whom he was having an affair during his first marriage??

sandraladeda said:
IMO, this is a charade that could not have held up for all these years. IMO, if JR was not involved yet suspected PR, he could not have stayed married to her all these years.
I think he would have if she had enough "goods" on him. Besides, he had Burke left to think about and if everything had blown wide open, Burke would be even more emotionally scared. At least this way, he can still present to his son that there was an intruder and that mommy dearest wasn't crazy.

UKGuy said:
narlacat,

I know, this is what makes us realize that a Wednesday pair appeared more important to the stager than the size?

But what is so vital about the Wednesday pair , just who cares? Not only that, why is she wearing any at all.

Was it normal practise for JonBenet to wear that days underwear to bed?

Neither John or Patsy made statements to the effect they saw, or even removed JonBenet's underwear when she was undressed for bed.

So who would care about the Wednesday underwear, to the extent they disregarded the size?

\

Patsy made sure that JBR's headstone shows the date of death as Christmas because she said she wanted people to remember what a horrible thing happened on Christmas day. Christmas was on Wednesday. http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockyhunter/215604208/

Jayelles said:
Images can be found here:-

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7128

Please go and see them for yourselves and post comments here.
Thank you, Jayelles, for all the time and trouble you went to here...and for coming up w/such a great creative test. One of these pics alone is worth a MILLION words!

I'm remembering PR being asked in the 2000 interveiw w/Kane if she ever washed clothes and she said she washed lots of clothes. She was then asked if she had ever washed any sz 12, days-of-the-week panties. I think her answer went along the lines of: I don't recall. I may have and just didn't notice.

Oh, please, they would stand out like a sore thumb or "what's wrong w/this picture?"

I have a question that has popped into my mind several times in the last couple of weeks.

Can a 6 year old child READ the days of the week? (please don't tell me that it depends on the child...LOL)

foxbluff said:
Can a 6 year old child READ the days of the week? (please don't tell me that it depends on the child...LOL)
Actually, it does depend on the child, my 5-year-old can, but JonBenet couldn't even read her name!

LinasK said:
Actually, it does depend on the child, my 5-year-old can, but JonBenet couldn't even read her name!
We don't have proof she couldn't read her name. PR said Burke helped with the name tags because JBR couldn't read yet. There's a big jump between "not being able to read" and "can't read one's name". Anyone who has kids knows that usually they can recognize their name before they can read the names of others.

Jayelles, this is great! It really gives people something tangible! I found the Atlanta interviews to be interesting with regards to the Bloomie's. Patsy claims she doesn't remember if she bought them for JBR, also says all the underwear in her drawer would have been size 8-10, for a 6 year old?!?!?!?!?! And a petite one at that. She also claimed not to know what ages correlated with which sizes. Any parent who has bought undies for their child can memorize the chart within the first few weeks of undie buying!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time
Back