Skeletal Remains of child just found 1/3 mile from anthony home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's remains (skull, etc) how would they know so quickly that it's a girl? I wonder if there are other items in the bag, perhaps girls clothing?

Just wondering...

I also thought maybe there were girl clothes in the bag. A trained eye can tell the sex. When trying to determine info about bones they look for the big four: sex,age, race, stature. The sex is not to hard, female skulls are normally smaller than males, pubis bones are wider in females, stature can be determined by measuring leg bones & age can be determined by teeth if there are any, how do the bones look ( spine might look more curved in an older person) also by looking for the presence or absence of a growth plate. A person under 16-20 will still have it as a person older than 20 will not. They say 16 for a girl, 18 for a boy but do stretch it to age 20 because some people continue to grow after 16/18. They can also tell by the way the marrow looks inside the bones, that can help determine age. I dont think anyone, other than an ME would say in the field its is a male or female.

A reporter saying Lee Anthony has been notified but the Anthony's are airborn, not landing for a couple more hours, and do not know yet.:confused: MSNBC Says when LE was asked if clothing was in the bag, the officer would not comment.

For some reason I feel very sick and I am at work. I can't believe how I am reacting to this news. I can't imagine how the Anthony's will react if it is Caylee. For some reason I just feel like I don't want to know. Believeing she is out there is better than knwoing she is dead. I guess.

I want her to be found so she can rest but - but wow this will be hard IF IT IS HER.

I wonder if KC has been told? Like to a fly on the wall at the jail.

I knew that they would find her at the high school hangout.....I JUST KNEW IT!!!

thinking of Cindy and George on that plane not knowing makesme sad. Cindy is going to lose her mind if it is Caylee.

i hope they are met at the airport and are taken away immediately so that spectators do not gather to holler at them before they are told.

That hair in the trunk will now be a huge player.

I can't believe this moment, this feeling. This is the day we have all wondered about. It came.

O/T...A painting that was done in memory of my son..theme is Jesus and the phrase little children come unto me..has been standing on the floor for 3 months, due to remodeling, as I was praying about this find the picture slammed faced down on the floor.

rozey-if that isn't a sign, then I don't know what in the world it could possibly be. Ten bucks says Casey's watching tv munching pork rinds and getting soooo irritated that all this breaking news coverage is interrupting soap opera time.

I heard Mandy from TES explain why they didn't work that area, it was fenced off by the land owner..Wow sounds like someone put it back later..Hope it is her

I wonder if the utility worker went behind the fence to relieve himself, and saw the bag?

It's a good thing it was not raining or not as hard when the utility worker decided to relieve himself in the woods. He may not have done that, and she may not have been found.

Sheriff's Office securing Anthony house. They think Mallory, Lee's girlfriend is there, and someone else pulled up into the garage.

Minute-To-Minute Update

11:49 a.m.: George and Cindy Anthony say Caylee is still alive.
11:48 a.m.: OCSO Angelo Nieves says the Anthonys have been notified.
11:46 a.m.: FBI lab will examine the remains.

My heart really goes out to the grandparents.

I can't believe how strongly I'm reacting to this. I sadly never thought she would be found. I am so happy that she can be laid to rest properly and memorialized, but I am so shaken and disturbed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly