Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When OSBI took DNA samples from the community, they probably didn't take the ministers. Being a minister, who would ever think he could commit a crime like this. I'm sure they have it now.

That is exactly what she said. So they have DNA but they can find no match.

Wouldn't it be nice if they asked everyone in the community to come in and give their DNA. Then if some did not show up they could go ask them why they were refusing.

I remember a case over in England on Forensic Files. A young girl was raped and killed and police sent out notices to everyone in that village to come in and give their DNA. One man paid another guy to go take the test in his place but he boasted about it in a bar and the waitress told police and they brought him in and his DNA matched.

They need a break like that in this case. I still think the killer or killers are from that general area.

Or it really is the guy in the composite and he is long gone by now.

imoo
Oceanblueeyes: Very good suggestion!!
Lets hope LE would not be Naive enough to skip the preachers, males 13 and over, LE or the girls family members when taking the DNA...

It is stated in the article they did interview the pastor early on in this case. However, it didn't say they took any type of DNA sample from him.

With the backlog for testing, maybe this process is taking an unusual amount of time for a comparison.

Don't forget the pastor is also a member of the Creek Tribe and the church is an Indian church. This would mean the intial POI could be associated with him. The pastor's proclivities for young girls may not make him the killer, but provide the motive.

But if you combine these three things; the killers are young locals, LE has DNA, and the crime is still unsolved, then these investigators have taken incompetence to a new level.

I don't agree. They are like many investigators all across our country, who also have had to wait years until a DNA profile hits a match.

They have to have probable cause to obtain DNA from anyone. I was talking about how they did it in England and the village obliged. They did not have to give their DNA up though if they had not wanted to do so. We have those same rules of law in our own country.

Evidently the DNA profile taken from the crime scene is not matching any data bank they have entered it in.

That would mean that the suspect(s) has never had a DNA sample taken. Which tends to show me, this killer or killers are young people, who have not been in the penal system before doing these murderous acts.

It may take years to solve this case just like so many other cold cases. LE hopes that these suspects will one day commit another crime and then they will have the DNA link they need to link this crime back to them.

imoo

It is stated in the article they did interview the pastor early on in this case. However, it didn't say they took any type of DNA sample from him.

With the backlog for testing, maybe this process is taking an unusual amount of time for a comparison.

Don't forget the pastor is also a member of the Creek Tribe and the church is an Indian church. This would mean the initial POI could be associated with him. The pastor's proclivities for young girls may not make him the killer, but provide the motive.

I bet when he was arrested they did take his DNA. If they have their dna profile from the crime scene already, then matching it to the Pastor's would only take about 3 or 4 days.

imoo

I bet when he was arrested they did take his DNA. If they have their dna profile from the crime scene already, then matching it to the Pastor's would only take about 3 or 4 days.

imoo
Of course they did, but we have a severe backlog here for testing so I think the 3 or 4 days is overly optimistic.

I don't agree. They are like many investigators all across our country, who also have had to wait years until a DNA profile hits a match.

They have to have probable cause to obtain DNA from anyone. I was talking about how they did it in England and the village obliged. They did not have to give their DNA up though if they had not wanted to do so. We have those same rules of law in our own country.

Evidently the DNA profile taken from the crime scene is not matching any data bank they have entered it in.

That would mean that the suspect(s) has never had a DNA sample taken. Which tends to show me, this killer or killers are young people, who have not been in the penal system before doing these murderous acts.

It may take years to solve this case just like so many other cold cases. LE hopes that these suspects will one day commit another crime and then they will have the DNA link they need to link this crime back to them.

imoo

This is my point. Too many investigations these days are nothing more than collecting data at a crime scene and then hitting the enter key on a computer once in a while to process the data.

In the Brianna Dennison case in Reno they were looking for a needle in a haystack even though they had DNA. They needed a name to solve that case.

Because of where this crime happened, if they think the killers were young locals, they can make a list of names. They just need to work the list.

It could be they do have DNA and they figure whoever committed this crime will most certainly be arrested for something else some day and then they will get the match they need. I think this was too nasty of a crime to just run the DNA when somebody has some free time.

Hello Boots. :blowkiss:

I have been reading here on this board continuously. I have not forgotten about these two young girls and still hope and pray that justice will be done.

Most killers unless they are nomadic killers, such as serial killers, usually kill in areas they are familiar with to some extent.

I still continue to think, right now someone is among the community, that either knows who did this or hides their own wrongdoings.

imoo

It is a very scary thought to realize this person may still be walking among their midst. Who do you trust?

This poor town has had it's fair share of being in the news lately but not about the girls. :(

When OSBI took DNA samples from the community, they probably didn't take the ministers. Being a minister, who would ever think he could commit a crime like this. I'm sure they have it now.

You would hope that they wouldn't rule anyone out because of "status", that includes ministers and LE.

I can't remember if casings were found at the scene, but they could hold DNA from when they were loaded into the gun.

I didn't know a DNA sample can yield the nationality of the person it came from.

Could the girls have possibly caught the minister in the act of having a sexual encounter with someone else, he saw them and knew he'd been caught and then he hired someone else from the tribe to kill them?

This is my point. Too many investigations these days are nothing more than collecting data at a crime scene and then hitting the enter key on a computer once in a while to process the data.

In the Brianna Dennison case in Reno they were looking for a needle in a haystack even though they had DNA. They needed a name to solve that case.

Because of where this crime happened, if they think the killers were young locals, they can make a list of names. They just need to work the list.

It could be they do have DNA and they figure whoever committed this crime will most certainly be arrested for something else some day and then they will get the match they need. I think this was too nasty of a crime to just run the DNA when somebody has some free time.

Albert, I really hope this isn't the way our LE works! Just running DNA when they have some free time.

Albert, I really hope this isn't the way our LE works! Just running DNA when they have some free time.
We basically only have two labs here for forensic testing such as this for the OSBI (to my knowledge). One is located in OKC and the other in Tulsa. The Tulsa Lab is having financial trouble (is under investigation at the moment) and has for the past few years. They were even going to close it last year and send ALL of the work to OKC which meant even more of a backlog.

Suffice it to say, there is a substantial backlog in running DNA and doing other testing here. If you do not have staff and money to do them...they don't get done in a timely fashion much to the dismay of our LE departments across the state.

We basically only have two labs here for forensic testing such as this for the OSBI (to my knowledge). One is located in OKC and the other in Tulsa. The Tulsa Lab is having financial trouble (is under investigation at the moment) and has for the past few years. They were even going to close it last year and send ALL of the work to OKC which meant even more of a backlog.

Suffice it to say, there is a substantial backlog in running DNA and doing other testing here. If you do not have staff and money to do them...they don't get done in a timely fashion much to the dismay of our LE departments across the state.

Thank you, SS, for the information. Now my hope has diminished that any DNA recovered from this crime will be checked anytime soon.

Could the girls have possibly caught the minister in the act of having a sexual encounter with someone else, he saw them and knew he'd been caught and then he hired someone else from the tribe to kill them?

YellowDog, I think it's VERY possible that the girls caught him in the act. But, I think the person who was with him, might have shot the girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur