Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think if any of them had one inkling who may have been capable of killing these little girls they would tell. I refuse to believe that they would protect the murderer of their own kin and her little friend.

I didn't say anything about protecting the murderer. I think that if they knew who did it, the murderer better hope the police finds them before they (or their associates) do.

How often do people on here read about some horrible murder and say things like "I hope that killer gets what he deserves" or "he should have to go through that exact same thing" these are just people reading about it, not people living it and they feel that strongly. Now what if it were their family and they had access to the people, places and things to make that statement actually happen? Would they tell the police and let them get carted off to jail, or put them and their loved ones through the hell they are going through...while also sending a "don't fxxx with my family" message to everyone that's listening? I'm not saying that's what's going on here... I'm just saying it's a possibility.

I'm afraid they are never going to find who did this and why.

I agree with you. I think that they would already have made more progress if this crime was ever going to solved. I know that I am feeling this way in part because I am getting impatient, but I really feel that this will go unsolved.

I keep thinking of the lunatic from that movie No Country For Old Men when I try and wrap my head around this case. Was this POI just a nut that went off? So far, none of the theories make any sense to me. Why would something like this happen? It just hard to understand.

They may not want to lay out their misgivings but if they have been a part of the justice system themselves already they know how it works and that LE would be going to check them out fully anyway. So lying would be rather stupid imo when no one knows how the system works better than they would.

I still think if any of them had one inkling who may have been capable of killing these little girls they would tell. I refuse to believe that they would protect the murderer of their own kin and her little friend.

And not one of these men have crimes against children that I have read. Children may be the only thing they find valuable.

imo
I consider making meth, selling drugs and inviting addicts, convicted felons and criminals into your home crimes against children. Maybe those things don't kill children outright in cold blood, but they can be (and have proven to be) just as deadly to children.

And Hmm, perp has already killed two children in cold blood - and many of the family ALSO have children and grandchildren - do you protect the LIVING children and family members and keep your mouth shut, or talk and HOPE LE can protect you and your family long enough to capture the perp (or perhaps perps - plural)? That would be a difficult choice and its OBVIOUS that the Placker family is understandably scared already - based on the report that police were at their home recently because of a possible UNSUB skulking around the house.

I dunno - it would be a hard choice for ANYONE, much less people who have mostly been on the WRONG side of the law.

My Opinion

Maybe he walked cause gas is almost $4.00/ gal. and it was less than a 1/2 mile.

Country girl weighing in on this. In his situation (assuming he doesn't have health problems) I would have walked also. At the end of my driveway is a fairly straight county road (recently paved) and if I was expecting my daughter to be walking home on it and I walked to the end of the driveway and didn't see her I would start walking and calling her name, not go back and get the car. Walking 1/2 a mile is nothing, especially on a shaded country road.

Newbie here. I have to agree with FlowerChild, with all the illegal activities the Plackers have been invloved in, I just can't see them telling the LE the truth about their life, associates, secrets, etc. Life long criminals don't do that.
Also agree, that the investigators have been way too quite. And, I fear the killer(s) won't be caught.

Exactly. It is extremely rare these days, almost unheard of to label anyone a suspect. This backlash started full force when the media labeled Richard Jewell a suspect. Since that time police are very careful and 99% of the time say they are looking for a POI.

Every case I can remember when they were looking for a POI. when found, they turned out to be the suspect.

Usually now if the police holds a PC and says they have a suspect there has already been an arrest warrant issued.

When Brown says when they find this POI she thinks the case can be resolved quickly means IMO he is the one they do suspect.

imo
I have to agree on all aspects. LE does know more than we do.The family aspect does not ring true to me considering what they have been involved with and their given testimony. I am still going on the thrill kill aspect given the short amount of time and no valid reason. We have seen lots of cases where it wasn't apparent but it did happen. This family has its doubts, no question, but do the doubts indicate murder of 2 young girls?

I agree we don't need to know what was said just the logistics of the call.

At this time, IMO, if LE decides to release the timing of the call, the length of time it took between the 911 call and EMT's to show up...that's all that matters at this time. I do not believe we need to hear what the tapes recorded.

I think they refer to this guy as a POI because once you are a *suspect* you are afforded certain rights. Rights that they do not want this guy to have at this time.

I doubt that you will ever see anyone labeled a "suspect" anymore.

As many have mentioned, the Richard Jewel case changed everything. If the authorities call you a "suspect" and are not able to charge you, LE is LIABLE for a large cash settlement to the person they have wrongly identified ruining their reputation.

If you had innocently stopped on the road and truly did not commit a crime, would you like to have your reputation and business scarred by being called a "suspect"? Most would not.

Why toy with putting a million dollar settlement in the mix? They are being prudent as I'm sure their attorney's have advised.

Are we confident LE will solve this, or is anybody starting to get a little worried?

SNIP.
I still do not think someone targeted Taylor to get even with the family.
Very interesting to look at, though.

I don't think this was a payback crime.
I don't think this was a drive by shooting.
I think it's something more sinister and personal. JMO

I don't think this was a payback crime.
I don't think this was a drive by shooting.
I think it's something more sinister and personal. JMO

I would like to hear more about personal and sinister. :) I hadnt thought of that yet.

I have been trying to put together a scenario that fits with what OSBI is saying about the POI and how the crime scene was laid out and I think I have a possibility.

The POI was part of a group. They came down the road in the white vehicle and pulled at an angle in front of the girls. Two of them jumped out and grabbed the girls while the POI acted as a lookout. The vehicle with the witnesses came along so they cool it for a while. The witnesses only see the lookout, the POI. He has to stay out front to make sure the people don't stop to see what is going on.

After the vehicle passes they wait a few minutes and then the girls are shot.

Here is what fits.

In their public statements, OSBI is telling the POI we don't think you were one of the triggermen so we don't want you, we only want the shooters. They must think there were two shooters and the POI.

It also explains why the girls were not found right on the edge of the road where they were probably walking and why it doesn't appear like they tried to run. And it also explains why they dropped where they were shot. They were probably given a killing head shot first while being held. They then must have made sure the girls were lying face up and then unloaded on them.

If this is what happened, there should be enough physical evidence to suggest they have it right.

This is a completely sickening scenario.

Newbie here. I have to agree with FlowerChild, with all the illegal activities the Plackers have been invloved in, I just can't see them telling the LE the truth about their life, associates, secrets, etc. Life long criminals don't do that.
Also agree, that the investigators have been way too quite. And, I fear the killer(s) won't be caught.

Welcome Teeone! :)

I have been trying to put together a scenario that fits with what OSBI is saying about the POI and how the crime scene was laid out and I think I have a possibility.

The POI was part of a group. They came down the road in the white vehicle and pulled at an angle in front of the girls. Two of them jumped out and grabbed the girls while the POI acted as a lookout. The vehicle with the witnesses came along so they cool it for a while. The witnesses only see the lookout, the POI. He has to stay out front to make sure the people don't stop to see what is going on.

After the vehicle passes they wait a few minutes and then the girls are shot.

Here is what fits.

In their public statements, OSBI is telling the POI we don't think you were one of the triggermen so we don't want you, we only want the shooters. They must think there were two shooters and the POI.

It also explains why the girls were not found right on the edge of the road where they were probably walking and why it doesn't appear like they tried to run. And it also explains why they dropped where they were shot. They were probably given a killing head shot first while being held. They then must have made sure the girls were lying face up and then unloaded on them.

If this is what happened, there should be enough physical evidence to suggest they have it right.

This is a completely sickening scenario.

Well that certainly sounds more than plausible. I must agree there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaggieX