Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this incident wakes parents up to the dangers lurking on an isolated country road to children in general. The grandmother had the right idea and shouldn't have listened to Taylor, imo. I wouldn't have allowed it even if she screamed and cried about being "unfair" and "the other kids do it!". Things are not what they once were, but country roads aren't a good place for any female to be walking no matter what the age.

This just breaks my heart! I live in a big city where I would not let my children roam far without supervision. But I have seen pictures of the road where Sklya and Taylor were murdered in cold blood and before this, would have welcomed the opportunity for my children to take a stroll in such a place. :mad::mad::mad: Clearly - no place is safe anymore. Seems like the bad guys are winning.

Winning? This isn't a contest. Common sense needs to tell people that safety is something you do not take for granted especially with your children. A country road is isolated and anything can happen as we can now see quite clearly. Two little girls on a stretch of road where people are known to party, do drugs, and shoot off the bridges is not a great place to play.

No one has mentioned it, but I wonder if Skyla's mother would have allowed them to go to the bridge alone?

Winning? This isn't a contest. Common sense needs to tell people that safety is something you do not take for granted especially with your children. A country road is isolated and anything can happen as we can now see quite clearly. Two little girls on a stretch of road where people are known to party, do drugs, and shoot off the bridges is not a great place to play.

No one has mentioned it, but I wonder if Skyla's mother would have allowed them to go to the bridge alone?
We'll probably never know, but I'm gussing it would be "no". Everyone in that Town knew about the problems, just as we who live in a City know what areas we wouldn't let our kids walk alone.

O/T somewhat, but did anyone notice there is no Obit for little Taylor, and yet there is for Skyler.............or did I miss it somehow?

Looking at the new information posted in here about the Bandidos -- what if the man in the truck was not the level 3 sex offender, but was there only to pick up money and drop off an illegal weapon. He would be waiting to make sure nobody else found the weapon before the buyer could appear. The cue for the seller to leave would be when an atv vehicle appeared nearby. That could be why the man in the truck was sitting there waiting, doing nothing. Could have a weapon already hidden on other side of his truck or under his truck on the road. Then he left, and the local, who already had an older gun on him just in case the deal didn't go through, now ended up with two weapons instead of one. Then when he saw Skyler with Taylor, he panicked because one could get away if he didn't make sure so he did the overkill.
Still strongly feel it's a local who did this and that he's underage.

Looking at the new information posted in here about the Bandidos -- what if the man in the truck was not the level 3 sex offender, but was there only to pick up money and drop off an illegal weapon. He would be waiting to make sure nobody else found the weapon before the buyer could appear. The cue for the seller to leave would be when an atv vehicle appeared nearby. That could be why the man in the truck was sitting there waiting, doing nothing. Could have a weapon already hidden on other side of his truck or under his truck on the road. Then he left, and the local, who already had an older gun on him just in case the deal didn't go through, now ended up with two weapons instead of one. Then when he saw Skyler with Taylor, he panicked because one could get away if he didn't make sure so he did the overkill.
Still strongly feel it's a local who did this and that he's underage.
If he was just waiting, why would his truck be obstructing the road?

So did I, wasn't allowed on other Forums :confused:

I apologize. I didn't realize that, or I wouldn't have put anything coming from my intuition on here. I realize law enforcement officers have to have hard facts in order to form a case. But in defense of Claycat, myself, and anyone else on here who does use intuition and instinct, it is all meant with good intentions. I'm new to this forum. I should have studied its perimeters before I posted. Thank you for letting me know.

There are many people here who are offended by the notion and I won't be entirely surprised if they are up in arms when they see it. I know I upset some royally by bringing up the team that went to Aruba to search for NH. I am surprised they are now allowing it. I learn something new around here every day.

This just breaks my heart! I live in a big city where I would not let my children roam far without supervision. But I have seen pictures of the road where Sklya and Taylor were murdered in cold blood and before this, would have welcomed the opportunity for my children to take a stroll in such a place. :mad::mad::mad: Clearly - no place is safe anymore. Seems like the bad guys are winning.

Yeah it does. That has to end, now. I too would not have had a problem with two kids their ages walking down there. Do we really think if the girls had told their parents about stuff going on down there, they would have been allowed to continue? No way. We all have to keep in mind too, it was a Sunday afternoon, not Friday night. I certainly feel no negligence on the part of the parents whom knew where they were going, and had gone daily.

If he was just waiting, why would his truck be obstructing the road?

Because he wouldn't know which direction law enforcement or other types of unexpected trouble for him could appear. That would be my thought. Depends on how the truck was situated, he could leave out in either direction without having to spend time doing a complete about-face on a narrow lane. A career criminal would know how to do this, to make fast getaways. He would park so he could wheel out on pavement in either direction quite quickly. Wouldn't want to risk getting stuck in a ditch, either.

just my opinion.

The neighbors knew what was going on...so why didn't the grandparents?! The neighbors have discussed it openly to the media about the drugs and the drunks laying in the middle of the road. Not placing blame, but I do think it is warning to parents who may otherwise think it is a good idea to turn their kids loose on a country road especially when there are known problems.

Found it here at Find a Grave http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2320089&postcount=7

It says:
She was preceded in death by maternal grandparents Ruby and Carl Paschal, and by her paternal grandparents, Petra and Arvie Placker.

So, from that information I think what everyone is referring to as grandparents, are indeed her parents!

Because he wouldn't know which direction law enforcement or other types of unexpected trouble for him could appear. That would be my thought. Depends on how the truck was situated, he could leave out in either direction without having to spend time doing a complete about-face on a narrow lane. A career criminal would know how to do this, to make fast getaways. He would park so he could wheel out on pavement in either direction quite quickly. Wouldn't want to risk getting stuck in a ditch, either.

just my opinion.
Okay, got you! :)

just my opinion.
There were only slight ditches and this was a country dirt road. I was under the impression he was outside by the driver's side door. If he was crouched, I would have to guess he was in full view since the witnesses could describe in detail all of his clothing and the back of his truck was facing the road because they could see he had an OK license plate.

I apologize. I didn't realize that, or I wouldn't have put anything coming from my intuition on here. I realize law enforcement officers have to have hard facts in order to form a case. But in defense of Claycat, myself, and anyone else on here who does use intuition and instinct, it is all meant with good intentions. I'm new to this forum. I should have studied its perimeters before I posted. Thank you for letting me know.
Nothing to apologize for PGW, if Christine has allowed it, it's her call as the MOD for this Forum.

Yes, it is a contest. If our children are not safe ANYWHERE in the United States of America, the bad guys are winning. Every generation has a more limited level of freedom than the last. I did not have the same freedoms that my parents did, and my children have not had the same that I did. If children are not safe walking a country road or riding their bikes in their own neighborhoods, the bad guys are winning. Are you kidding me?

Found it here at Find a Grave http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2320089&postcount=7

It says:
She was preceded in death by maternal grandparents Ruby and Carl Paschal, and by her paternal grandparents, Petra and Arvie Placker.

So, from that information I think what everyone is referring to as grandparents, are indeed her parents!

Petra and Arvie Placker were the parents of Peter Placker. But, Peter and Vickie Placker are referred to in the media articles as Taylor's grandparents/legal guardians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState