Sleuthing Cindy's Depo & Baez Objections to Sealed Items

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's my conclusion. So, why did Judge Strickland in a previous in conference hearing determine that no conflict of interest existed b/w JB and KC? That entire issue was to resolve any door KC could use later to appeal. JB swore to the judge as an officer of the court that he was not selling photos and such when we already new about the Ritz deal which took place the very weekend Caylee's remains were found. And why is JB not behind bars?

Novice Seeker

Because KC took pics to JB's office, and those pics were sold, and the monies used to pay the defense team (please note it's not just JB but the entire defense team being paid this way IMO - otherwise how would the rest of the expensive team members be getting paid?), does not mean that JB directly was involved in the sale.

JB likely introduced KC to a broker who handles the deals.

The primary concern in an attorney's involvement in this sort of thing, from my understanding, is whether the attorney is paid on a contingency basis that is dependent on the outcome of the trial. That was the SAs primary concern from a legal standpoint, if I recall my research at the time (and prior based on rumors) correctly.

Regardless of what Strickland, the SA, us, anybody, thinks of this from a moral/human decency standpoint, nobody can do anything unless and until proof is provided that a law has been violated by defense team members. :-(

please be cautious about rumors. thanks.

also:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80310"]Contacting Case Players - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

what each of you do offboard is of course up to you. But please do not post any references to what you may choose to do or mention Websleuths in your activities as though you are doing something on our behalf or as our representative.

Thanks.

Why do you say PRIOR?
I didn't read into the statement that it would have been prior? in fact, prior doesn't sound nearly as bad as after july 15th

You know, I was thinking George saw something when he looked in that car at the towing company too. He said he looked all through it and if there was any blood on that carseat, you can bet Cindy washed it along with everything else she washed.

But if there was blood in the car, wouldn't the tow lot dude have seen it?

Because KC took pics to JB's office, and those pics were sold, and the monies used to pay the defense team (please note it's not just JB but the entire defense team being paid this way IMO - otherwise how would the rest of the expensive team members be getting paid?), does not mean that JB directly was involved in the sale.

The primary concern in an attorney's involvement in this sort of thing, from my understanding, is whether the attorney is paid on a contingency basis that is dependent on the outcome of the trial. That was the SAs primary concern from a legal standpoint, if I recall my research at the time (and prior based on rumors) correctly.

Regardless of what Strickland, the SA, us, anybody, thinks of this from a moral/human decency standpoint, nobody can do anything unless and until proof is provided that a law has been violated by defense team members. :-(

I think that the reason there is suspicion that JB himself brokered the photos is because early on in the case he consulted with an ethics attorney. It would not be unethical for another broker to handle the transaction in JB's office since KC was currently represented by JB. JB going the extra step to consult with an ethics attorney indicates his concern with it being a problem at all. While not illegal, the use of Caylee's image in exchange for monies to fund her accused murderers defense, does not sit well with many people. JB's laziness and ill preparation in major motions and hearings has been evident. His actively seeking ethics consultation is a big red flag. JMO

We do know that shortly after the hearing on how the defense was being paid,JS filed a complaint aganst JB with the Bar.Don't know why.
Also,just the public or a jury hearing that KC sold images of Caylee after being charged with her murder,will be damaging to KC's image as a caring mother.Makes her look pretty cold and heartless,IMO.But you're right,it probably isn't against the law.

Maybe the tow guy never looked into the car..and maybe only noticed when more closely examined. If there was any blood.

Yes, you could be right. It might not have been that noticeable looking in the window, especially if the blood dried. Also depends on the pattern of the car seat/cover.

that's interesting, I'll have to look at that again to see what kind of scientist she mentioned.

of course a tooth could be knocked out if Caylee was hit or beaten, the tooth could be knocked out during the taping itself if it was violent, and she could have any kind of soft tissue damage resulting in death (strangling, stabbing, even shooting, among others) without there being any damage to the skeleton. A "broken neck" doesn't have to involve any broken bones.

Correct......a broken neck usually mean damage to the spinal cord. BUT......without a spinal cord to examine we can't assume "broken neck".

Sorry, I haven't read thru the whole thread and I'm probably not the first to suggest this, but couldn't the problem Baez had with the pictures of the lists simply have been that it was his hand writting or Lyon's on the list to the right? Wouldn't that have caused him to be concerned about attorney/client privilege if SA listed privileged notes entered as an exhibit? Maybe he didn't want Cindy to comment further on it so he would have an opportunity to dispute its being admitted as an exhibit after the depo? KWIM?

Also, if the front tooth was lost due to some trauma, I believe blood stain would be located in the root or bone. Just speculating..

Just reviewing the Hoover depo thread [with J Morgan] and saw a post concerning JB getting paid for VIDEOS of Caylee.$200,000-$225,000
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81998"]Hoover & D. Casey Depos in Gonzales Case - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
post #14 by SearchforTruth

Thanks JSR! This is what I was envisioning when talking to ThoughtElf about it in the Computer Forensics thread.

Any idea of cost, even ballpark? Doesn't list it on the site. PM me, don't want to take this thread off track too much - :)

If you need money to buy this we can all pitch in, it is not fair that you use your own money to do so much for us here!

I think interpreting the handwriting on the 2nd document somehow will translate into connecting who requested that KC take pics and videos from the home and how KC is paying for her defense.
Mainly, it had me thinking of some of the players we haven't heard from in a while and now looking back, the whirl of activity in November 2008 may hold some answers.

Garrison (LG) - became spokesperson for CA & GA 15-Aug-08. Resigns and gets fired 12-Nov-08
Nejame (MN) - begins as legal advisor to the A's on or about 15-18 Aug-08, resigns 20-Nov-08
Hoover & DC search Suburban remains site 15-Nov-08

In September 2008, Black (TB) Press Corps Media says there is national organizations and groups and about a dozen invididuals helping JB and that all had signed a confidentiality agreement.

In his depo, Hoover says DC told him that JB was paid $200k by ABC.
For his part, DC claims he stopped working for JB because JB refused to pay him.

ABC said it paid licensing fees for photos and videos but would not say to whom the monies were paid.

MN produces LG invoice with Dateline NBC for the sum of $6500 licensing fee. MN says LG did not have photos to sell.
CA states she felt 'betrayed' when she learned of this. (IIRC CA was not questioned about this specifically by SA).

Note that LG was already on scene when KC was first bonded out in August.

For consideration: Was LG the middle man playing both sides of the fence, setting up national interviews for the A's then turning around and using the videos-pics provided by JB, negotiating (and accepting) licensing fees for these to be broadcast during the A's interviews, turn around and pay JB via another source, all to benefit KC's defense? Is this one of the reasons JB consults an ethics advisor?
(If so, is LG still under JB's hat for continued licensing negotiations or has he been replaced?)
When he exposed LG, MN says his clients were 'walked into a snake pit'.

When MN agreed to be the A's legal advisor, he clearly stated that he was in no way shape or form representing KC. He also said he would not continue on if he learned that any of them were making money off of Caylee. In another video he adds 'particularly if Caylee was found not to be with us anymore'.
http://www.wftv.com/video/18027694/index.html

What was the unspoken reason for MN's resignation? He is extremely ethical therefore, did he resign because he learned that the A's were possibly aware that KC was using Caylee pics to finance her defense? Or, he learned that someone in the A family was aware of the location of the remains (ref: CA 'I already sent my people to search that area in November... ' and-or without clearing it with him first? All or none of the above apply?
We know that backroom $ deals were being made by someone on KC-JB behalf, we also know that DC went looking in the very area where Caylee was found.
So, DC quits working for JB early October and begins working for the A's.
LG quits (and is fired) in November, MN resigns in November, DC searches remains area in November.
IMO, I'm guessing that much was known in November by all these players, that has yet to be disclosed though we will never hear more from MN due to attorney-client privilege. But I assume more is yet to come from the other players.

Food for thought and all imo :twocents:. Hope my post isn't too confusing.
Here are a few other supporting links.

http://daliagirl33.wordpress.com/2008/11/12/nejame-on-garrison/

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ey-anthony-caylee-marie-anthony-dominic-casey

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com..._cindy-anthony-casey-anthony-george-and-cindy

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/8/15/casey_anthony_to_bond_out_of_jail.html?refresh=1

banzai

Your post is right on - and very much in sync with what many of us have been thinking. Another co-hink-a-dink that I've always found odd is the fact that TES came prepared on Nov 7 to search "as long as it takes" - MN has to have a special meeting in his office with TM and CA because she is on the warpath that he and his group is there, and then TES searches Sat and Sun - in areas that are far away from Suburban - and suddenly leaves on Monday. LP applies heat by staging the JBP diving incident (perhaps to provoke a reaction, or lack thereof by KC that can be compared later), holds a memorial and leaves. Friday LE is observed at the Anthony home by some of Murt's bloggers and Saturday a.m. bright and early JH is told by DC he knows where Caylee is, and is filmed stabbing plastic bags and muttering about three pavers a few hundred feet away from the body.

However, the Florida Mall sighting was also happening on that Sunday (when DC made his second trip into the woods). If that was staged, I can see it would have been a bone of contention with MN certainly, because he quit that week. Also CA looks absolutely terrible at the press conference MB gave regarding the sighting (at which they were careful to say they doubted the little girl at the mall was Caylee).

Yep, that whole week is hinkalicious if you ask me.

I am wondering if the defense is going to try to implicate Cindy (and/or George) and this might have something to do with that. Because just after all this, both AL and JB question Cindy and want to know specifics about the immunity that was offered to her. Pure speculation.

It isn't a stretch to imagine they result to this.

banzai

Your post is right on - and very much in sync with what many of us have been thinking. Another co-hink-a-dink that I've always found odd is the fact that TES came prepared on Nov 7 to search "as long as it takes" - MN has to have a special meeting in his office with TM and CA because she is on the warpath that he and his group is there, and then TES searches Sat and Sun - in areas that are far away from Suburban - and suddenly leaves on Monday. LP applies heat by staging the JBP diving incident (perhaps to provoke a reaction, or lack thereof by KC that can be compared later), holds a memorial and leaves. Friday LE is observed at the Anthony home by some of Murt's bloggers and Saturday a.m. bright and early JH is told by DC he knows where Caylee is, and is filmed stabbing plastic bags and muttering about three pavers a few hundred feet away from the body.

However, the Florida Mall sighting was also happening on that Sunday (when DC made his second trip into the woods). If that was staged, I can see it would have been a bone of contention with MN certainly, because he quit that week. Also CA looks absolutely terrible at the press conference MB gave regarding the sighting (at which they were careful to say they doubted the little girl at the mall was Caylee).

Yep, that whole week is hinkalicious if you ask me.
I have always been convinced that the events in November, if all was to be revealed, would answer many of our questions. I believe MN left the A's because he found out that they had information regarding the where abouts of Caylee's remains. The timing of all this is too coincidental. Another related factor in MN's departure from the A's, I believe, was the fact that they were pushing these Caylee sightings while he knew they may have info to the contrary.

MN was at the briefing held by TES the night before the November search. MN was also at the search the next morning. He obviously, at that point, was interested in Caylee being found and not buying the A's "Caylee is alive mantra".

Not to mention that Dominic was searching the exact area where Caylee was found, a month before she was found by Roy K. This search of Dominics was about a week or so after the big TES search...maybe someone got nervous about the TES search and the information was transferred among the A's in or before that time frame.

We do know that shortly after the hearing on how the defense was being paid,JS filed a complaint aganst JB with the Bar.Don't know why.
Also,just the public or a jury hearing that KC sold images of Caylee after being charged with her murder,will be damaging to KC's image as a caring mother.Makes her look pretty cold and heartless,IMO.But you're right,it probably isn't against the law.

And if body language means anything, take another look at that hearing. When Judge SS is questioning KC...JB looks like he is scared to death KC is going to answer wrong. At least that's my interpretation at the time. I remember thinking that at the time it was going on and I still think it when I watch that hearing. moo

Does anyone know where to find that court hearing? The one that discussed her being able to go "secret" places with JB and the one that discussed the financials of how the defense was getting paid? I can't find it. TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abs2021
Back