SM as a potential focus of the investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC its the adoptive dad who is now divorced from Terri who pays the child support regularly for his adopted son, even tho they are not still together. He is one off those rare decent men who lives up to his responsibilities. Refreshing, IMO.
Thanks for clearing up my confusion. Wonder why Richard Ecker doesn't see the boy. Lots of questions that still confuse me.

http://www.katu.com/news/79592907.html

Exact numbers are hard to find but it is believed, in addition to all the adults, hundreds of local girls and even boys are victims of prostitution.

Police said they encounter up to five cases a week.

There are “little girls and boys that are being raped daily and there are men out there and sometimes women that are looking for that,” said Keith Bickford, a Multnomah County Sheriff’s deputy and the head of the Oregon Human Trafficking Task Force.

This information was in the comments of an Oregonian article. The comment was written by an anonymous person. It's strictly a rumor; it was never in any article.

:laugh: BRB ..... That is a joke :) There are hundreds of articles on Kyron, and I am still looking for the article about Terri calling from across the gym. I know it is there ...I read it, it was in some of the older articles when the school starting speaking out. I will find it !!!! :crazy:

It may be easy to sell a child there, but how would one go about it?

Your average middle class mother, it seems to me, would have no idea how to do that. I wouldn't. I don't think it is as simple as merely standing on a street corner in a bad part of town and asking passersby if they want to buy a child.

Or am I just naive and most people know how to go about selling children?

Not only that, but wouldn't a child who would definitely be searched for not be the best buy? If I were buying a child, I'd want to buy one that no one cares about. Otherwise, the risk to me would be far too high.

Unfortunately, it is probably easier than you think esp. if anyone buys street drugs like meth or steroids they would know of someone who would be in the know. Portland has a very seedy underbelly it doesn't take much digging to find it esp. downtown.
I have been avoiding thinking that this could have been the case.

I would assume that the sources of the information are the people whose names are clearly quoted in the article. These people's knowledge of the family must be far greater than anyone posting here on WS, as I have only seen one poster here that claims to have had even a small connection to the family. The newspaper located these various people at different places and times and cities.....it is consistent information from one person to another. Her teaching experience and college education is easy to verify by official records, as are dates of marriage and divorce. I see no justification to believe these people or the news source are conspiring to lie to the public.

jmo

Here's a list of all the named sources in that article.

Terri's friend since jr. high school
Terri's mother
Terri's father
Terri's first husband
Terri's second husband
Kaine's "adoptive dad"
"former wife of Kaine's brother Kristian"
a man who "runs a swimming pool" and taught Kyron and J to swim.

Obviously, Desiree's and Tony's friends and family did not contribute to that extremely slanted piece.

http://www.katu.com/news/79592907.html

Exact numbers are hard to find but it is believed, in addition to all the adults, hundreds of local girls and even boys are victims of prostitution.

Police said they encounter up to five cases a week.

There are “little girls and boys that are being raped daily and there are men out there and sometimes women that are looking for that,” said Keith Bickford, a Multnomah County Sheriff’s deputy and the head of the Oregon Human Trafficking Task Force.

OMG- I had no idea about this! I work in an inner city and thought I had seen and heard it all- 5 cases a week? that is insane and unacceptable...wth? how is anyone getting away with this?

I'm befuddled by the skepticism about an article in a mainstream newspaper -- with reporting done by four separate people. Four different journalists contributed to this piece and did a lot of reporting - it is time-consuming and not easy to track down so many different people and try to get a very convoluted story straight.

Also, it's a story on SM, Kyron and her/their family history -- *of course* the people quoted are going to be related to her and friends of hers. That's what professional journalists do to try to get the full picture of something; they go to people close to the situation and get information. Plus, everybody in the article is named -- there are *no* anonymous sources. Why would you go to a random person to comment on the SM? That doesn't make sense and doesn't lend credence to your story.

As someone mentioned before, information in the article is also available via public records or available via court records. They didn't gloss over anything; if they wanted it to be storybook, I'm guessing they would have omitted the bit about the DUI.

Just because the article doesn't seem to fit with what many people believe or want to believe, doesn't make it false or storybook. To me, it read like the Oregonian trying to dispel rumors and report on facts -- something this case has been short on since day one.

Every named source in that story was a friend or family member of Terri's. I would be interested in a friend of Desiree's description of the events surrounding her divorce from Kaine and Terri's moving in with him.
I agree with your characterization of it as "storybook."

In addition, I think the article just highlights how complicated, confusing and unorthodox -- one of a kind -- this case really is. To have her be a focus of the investigation is almost cognitive dissonance; it doesn't make sense. That's why I think it's so fascinating and why it's drawing so much interest -- it's truly unique.

This information was in the comments of an Oregonian article. The comment was written by an anonymous person. It's strictly a rumor; it was never in any article.

OK my peeps please. The alleged gym yelling...... it is a rumor. Let's be responsible and leave it out until it is confirmed by a media source. Thanks...... it can just muddy up our minds and our theories and what we think if we have misinformation.

And my mind is cloudy enough :crazy::crazy: :floorlaugh: :blowkiss: You are all doing great today.

Hang on real information will be coming fast and furious soon IMO. :cow:

Mystic my dear thank you for looking. REST NOW. :biggrin:

Here's a list of all the named sources in that article.

Terri's friend since jr. high school
Terri's mother
Terri's father
Terri's first husband
Terri's second husband
Kaine's "adoptive dad"
"former wife of Kaine's brother Kristian"
a man who "runs a swimming pool" and taught Kyron and J to swim.

Obviously, Desiree's and Tony's friends and family did not contribute to that extremely slanted piece.

Not sure I understand why these sources are any less credible than the random opinions/rumor/gossip read all over the net. TIA

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._family_f.html

BTW, I cannot believe that LE would spend the money for Blackhawk helicopters and then continue to search Sauvie if they don't have a darn good reason.

Money is tight nowadays.
Hi Human, That is about what Officer Jensen said, they aren't searching at SI by accident and they think they will find something there.

Am I the only one that "picks up" on KH's angry looks in these press conferences? I don't think that he exhibited much closeness or support for TH either. I wish Lillian Glass would weigh in on both KH and TH in these pressers.

You're not the only one, but in trying to stay balanced, I tried looking at his expression from another POV...

My husband has worked outdoors most of his career (Navy + Fire Dept) and his skin is a scandal. He also has *the* deepest crease between his brows that forever looks like a scowl. He 'looks' angry most of the time.
As we were getting to know each other, I forgot that a lot.

I know we all project our own 'stuff' on these details, but when I took into account that Kaine might just have one of those creases, it changed how I interpret his 'look'.

(I did notice though, that in the flier photo of Terri, where Kaine has his arm around her, their bodies aren't touching. When my DH puts his arm around me to comfort, he draws me all the way close to him. Again, personal experience coloring what I see in the photos.)

Come on guys...... we are starting to stray into Terri's personal life again too far. Too invasive...... stop dropping non news items into this thread. Clean it up and keep it clean.
If you can't link to it you can't discuss it. It is that simple.....

I say they all 4 know something, and it affects Terri in an awful way that could be read as guilt, but could also be read as remorse that she herself brought this horror into all their lives, but did not herself cause the disappearance of Kyron.

Does that make sense?

Yes, and +1.. I totally agree.
Unfortunately, we're not discussing that. Yet.

I'm befuddled by the skepticism about an article in a mainstream newspaper -- with reporting done by four separate people. Four different journalists contributed to this piece and did a lot of reporting - it is time-consuming and not easy to track down so many different people and try to get a very convoluted story straight.

Also, it's a story on SM, Kyron and her/their family history -- *of course* the people quoted are going to be related to her and friends of hers. That's what professional journalists do to try to get the full picture of something; they go to people close to the situation and get information. Plus, everybody in the article is named -- there are *no* anonymous sources. Why would you go to a random person to comment on the SM? That doesn't make sense and doesn't lend credence to your story.

As someone mentioned before, information in the article is also available via public records or available via court records. They didn't gloss over anything; if they wanted it to be storybook, I'm guessing they would have omitted the bit about the DUI.

Just because the article doesn't seem to fit with what many people believe or want to believe, doesn't make it false or storybook. To me, it read like the Oregonian trying to dispel rumors and report on facts -- something this case has been short on since day one.

When an article is titled, "Kyron Horman's blended family: Friends describe a close, supportive group," I expect there to be sources from friends other than those closely associated with only one side of the blended family. It makes me believe that oregonlive did not attempt to use any sources who are associates of Desiree and Tony. It makes me question the reporter's impartiality.
I think your comment about the information being in the court records explains why the bit about the DUI was left in the otherwise rosy narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321