SM as a potential focus of the investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they find him, but fear they might not and then wonder if they have enough to arrest anyone? We really have no idea what they have or do not have, do we?
ita, we have no idea what sort of evidence they have. one thing that i keep coming around to is that they have enough to know there is low risk that anyone else is in danger. that, imo, is a strong statement by LE. they must have some idea, otherwise there is possibly somebody out there who could take another child at any moment. that is not low risk.

LOL, this night shift crew member is leaving work early tonight, I am ill and tired tonight....
Goodnight all, Happy Fathers day to all the dads, and Goodnight Kyron. God bless you Kyron and everyone here.

So perhaps Terri really does want to hit the gym - and to have her say that on her FB is now just a little less weird. After all, we can see this is a person is a gym rat, for sure. Terri did not look like an athlete to me, in her jeans & t-shirt, (who can tell?) - but clearly she was/is a person dedicated to some very serious workouts.

I bet she feels crappy when she misses workouts, and her workouts make her feel better.. I know a female body builder... It's a commitment. Like runners. They need to run - it makes them feel better.

I wonder ... if she were a runner, and she went for a quick run several days after Kyron went missing, - left the house to just have a run - then returned - would we still say how dare she?

Probably. :rolleyes:

Thinking of the McCanns now...

she definitely was 5 years ago though...
http://tour.ftvideo.com/view.php?i=content/genex/contests/2005/emerald/181189_jpg.jpg&t=7&l=38&s=6

so I think she definitely has been hitting the gym and trying to get back to herself after having a kid... imo the gym may be completely normal for her. I still think if it were me I would not be able to move without crumbling... but yes I do agree the gym is not out of the ordinary for her especially if she is trying to get back to how she was just 5 years ago.

So perhaps Terri really does want to hit the gym - and to have her say that on her FB is now just a little less weird. After all, we can see this is a person is a gym rat, for sure. Terri did not look like an athlete to me, in her jeans & t-shirt, (who can tell?) - but clearly she was/is a person dedicated to some very serious workouts.

I bet she feels crappy when she misses workouts, and her workouts make her feel better.. I know a female body builder... It's a commitment. Like runners. They need to run - it makes them feel better.

I wonder ... if she were a runner, and she went for a quick run several days after Kyron went missing, - left the house to just have a run - then returned - would we still say how dare she?

Probably. :rolleyes:

Thinking of the McCanns now...

OMG Emma, Dear Madeleine and them running up and down that mountain overlooking the sea when she was suddenly gone, and no one had any idea . . .

How dare she. Maddy's mom I mean :innocent:

LOL, this night shift crew member is leaving work early tonight, I am ill and tired tonight....
Goodnight all, Happy Fathers day to all the dads, and Goodnight Kyron. God bless you Kyron and everyone here.
Night Sweetie and hope you feel better. You always spread your wings and touch us in your flight. xox

It also makes sense to me how their gym immediately rose to the occaission as a search donation center early on. This is likely an important part of their social circle.

So, you want answers? Locals - go get a gym membership there and start chatting with folks in the weight room. It will be healthier than sitting in front of your computer! But don't forget to come back & tell us what you learned.

And yes, RdSqrl vanity plates somehow seem appropro. Probably her weightlifting nick.

:)

That's a good idea.
Everyone hug the good Fathers in your life and have a nice Father's Day!

It also makes sense to me how their gym immediately rose to the occaission as a search donation center early on. This is likely an important part of their social circle.

So, you want answers? Locals - go get a gym membership there and start chatting with folks in the weight room. It will be healthier than sitting in front of your computer! But don't forget to come back & tell us what you learned.

And yes, RdSqrl vanity plates somehow seem appropro. Probably her weightlifting nick.

:)

yeah I believe on her FB her plate said RDSQRL and she wrote under it "Red Squirrel just so you all know" so it is definitely her nickname... I also think it goes with why the mustang is red and obviously her hair.

i have read the new's about her cell pings....is this a fact now...her cell pings were not where she said she was that day?

did she have her cell phone that day?

i have read the new's about her cell pings....is this a fact now...her cell pings were not where she said she was that day?

Yes TakeNote, I think the ping info was heard at the end of a presser when they didn't realize the mike was still on :eek: That's a corker I think.

I wish we could have had anything even half that awful in Lindsey's case to help tell the story right away and bring her home. xox xox

Yes TakeNote, I think the ping info was heard at the end of a presser when they didn't realize the mike was still on :eek: That's a corker I think.

I wish we could have had anything even half that awful in Lindsey's case to help tell the story right away and bring her home. xox xox

I agree....I still dont understand how these kids can vanish with out anyone seeing it happen.....:waitasec:

I don't think it's at all abnormal to want to "hit the gym", unless of course your child is missing.

I don't think it's abnormal to post smiley faces on FB, or to post anything at all-unless of course your child is missing.

I don't think it's abnormal to want clean sheets, unless of course your child is missing.

I don't think it's abnormal to want to maintain privacy in the face of a media onslaught- unless of course your child is missing.

I don't think it's abnormal to complain that LE is badgering you and asking you to answer questions you have already answered, UNLESS.... of course, YOUR CHILD IS MISSING.

Any "one" of these singular incidents would not necessarily stand out.
However, taken altogether, along with the very odd affect in her appearance and body language in the press conference add up to more than just "odd".

I wish I could explain why my instinct goes to her. But when I look at Kyrons pictures, I have an incomprehensible desire to beg her to let us know where he is.
Can't explain it, it's just there. MOO, naturally.

she definitely was 5 years ago though...
http://tour.ftvideo.com/view.php?i=content/genex/contests/2005/emerald/181189_jpg.jpg&t=7&l=38&s=6

so I think she definitely has been hitting the gym and trying to get back to herself after having a kid... imo the gym may be completely normal for her. I still think if it were me I would not be able to move without crumbling... but yes I do agree the gym is not out of the ordinary for her especially if she is trying to get back to how she was just 5 years ago.

She sure doesn't look like that now!!!!

Hi all,
I'm new around here, so bare with me. The thorn in my side from the beginning had to do the non-response of the school to Kyron's failure to show up in class. How could the teacher be so nonchalant about a child not showing up for class? The only answer that makes sense, apart from gross incompetence and neglect, is that the teachers saw or strongly assumed that he had left with a parent. Well, as a Portlander I know this school and its reputation, so neglect is hard to believe. So he very likely had to leave with a parent.

It would not be strange at all for a parent to bring a child to school for part of the day - in this case, the science fair - only to leave with him for a doctor's appointment. I've done it myself with my own son. As for not signing him out, even if we asume this was the practice at this school, it's not clear that it would have been necessary in this case. As best I understand, the official school day had not started. He arrived in the care of his mother, and it now seems based on what LE is telling us, he was last seen before the official school day started. From a teacher's perspective, he never left the care of his parent.

I think it's very odd that the teacher didn't take note during the day that Kyron's backpack and jacket were left in the classroom and that she just assumed the dr. appointment was for that day. If Terri had given her the paperwork to be filled out for the dr. the day before there was no reason at all to think THAT appt. was that day. Kyron wouldn't have been assumed ill since he was at the science fair and going to be in the talent show. Plus, the teacher just assumed that some remark about an appt. was why he wasn't there. The kids probably noticed that his backpack was there as well. I find it very strange and wonder if the teacher's personality and the hectic day may have been an advantage that was used by the person who took Kyron. The only other explanation is that teachers really did see Kyron leave with SM, because his backpack and jacket were there at the school as if he were there for the day.

i don't think it's at all abnormal to want to "hit the gym", unless of course your child is missing.

I don't think it's abnormal to post smiley faces on fb, or to post anything at all-unless of course your child is missing.

I don't think it's abnormal to want clean sheets, unless of course your child is missing.

I don't think it's abnormal to want to maintain privacy in the face of a media onslaught- unless of course your child is missing.

I don't think it's abnormal to complain that le is badgering you and asking you to answer questions you have already answered, unless.... Of course, your child is missing.

Any "one" of these singular incidents would not necessarily stand out.
However, taken altogether, along with the very odd affect in her appearance and body language in the press conference add up to more than just "odd".

I wish i could explain why my instinct goes to her. But when i look at kyrons pictures, i have an incomprehensible desire to beg her to let us know where he is.
Can't explain it, it's just there. Moo, naturally.

great post!!!!!

After having been divorced for over 10 years, from an ex that I was still friends with after having had an 'amicable' divorce for reasons of irreconcilable differences, I introduced by best friend to my ex on purpose because it was obvious to me that they would get along and like each other. I was right, and they were together for for over 9 years. During that time we spent almost every holiday together with my children from my later marriage/divorce. They were at the hospital for my children's births. They are my children's godparents. When I was ill, they took care of me and my children for months. It saddened me, when after 9 years they separated. I guess my point is that it is a lot more common than people think for people to get along with their exes, and to be able to fix them up with people you know, even your best friends. I wish my children's father was like that- he seems to prefer the 'divorced people have to hate each other' kind of thinking. Which is never good for children.

It doesn't mean anything in this case as to who is guilty or not, but
the way they chose to set up their relationships is not as unusual as people make it out to be. And it's much better than hating people.

That seems to be a stretch. They filed for divorce in 2002 but were having problems almost right away, according to the article in Oregon Live, after marrying in 2000. It states the step-mom began a relationship with the dad after the step-mom moved in to care for Kyron in 2004. http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

Plus, from everything we see, these people, in the most stressful of circumstances, are supporting each other. Their conduct supports the article. I would have no problem with a friend dating my ex, depending on the situation. It seems the mom and dad were not a good fit and knew that very quickly. But, the step-mom and dad are. So what? These people seem very mature and how they have helped each other to raise Kyron. In my business (divorce/custody), these people are rare jewels. If more people could ignore their petty jealousies and immaturity to work for the best interest if their children, the world would be a better place.
I'd rather have my best friend raising my kid than a stranger.

There are strange things about this case and some questions but I really think some of us are trying to make the facts fit our beliefs about the case. That kind of makes me feel icky.

I agree....I still dont understand how these kids can vanish with out anyone seeing it happen.....:waitasec:

IMO, the same way homes are broken into without anyone noticing, the same way cars are stolen without anyone seeing it happen, the same way thieves steal from stores and companies without anyone noticing. Either nobody is looking, the opportunity is there, or the person doing the "taking" has cleverly planned it out. JMO. Unfortunately, some sick people think they have the right to take a kid, they think kids are disposeable, and IMO THOSE people should be disposed of, also.

jmo

abbie

If I recall correctly, that car was a gift from the biodad. So all that would mean is that the biodad wanted his wife to drive a flashy car. If it was only 2 doors, it means he chose for her to drive a 2 door knowing she had 2 children.

I'm not into flashy cars, but I can't see how the choice the biodad made of a car gift to SM has any reflection on her.

I don't like the way these threads seem to go, either. I guess when facts are slim people have to make do with conjecture.

With all due respect, seriously? So her car choice makes her out to be suspicious? I've been trying to catch up and I do understand that there are questions, that's logical, but I'm not sure I like the way this is going on the thread. I think I'll step back and shut up for a while!

It's SO refreshing to be able to come to a place where there are no rumors or busybodiy-ness allowed... and people can truly get to the bottom of something to actually figure it out rather than to gossip.

I was just reading thru a certain radio show's FB page and people are on there stating all kinds of stuff as facts (like the truck was impounded to collect dirt & other evidence) and it makes me want to gag myself with a spoon. Thank GOD this place exists and this stuff is dealt with promptly so we can focus.. or else I wouldn't bear to be able to read one more thing about this case.

We all know how these cases usually turn out and who's usually to blame.. and it WILL come out eventually... but I think it's a bit unfair to judge people without actually knowing much of anything yet.
I think we need to take a step back and stop with the sensationalism and get back on track. There's a little boy missing and he needs to be found.
Who, what, when, where, why and how???
Digging up dirt on family members that's totally unrelated is going absolutely nowhere except making the "story" jucier... and then it becomes all about them and not about Kyron.
If one of my kids went missing tomorrow.. I can guarantee you that I would've been the last person to see them... plus I drive a brand new bright yellow cobalt sport
4193579069_e38f26c483.jpg

A far cry from a mustang.. but not something most would find "appropriate" for someone who has 4 kids. My daughter draws pictures of all kinds of things that make you think WTF! when you look at them... and she's most definitely not abused in any way, shape or form. I had a DUI back in 2002... my husband in 1995 and my husband used to abuse steroids in his early 20's... but I can guarantee that neither one of us would be responsible for the disappearance and her pictures of random animals and stuff would not shed any light on the case.

I would love to see a list of "Facts" pertaining to the case and the case ONLY. Do we have one here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties