SM as a potential focus of the investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible that TH is responsible for the disappearance of Kyron and time will tell as more information is released. However, I'm still on that proverbial fence yet.

IMO, she made some poor choices which some people have used to say she is guilty. I would imagine some things were taken out of context and some things aren't what some think is "normal." Some of things were probably poor judgment but none of them show me she is guilty of committing a crime. At this point, I just don't think I can pronounce her guilty with what we've been given. LE may have much more pointing in her direction but with what I know so far, I can't go there yet.

Somer's mom got a lot of criticism too, I remember reading the threads shaking my head at the wild speculations about her... that case is hardly a fair comparison, IMO.
I have it on good authority that a workout at the gym helps relieve stress and tension, so what is the harm in that? LE usually tells families to do what they normally do, and somehow that ends up being wrong? I bet if she shut herself up in her house and did not go out in public at all, people would be critical of that, too.
And.... what is "normal?" It's all in perception... what is normal for one might not be normal for another.

Yes, it's true people should be encouraged to take care of themselves, implement a stress management program, see to proper nutrition etc, after a crisis.

AFTER a crisis. You do not recommend people leave the shelter in the middle of a hurricane in order to go to the gym to relieve stress. Afterwards, of course. But acting "normally" in the middle of a crisis? While hundreds of people are beating the brush looking for a "lost" child? No. I think that's what strikes people as weird. The same way they'd look at you strangely if you grabbed your gym bag and said you were leaving to hit the gym in the midst of a hurricane. People would think you'd lost your mind.

Do you mean she said she stopped teaching to take care of Kyron and has been primary caregiver since he was three days old? It would fit with Terri's mother's story that she was already with Kaine 7-8 years ago and taking care of Kyron since infancy but it seems to clash with this account:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

I don't think it's contradictory.

"Terri has been in Kyron's life since he was 3 days old"

She was DY's friend before Kyron was born. Saying she's been in his life since then doesn't necessarily mean she was his primary caregiver. It was after Kaine got custody that she quit her job and moved in to take care of Kyron full time. Also, if DY was having serious health issues as the article implies, as a close friend Terri may well have played a large role in his early life even before she "officially" became his caregiver.

:eek: That's her??????
http://tour.ftvideo.com/view.php?i=c...g&t=7&l=38&s=6

I remember reading that she was in fitness competitions early on but seeing the pics, she looks like a different person! Can you imagine how structured and disciplined she must be? I wonder if she lived her daily life this way, ran the household this way.
I know some people who work out constantly use it as a stress relief, their body depends on it and they start to feel like they are going to explode if they don't work out. That may be explanation for the odd timing of the work out.

Oh, gosh. I wish I hadn't clicked on that. Pictures of bodybuilders (male and female) make my skin crawl.

Bingo...I was thinking of a way to put this. Could he have come after her when she left wanting her to go get something or he forgot something and then she snapped? I know get I can irritated with my kids because they made me late for work (actually my own fault cause I should be out the door earlier). But for the life of me, I can't get the "why" or what he may have done.

Or - I think I saw this theory in another thread - he came after her into the parking lot and she didn't see him (in the mirror of the big truck) and there was an accident? And she panicked and covered it up?
Not likely, I know, but possible maybe?

Do we know if Terri and/or Kaine worked out at the gym when they went, or if they went to meet with the people there helping in the search for Kyron?

It seems to me that everyone is really reading into what people are saying or doing. I have no idea what I would do if my child was missing and I pray to God that I never have to experience that. But I can say with a lot of certainty, that you would NOT see me have a break down in public or during an interview. I would deal with my feelings in private because thats how I choose to do it. I can also say that if I thought going to the gym for an hour or two would help me focus or give me the break that I needed, you better believe I would go and not give a hoot what the public thought!

TH has raised flags with me from day 1, but at this point we are all pulling at strings for an explanation. She may have said and done some weird things in the last 2 weeks, but none of can imagine what is being said and done behind closed doors!

Do we know if Terri and/or Kaine worked out at the gym when they went, or if they went to meet with the people there helping in the search for Kyron?

IMO "hitting the gym" implies a work out but I could be wrong.

The sheets statement was a friend came over and clean her house.
That the way I took it.

And the Gym she posted she was "hitting the gym" and also media caught her and Kaine coming out of the gym. Terri and Kaine took off running from the media. this was few days after Kyron was missing. ( I don't have the date)

a lot talk why would you go to the gym when your child is missing. that question has been pointed at Terri... but Kaine also was at the gym too.

You are correct, he did go, too. But what continually is ignored by most is that the gym was a central point for distribution of copies of the missing posters, plus a place to drop off supplies for the SAR teams. The visit to see the good friends there who were going to all this effort to support the family is more than understandable and admirable. There were other places where supplies were being collected, but none quite so personal to the family. The statements made at the press conferences thanked all of these places and people many times. It should also be remembered that every thing that the sm has been criticized about also applies to the other three "parents", but somehow in their case it is all ok behavior. JMO....but once again, not a logical way of thinking.

Bingo...I was thinking of a way to put this. Could he have come after her when she left wanting her to go get something or he forgot something and then she snapped? I know get I can irritated with my kids because they made me late for work (actually my own fault cause I should be out the door earlier). But for the life of me, I can't get the "why" or what he may have done.

Is she possibly trying to get payback on someone on by having him disappear from the school perhaps?? Don't get it...but most of the time we never really do.

Ok one thing came to me last night. When I was 4 or 5, I did one of several sillly things. My sister is 14 years older (her dad died when she was 1, my dad was her godfather and pestered my mom for about 14 years until she gave up and married him...so I guess we're blended:waitasec:). She was recently engaged and I was sad. I also didn't like my baby brother (still don't, lol). I hid in the back of her now-husband's car. I have no idea where they went but back at home, I was afraid when I realized I had been found to be missing...I eventually came out, and only remember being afraid that I was in trouble. Maybe Kyron hid in the bed of the truck...no one would notice, perhaps. After that, I don't know. Maybe he fell out along the way.

I should also mention that I locked my mom out of the house (baby bro inside) and would not open it. The fire department had to come. My oldest did the same to me but I broke a window to get in. I was a pisser, plain and simple. ADHD and all that. Kyron seems timid (or so he was described) but perhaps he was impulsive, to his own detriment. I can't explain this any other way.

You have to LOVE LE and thier spokesman word games.

I don't think of this as being an example of word games. True, LE's statements have been carefully worded.

Your post was an example, instead, of the application of your excellent reading comprehension skills.

These are word games only to those who do not have and/or use those skills.

It's possible that TH is responsible for the disappearance of Kyron and time will tell as more information is released. However, I'm still on that proverbial fence yet.

IMO, she made some poor choices which some people have used to say she is guilty. I would imagine some things were taken out of context and some things aren't what some think is "normal." Some of things were probably poor judgment but none of them show me she is guilty of committing a crime. At this point, I just don't think I can pronounce her guilty with what we've been given. LE may have much more pointing in her direction but with what I know so far, I can't go there yet.

Bumping off my own post -- If I could afford it, I'd have a red mustang sitting in my driveway right now AND it would be a convertible.

I am getting a bad feeling that this investigation is headed back to square one...the last person to see him...as a result of nothing else panning out. Do they really have any idea what happened to Kyron?

You are correct, he did go, too. But what continually is ignored by most is that the gym was a central point for distribution of copies of the missing posters, plus a place to drop off supplies for the SAR teams. The visit to see the good friends there who were going to all this effort to support the family is more than understandable and admirable. There were other places where supplies were being collected, but none quite so personal to the family. The statements made at the press conferences thanked all of these places and people many times. It should also be remembered that every thing that the sm has been criticized about also applies to the other three "parents", but somehow in their case it is all ok behavior. JMO....but once again, not a logical way of thinking.

But the difference is, the other 3 parents were not the last ones seen with Kyron. JMO

"Father's day is Sunday. For the first time in seven years we won't have Kyron around to talk to. It hurts us deeply and our hearts are broken,"

Are Tony and Desiree speaking to Kaine? To me, it's almost like they are throwing the guilt card right at him. What if all this pressure on Terri, is meant to break Kaine. If it is him who has the narcissistic personality, he's not going to like all the attention given to her. Is LE purposely putting him in the background with hopes he'll try to regain the spotlight.

Redrose, that's exactly what I'm thinking. It's Kaine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties