SM as a potential focus of the investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cell phone pings... not a rumor. Not only is it reported in the article below, but countless others I've read too. Williamette Weekly were the first to publish it...

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...yron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/

Her story, and the trail of cell phone pings... did not match up.

Have any theories why she lied to law enforcement about where she was that day?

Any mainstream media source that I have seen that has reported on the cel phone ping theory has been very careful to report it was an uncomfirmed info garnered from the WW which is a blog. To me - that speaks volumes on the fact that it is not confirmed and MSM does not want to confuse the public by suggesting otherwise.

I've seen a ton of other so called credible sources link directly to williamette weekly. They were the first to report this, and then all the others followed a day later (this was also first article to talk about stepmom being involved, and then the questionnaire came out and confirmed that). Granted, they said their source was LE not involved in the case, but coming from 5 independent LE sources, it's unlikely it's not true.

then why has it not been reported by major news sources...msnbc, fox, cnn, etc? :waitasec:

then why has it not been reported by major news sources...msnbc, fox, cnn, etc? :waitasec:

My skepticism over the pings just comes from the fact that LE hasn't confirmed this publicly. I have seen too many instances of LE not involved giving hints and clues that turn out to be false, so I take them with a grain of salt now.

Wow. A lot has happened over the weekend---well, kind of. Please forgive me, as I lost track of the case and many posts since last week. I may repeat things others have said.

1. Has anyone looked into why Terri's 16-year-old son lives with his grandparents?? Kind of interesting.

Someone on an OregonLive comment section of a recent news article :http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...end_says_terry_moulton_horm.html#incart_mce-- posted this--which I guess is a rumor, thus far, as it was left as a comment, not part of the article:

Terri Horman was convicted of DUI with her child in the car...
...there was a HUGE amount of family drama--oldest child leaving to live with grandparents ... Kyron's bio mom had huge health issues..

Can anyone find evidence that Terri's DUI and Kyron's bio Mom's health issues is fact and not just a rumor? If not, I guess we have to dismiss it...

2. Terri is/was taking her 2nd polygraph test. Good to know that LE are trying to rule out all possibilities---whether the family is guilty or not.

3. Just thought I'd post the most up to date item: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/21/earlyshow/main6603116.shtml

I too hope that LE is not focusing on Terri simply because they are stuck, but that is what I think is happening here. She may or may not be guilty, but I think that LE is hoping the second polygraph, the questionnaire, will show them one way or the other. I think they would like to rule her out but have not been able to do so.

I have waited a few days for news, and still nothing new. I haven't seen one thing that has made me believe SM was involved, so if the police really are looking at her they must have something good or they are grasping at straws? I just hope they aren't focusing on her to save face.

Think carefully about what statements LE has made so far. They have been tight-lipped, but they also have made quite a few profound statements.

One key statement is how they believe that this is an isolated incident. They have made other statements revolving around this, but I don't remember them exactly enough to post them. Just think awhile about this.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/18/ap/national/main6595719.shtml

Also, as stated in the article. Williamette Week is a newspaper. They have an exclusive on the sources they are getting their info from. There is a reason why CBS is citing them in the above article, like lots of others. It's credible.

Regardless, this is certainly not a rumor started on an unmoderated forum.

The BIG RED FLAG for me continues to be the lack of public pleading, outcry and involvement by the family when their 7 year old son just "disappears." Following these all too familiar scenarios when children go missing, this in no way is a normal response. Most folks are more frantic when the family dog is unaccounted for for 2 hours.

Giving TH the benefit of the doubt, she dropped Kyron off, viewed the science fair and left, but he does not show up on his bus at the end of the day . . . . . wouldn't you be out there pleading for help, putting out details and information that might help to find him???
Either way, this parental reaction just does not compute for me.

My skepticism over the pings just comes from the fact that LE hasn't confirmed this publicly. I have seen too many instances of LE not involved giving hints and clues that turn out to be false, so I take them with a grain of salt now.

I agree with you, but on the flip-side LE sometimes unofficially release info. to add pressure. Although I am taking it with a grain of salt, I tend to believe (in this instance) it is true and they wanted that out there, as they could have cleared that rumor and as they did with not finding Kyron. Another reason is Friday, they told us for the first time SM was the last person seen with Kyron, where as before they were hedging and saying no comment. It is odd they would say this on Friday given they were asking for questionnaires to be filled out. Perhaps on Sunday they would have had a new witness that remembered something.

Cell phone pings... not a rumor. Not only is it reported in the article below, but countless others I've read too. Williamette Weekly were the first to publish it...

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...yron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/

Her story, and the trail of cell phone pings... did not match up.

Have any theories why she lied to law enforcement about where she was that day?

It's a rumor, IMO. A blog using third-hand reports from people they admit are NOT involved in the investigation:

This information comes from five separate law-enforcement officials from agencies at the city, county and federal level. To our knowledge, none is directly involved with the investigation.

But several said they’ve heard the same or similar accounts from multiple officials in the law-enforcement community. All agreed that Terri Moulton Horman has become a main focus of police attention because of problems with her story.

Four of the sources say they’ve heard Horman’s story doesn’t jibe with her cell-phone records from June 4.

No sources linked to the case.

i.e. a rumor

From the article you quoted
Laurie Levenson, a former federal prosecutor, told CBS News, "We don't really have any hard evidence yet that she is responsible for the boy going missing, but all of the investigation seems to be keying in on her."

Good Grief - she's a law professor in Los Angeles with ZERO ties to this case, and she acts like she's right in the middle of the situation.

From the article you quoted

Good Grief - she's a law professor in Los Angeles with ZERO ties to this case, and she acts like she's right in the middle of the situation.
Looks to me like she was just giving her opinion on the case like the rest of us. :twocents:

The BIG RED FLAG for me continues to be the lack of public pleading, outcry and involvement by the family when their 7 year old son just "disappears." Following these all too familiar scenarios when children go missing, this in no way is a normal response. Most folks are more frantic when the family dog is unaccounted for for 2 hours.

Giving TH the benefit of the doubt, she dropped Kyron off, viewed the science fair and left, but he does not show up on his bus at the end of the day . . . . . wouldn't you be out there pleading for help, information and any kind of information that might help to find him???
Either way, this parental reaction just does not compute for me.

BBM

There are four parents involved here. Why are the other three not being crucified as well? Why not post hideous accusations against grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings? None of them have done this... so why is it just TH being raked 'cross the coals?

Something that has confused me from the start....

It's a rumor, IMO. A blog using third-hand reports from people they admit are NOT involved in the investigation:

It's a newspaper, not a blog.

No sources linked to the case.

The original article says they weren't working on the case, not a revelation.

5 independent sources came up with the same rumor? That's quite a coincidence.

I think there have been some great posts already that I agree with.

Just want to add:

1) Although in hindsight we know that Kyron left the school without being seen, I don't see how anyone could plan to get away with doing that. I don't think TH could be certain that no one would witness them leaving together and remember that. It makes me feel much more that this was an opportunistic crime and the responsible person just got lucky that it wasn't reported for so long. NO ONE could have predicted that. I think he thought he might have 45 min- 1 hour before they reconvened in the classroom and just got really "lucky."

2) Kyron's friend TP's story has a ring of truth to it. Not like a videotape of what happened, but the seed of truth in the center skewed by the perception of a child. It may not have been word for word exactly like he said, and there may have been some follow up he missed, but I do believe that the chaperone saw Kyron and then didn't when they reconvened in the classroom. I just can't imagine a kid coming up with that out of whole cloth.

3) I have seen NOTHING that makes me think she's guilty, and I've seen LOTS of stuff that seems perfectly innocent that others have tried to spin as evidence of guilt. The captions under the fb pics - totally normal in context. The cell phone pings - never confirmed, just a rumor on some unmoderated comment board. Not going to the talent show - never confirmed that Kyron had any significant part and the baby was probably sleeping. Going to the gym - maybe not my thing, but I've known several people who have done similar in life and death situations. This interview with her friend - I have done multiple, hours long tapings with CNN and others only to have them edit it down to 90 seconds and totally miss the point.

Also...

I can't judge that if LE has said you absolutely CANNOT help with the search b/c it could be misconstrued if you actually find something. Plus, not wanting to leave the baby after all of this.

I can't judge if LE has said it is in Kyron's best interest if you stay as far away from the media as possible and go about your normal activities. In that case, I would do as much as I could that they recommended, hoping against hope that I would follow the checklist and he would come home. As other posters have pointed out, NONE of the four parents have been accessible to the media, which makes me think it was a strong recommendation by LE, but only one is being judged for it.

I can't swear she didn't do it, and I've been wrong before, but I haven't seen a single thing to convince me.

ETA: I have included some rumors only for the sake of telling why they don't sway me, and clearly stating that they are rumors. I hope that's okay!

great post!

at this point i think LE is trying to point to finger at TM with out naming her a suspect and if she is innocent of this crime, this is terrible.

1. at friday's press conference when they say "TM was the last person to see Kyron". If he was taken by some pervert then the pervert would be the last person to see him.

2. The Flyer. why the heck send this flyer out two weeks after the abduction when everyone has already been interviewed except to subliminaly implicate Terri. can you imagine Terri's reaction when LE tells her they are putting out this flyer? That is why, in my opinion, they used the picture of her from the family statement press conference. i doubt if they asked her if they could take a picture of her and take a picture of their truck for this flyer that she would say "Sure, what a great idea!"

if they have evidence she is involved. charge her! if not leave her alone.

If this was a crime of opportunity and a SO took Kyron without a trace, then i hope he is caught and convicted - using hard evidence.

IMO, the DUI could be she had a margarita with lunch/dinner/brunch and then she and her son drove home. She blew over the legal limit. It could've been a point over.
My point is that we don't know. I'm not going to crucify her for that. Now, if she downed a six pack and then went all OJ, then yeah, major problem. But we don't know the ins and the outs of her arrest. And the Child Endangerment was because she had her son in the car. I'm not excusing what she did or saying that it was OK. But people screw up sometimes. If they do it once and they fix it, great.

That article, for me personally, really changed my thinking. It cleared up a lot of questions I had.
I feel awful for Kyron's mom. A disease so debilitating she had to go to Canada to get treatment? How sad. I hope she's OK now.

the bolded red I copied from soneone's post in the prior thread....she blew a
.15 - .15that is NOT a margarita at lunch. She was DRUNK driving a car with a child in it.

That whole article was a picture of family dysfunction - marriages and divorces, kids shuffled around willy nilly, DUI/child endangerment. They tried to make it look good, but come on. Seriously?
I agree...
Investigators Focus on Kyron Horman's Stepmom

Investigators have reportedly reviewed Terri Horman's cell phone records and given her a second polygraph exam.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/21/earlyshow/main6603116.shtml
wow....wonder where the pings are placing her
BBM

There are four parents involved here. Why are the other three not being crucified as well? Why not post hideous accusations against grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings? None of them have done this... so why is it just TH is being raked 'cross the coals?

Something that has confused me from the start....
well for starters, none of the three were the last one seen with Kyron, nor were they the ones responsible for getting him to school that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB