SM as a potential focus of the investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm.....I wonder IF the dr.'s appointment that was coming up could have played a part in the "need" to get rid of Kyron.

Something that keeps bugging me is that SM would have to be about as dumb as a box of rocks to think she could get away with leaving with Kyron without a soul seeing her on such a busy day.

So many parents were there -- she could have been spotted by anyone from a window inside a building, from someone in a parked car, someone coming down the street, someone already outside or just stepping outside as she left...

All it would take would be one person remembering seeing her leave with Kyron to ruin the whole plan. That's just so extremely risky. We've seen crazier things, so I know it's possible, but it doesn't seem likely to me.

Actually, no one would have had to see her leaving if they didn't leave together. For instance, suppose she said, let's play a little game, you get in the truck/car and hide, then I'll come out and we'll go have ice cream, to the beach, whatever, and come back later. After all, we already walked around and saw all the projects.

Just a thought and :cow:

I have five children ranging in age from newly graduated down to kindergarten and I have NEVER had to fill out any sort of paperwork regarding a child's appointment -- and definitely not BEFORE the fact (a note to the teacher letting him/her know in advance, yes, but never something the teacher had to fill out). Doc/dentists these days now automatically print off a confirmation slip for Mom/Dad to give to the school on the day the child arrives back. Do the schools do things differently there in Oregon? This claim has me stumped.

ETA: I can think of one scenario in which this might happen: if Kyron had a psychological appointment of some sort -- then, perhaps, the teacher's observations and opinions would be requested prior to the initial appointment. That would add a new dynamic IF true (not to say Kyron had ANY psychological issues...but that SM could have been trying to go down 'that' road).

When we had scheduled our son for tested for both ADHD and IQ we were given paperwork before hand for both his teacher and us to fill out. Once he was diagnosed as having ADHD we then had to have to have similar paperwork done once a year for the first few years by the teacher before they would refill his medicine.

I had these exact questions/thoughts after replying on a different thread. I have never had a teacher fill out any paperwork for a doctor's appointment. However, I am an ADD'er and through my own reading I have seen where doctors often ask for school input before final diagnosis of ADHD, ODD, etc.

When we had scheduled our son for tested for both ADHD and IQ we were given paperwork before hand for both his teacher and us to fill out. Once he was diagnosed as having ADHD we then had to have to have similar paperwork done once a year for the first few years by the teacher before they would refill his medicine.

Precisely. I have two sons on the autistic spectrum (along with being gifted, thus IQ tests in addition) so I know that drill, too :). Might have nothing to do with the case, but it's an interesting tidbit.

Good Morning Everyone,

I woke right before 6am and thought I'd watch KGW's early morning local news to see if anything had happened overnight.

The reporter started talking about the flier and within a few minutes my ears perked as I heard him distinctly say . . they won't say whether she is a suspect or POI. He then repeated that exact statement a few min later.

It was a true wake up call, almost unbelievable that this could really be the case when we all hope that if Kyron met his fate, it was at the hands of someone other than his SM who he must have loved very much. xox

I have several thoughts/information here, make of them what you will - I know how to duck.

1. My daughter has a stepchild she raised from infancy. She loved that child, BUT when she had her own, I know her feelings changed. Even so, she fights for that child and loves her in her own way, just NOT the same as if the child were her own.

2. I have a lot of my own children who are darned lucky they survived childhood. I think the only thing that saved some of them was they were my flesh and my bone. I don't know if a stepchild would have fared as well and I'm being honest. I was not overly fond of kids at all.

3. My best friend loves all children and we had a chat yesterday about her and her stepkids, stepgrandkids, grandkids only related to her dead last hubby. She really does love them all and would never harm anyone. A good person that woman, much better than I.

Just wanted to put this out here because there is no NORM when dealing with stepchildren, or even your own flesh and blood.

Take it for what it's worth.

hmmmm.....I wonder IF the dr.'s appointment that was coming up could have played a part in the "need" to get rid of Kyron.

I'm actually thinking the upcoming end of the school year was what played a part. Kyron would have been home 24/7.

Precisely. I have two sons on the autistic spectrum (along with being gifted, thus IQ tests in addition) so I know that drill, too :). Might have nothing to do with the case, but it's an interesting tidbit.

I teach special ed. and I frequently have to fill out paper work for Dr. appointments for my students. I have also had to fill out paper work for SSI (disability) in the past.

ETA: I usually get the paperwork to be filled out 1-2 weeks before the appointment because I have to mail the papers to the Dr. We (the school) don't usually give the paperwork back to the parents to hand carry to the Dr.

I think they would put her in this position only with the consent of her and her family, but I can't think of a reason that would be necessary.

This is the only time I can recollect in which questionnaires were used in this fashion.

I never seen a flyer like that. And if she gave consent why didn't SM give a better picture...maybe one of her and Kyron together.

Using the presseer pictures is really weird for me.

The flyer tells a lot what LE is thinking and SM story is not adding up. I keep thinking that no one seen SM at the school that day.

I have five children ranging in age from newly graduated down to kindergarten and I have NEVER had to fill out any sort of paperwork regarding a child's appointment -- and definitely not BEFORE the fact (a note to the teacher letting him/her know in advance, yes, but never something the teacher had to fill out).

We have to send a note to school when we are taking our children out of class early.

Perhaps TH told the teacher it was "today" and then put June 11 on the note, to cover herself.

And, I agree, I would never send it in a week in advance. They don't usually accept them a week in advance. I would send it in the very day that I was taking my child out of school.

Except that being known to so many at the school, she'd be instantly recognizable, whereas a stranger wouldn't be. I'd be scared to death someone might be peering out a window and wreck any lie I might've cooked up to tell LE, you know? But then, I'm just a chicken in general anyway. :crazy:

"Oh no, so-and-so must be mistaken. He/she probably saw just saw us in the parking lot bringing stuff in (or out) and somehow thought we were leaving." He said/she said. Easy peasy.

It's not like you can hang a criminal case on a witness who saw her in the parking lot with Kyron. Of course she was in the parking lot with Kyron. And honestly, who pays that much attention to other parents and their kids coming and going from school? It's not like anyone would have been watching her any more than usual. She and Kyron were just two of the many people milling around.

I never seen a flyer like that. And if she gave consent why didn't SM give a better picture...maybe one of her and Kyron together.

Using the presseer pictures is really weird for me.

The flyer tells a lot what LE is thinking and SM story is not adding up. I keep thinking that no one seen SM at the school that day.

BBM: just thinking outside of the box here... maybe SM had a different hair color prior to the day Kyron disappeared. What if the only family pictures they have of her, she's sporting a different color of hair? I seem to recall a week or so ago, there was some discussion on a suspicious white truck & a blonde female. Just throwin a piece for the puzzle out there.:waitasec:

When I read your quote of my post, I was puzzled. I said, "This is the only time I can recollect in which questionnaires were used in this fashion."

This morning, when I read it again, it looks like I said I recall another time when questionnaires were used, just not in this way.

Well, this is the first time I've heard of questionnaires being used at all, so I wondered if I am going senile. What that sentence means, and should have said were I more nimble with my phrasing, was: This is the only time I've ever heard of questionnaires being used in a case.

We have to send a note to school when we are taking our children out of class early.

Perhaps TH told the teacher it was "today" and then put June 11 on the note, to cover herself.

And, I agree, I would never send it in a week in advance. They don't usually accept them a week in advance. I would send it in the very day that I was taking my child out of school.

I send it the day before. "I'll be picking DD up tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. for an appointment." Or, "DD will be late tomorrow. She has an appointment in the morning." I imagine most of us do it that way, and so did TM. Hence the teacher thinking Kyron would be gone Friday the 4th (tomorrow) if TM handed the teacher a note on Thursday the 3rd. I think the confusion was manipulated purposely.

It's interesting that TM responded exactly as many of us said she would - the teacher is "new, hard of hearing, and easily confused."

Nice try.

what do we really know aboout her (SM)
1. she raised Kyron from infancy.
2. she has some kind of teaching degree.
3.she has a bio child, fairly recently (less than 2yo)
4.she has older bio child that now lives with her parents (odd)
5.seems to have healthy well nurtured relationships.
6.nobody has come forward saying that they know a very different side of her.

all outward appearances of her seem to be a supermom. Involved, lots of loving family photos,....when people try so hard to be perfect on the outside, they are often covering up a monstrous flaw they percieve in themselves. What is her FLAW?? she has to have one. does she swear?, is she a gossip monger?,does she have a superiority complex?, these are the little things that will shine a light on the truth. JMO

what do we really know aboout her (SM)
1. she raised Kyron from infancy.
2. she has some kind of teaching degree.
3.she has a bio child, fairly recently (less than 2yo)
4.she has older bio child that now lives with her parents (odd)
5.seems to have healthy well nurtured relationships.
6.nobody has come forward saying that they know a very different side of her.

all outward appearances of her seem to be a supermom. Involved, lots of loving family photos,....when people try so hard to be perfect on the outside, they are often covering up a monstrous flaw they percieve in themselves. What is her FLAW?? she has to have one. does she swear?, is she a gossip monger?,does she have a superiority complex?, these are the little things that will shine a light on the truth. JMO

was mentioned before and do not know if it is a flaw but she was adopted and not sure how much I can talk about but was a bodybuilder in 2005 (i have links and pics but will not post anything until we are allowed) I don't know if that is a "flaw" but it also goes with the everything looking perfect on the outside...

still I am really really hoping it is not her, for Kyron's sake... :/

Does she have brothers and sisters? Does she have a childhood friend she is still in contact with? what do her ex husbands have to say about her? they would have better insight into any potential motivations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC