SM as a potential focus of the investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Released in the media is tricky, because they aren't saying much - but early articles and other things reveal small things that are telling about how much Kyron loved his mother (referring to TH), and how much time and attention was spent on his science fair project, as well as referring to tight knit family nights with games and activities (most recent Oregonian article on blended family:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html)

....and the cbs website with the 64 pictures of kyron/family interaction: http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10003676.html?tag=galleryscroller

It's just as easy to read between the lines and see love and impossibility that someone in the family could harm him...these things show a lot of happiness and love and reciprocation....

I would say I am on the fence, too, but feel like I am more to leaping from one side of the fence to the other (equally).

I have to agree w/ what you said. I'm just not sure. I know a big part of me wants to believe she had nothing to do w/ this. From what has been released, I feel she is innocent due to the fact he was left at school (but I'm not sure if that is accurate now ... still kind of confused on that one).

The family photos and the fact that she has been in Kyron's life since he was born also leads me to feel that she loves him very much and would never harm him. I think she did help him w/ his Science Project which was probably a good bonding thing for them; and, she did volunteer at his school a lot.

With all that said, it could also be chalked up to a need to project a perfect family image. She already had 2 failed marriages. She wanted this one to be and look perfect. That's just an opinion though.

I guess that leaves me still on the fence ... praying she isn't involved! :praying::praying::praying::praying:

I would like to personally thank the mods for their diligent policing of the WS boards. It is nice to have them kept clean. I know it's a lot of work, but thank you!

Doesn't it seem likely that LE would be able to tell from the camera when different pictures on it were taken? Some people have mentioned that there weren't many pics of Kyron around compared to the toddler, but I've seen quite a few posted, and almost all of them appear to have been taken by SM. Even when pics are deleted from a camera. I thought I read somewhere that they (like a computer) can still be recovered. Wouldn't having that info put context into when the project picture was taken?

They most certainly can. They have FBI experts who specialize in this field. They can analyze a photo to determine when it was made.

However from what I remember someone that was there that day said they saw Kyron and his mom when she took his picture and since LE has given his clothing description and it matches the last photo taken of him imo they do think or know this photo was taken that morning in front of his exhibit.

Also two other people are in the background in his photo. Very easy to identify those people and what day they were there together.

You are also right. They can determine when the pictures were downloaded into her computer on the various other photos of Kyron.

IMO

Don't be fooled by pictures. My ex was very abusive. On the outside we looked like the perfect family. I had never been in an abusive situation, so didn't know that he would never change. Well one night he came home, and tried to kill me.

Let me say too, that one night he would be beating me, and the next morning at church he would be lovingly wrapping his arms around me! PUKE!

That said, I can post 100's of pics of how "perfect" our life was! ICK!

I don't necessarily suspect her yet, but several things in the media combined with a few things I've learned from non-media have made we wonder. All the hours put into the project for a 7 year old is odd to me. Telling the teacher about an appointment for the next week during a hectic science fair is also odd, especially if not even sure she heard her. What was the purpose of it. LE has finally made everyone more suspicious by saying that she is the last to have seen Kyron before he disappeared and putting out the flier and questionairres.

has someone already posted the link to the friend of Terri speaking out again?

http://www.katu.com/news/local/96769584.html?tab=video

I have a bunch to say on it.
first.... she says she went to the gym because she needed to to keep herself healthy and focused.
OK. I know this isn't the same, but when my daughter was a baby she got cancer. I was terrified for her. About 3 days in I saw my sister who reminded me that I had not eaten. I couldn't even think about myself in that situation... I was so worried about my child. (who is now healthy. thank god)

Of course I know that is not the same situation, and that everyone handles stress and fear and heartbreak differently.

Another thing the friend said was that all the online talk was damaging. It is not damaging if there is no truth to the accusations. If she has no role in it, she should not have any fear that these comments could damage her innocence.

first.... she says she went to the gym because she needed to to keep herself healthy and focused.
OK. I know this isn't the same, but when my daughter was a baby she got cancer. I was terrified for her. About 3 days in I saw my sister who reminded me that I had not eaten. I couldn't even think about myself in that situation... I was so worried about my child. (who is now healthy. thank god)

Of course I know that is not the same situation, and that everyone handles stress and fear and heartbreak differently.

Another thing the friend said was that all the online talk was damaging. It is not damaging if there is no truth to the accusations. If she has no role in it, she should not have any fear that these comments could damage her innocence.

I disagree. Whether she is is guilty or innocent no one is ever going to look at her the same after all that has been said about her on this forum alone. Unmoderated forums have had even more to say. She will never be able to go back to life as she knew it regardless of the outcome. Her friend is correct.

I agree we all deal with stressful situations differently. My mom is like you and would completely forget about herself. I have always fallen apart after the stress is over. I know I need to take care of myself if I am going to be able to care for someone else reliably. I may be on autopilot but I probably take better care of myself during times of great stress.

I don't think this debate will ever be resolved on WS, but it is just foreign to me that any parent would do anything but look and plead for their child. Taking care of yourself for the long-term effort is understandable, but IMO not at the exclusion of short-term searching and pleading for your child. There seems to be a lot of focus on self.

With Horman's blessing, Finster is telling the public how emotionally harmful the Internet remarks have been; such as the person who comments "it seems like a slam dunk that the stepmother is ... guilty."
Some comments on-line include the speculation that Horman is suffering from a "postpartum breakdown."
http://www.kgw.com/news/Close-friend-of-Horman-condemns-Internet-rumors-96764789.html
You know, her friend might be serving TMH better if she talked about how devastated she is over the loss of Kyron and not how upset she is at the speculation over her involvement.

I used to work out regularly, for about 3 hours a day (before I had kids). I enjoyed it and it really helped me not feel depressed (because I didn't have kids) and it also helped me deal with stress and anxiety.

So the fact that SM is working out at this horrible time doesn't bother me like it did at first. It relieves anxiety, and if she is used to working out regularly, she feels a need to do it.

Also, what else is SM doing with regard to this case? She is not talking to the media. She is not searching for Kyron. She is answering LE's questions, and either worrying about Kyron or worrying about getting caught.

From this family's standpoint, Kyron was taken at about 9 a.m. and they didn't realize he was gone for 7 more hours. And after that, every minute ticking on the clock takes their child another mile away. Nearly 22,000 minutes have ticked by. How far is he? Where to start looking? I imagine they're all stuck staring at the emptiness and vast space that is their home and are all wondering how it is such a small boy could have filled it so completely. To look out the window into the wilderness which surrounds the area they live.....I just can't imagine what it feels like at all.

If she is reading the posts here, that will be the focus of the next article about her.

Really, I could understand not talking to the media on supposed advice from LE, but sending someone out to defend yourself while never mentioning your missing child just doesn't sit right.

My husband was a teacher, and they went on strike back in the 80's when our children were all very little. They interviewed me as member of an 'average family affected by the strike'. They spent 15 minutes with me, asking all sorts of questions which I thought were fairly well answered. The ONLY quote they used in their 30 second coverage was that I talked about cutting back on snacks for my kids.

Talk about embarrassed! My best friend of 30 years still teases me about denying my children cookies. The point is.....we don't know what Terri said; we only know what her friend conveyed.

The point is.....we don't know what Terri said; we only know what her friend conveyed.

We may not know all of what her friend conveyed either, due to editing.

The veracity of the story depends upon the diligence and integrity of the reporter and editor.

My husband was a teacher, and they went on strike back in the 80's when our children were all very little. They interviewed me as member of an 'average family affected by the strike'. They spent 15 minutes with me, asking all sorts of questions which I thought were fairly well answered. The ONLY quote they used in their 30 second coverage was that I talked about cutting back on snacks for my kids.

Talk about embarrassed! My best friend of 30 years still teases me about denying my children cookies. The point is.....we don't know what Terri said; we only know what her friend conveyed.

Great post.

This is at least the third interview by JF on behalf of TMH. All I know is that in not one of them does she mention TMH being devastated over the loss of Kyron. All that she talks about is how hard it is on HER.

Those words bother me. How does a healthy active person suddenly become unhealthy from not going to the gym for awhile. The word "focused" really bothers me. The friend should probably quit speaking to the media. Continuing to do something that costs money and is basically a luxury instead of necessity does not come off well to many mothers.

And I could say that she's perhaps projecting anger at the public for being so hard on Terri and using the passive voice of saying Terri's stressed out that people are asking her so many questions and she doesn't know anything.

I'm just saying this woman might be providing information which reflects a true frustration (people ARE being hard on Terri) and adding it into the story in a way she thought wouldn't get noticed as much as if she had directly addressed all the nastiness abounding in the ether.

It's entirely possible that Terri did say it; and it's still a legitimate statement to be frustrated that she's asked questions over and over again. Perhaps she voiced her frustration to a 'safe person' and that person conveyed it to the world. I can imagine the frustration is incredible. Frustration that there is no Kryon at home. Frustration that the truck broke down at the worst possible time. Frustration that the baby is still in need of vigilant care and frustration that it's no longer the same kind of pleasure it used to be. Frustration that people are picking apart her physique. Frustration that 'normal' is a town in Oklahoma but isn't anything near where you live anymore.

But we just can't know in what context, outside of believing Terri thought she was talking to a trusted friend who then got a sound bite out of it, the original statement was made. And for that, it's notable, but shouldn't be damnable.

Those words bother me. How does a healthy active person suddenly become unhealthy from not going to the gym for awhile. The word "focused" really bothers me. The friend should probably quit speaking to the media. Continuing to do something that costs money and is basically a luxury instead of necessity does not come off well to many mothers.

A well-meaning friend perhaps, but IMO, no professional help figuring out what to say. Terri gave permission to talk - so that's interesting in and of itself. Terri trusts her friends willy-nilly. I'm a little surprised the friends are better scripted. Maybe that's okay.

No biggie. Except this: I sure see no lawyer in this game yet.

Even when pics are deleted from a camera. I thought I read somewhere that they (like a computer) can still be recovered. Wouldn't having that info put context into when the project picture was taken?

For anyone interested in kind of a long answer to this...

You can recover things deleted, even several times over from a computer, yes. But not if it doesn't have a hard drive. The information is stored on the hard drive, no hard drive, nothing to recover.

A camera is similar, my camera doesn't even store any images on the actual camera. Only on the memory card. (Many you can do both.) So if I take my memory card and throw it in the dumpster... put in a new one... (I have 6 anyway and they are $5, this isn't like an expensive hard drive) then absolutely not, they couldn't recover anything. Though, I am quite skeptical they could anyway.

Also, you set the time and date on a camera. My brother never set his. Mine is set correctly to the minute. I'm anal about it, he's not.

My computer will tell you what time my picture was "created" which is the time the picture was taken.

It will tell you what time it was "modified" on an edited version, when I last made an actual change that was saved.

It will tell you when it was last "accessed" on the computer as well. The last time it was opened or viewed.

All of these come with dates and times. Again, dependent on the date and time you have set on your computer.

Terri, may not even have the original image... she may have edited it or uploaded it and deleted the original. She may not have set the time or date on her camera.

There are different programs for different cameras that allow you to access even more information about an individual image. But I would not assume that they would be able to find out for sure...it depends on camera and computer settings, the type of camera, type of computer, what she did with the image...many different factors.

Hopefully that made sense... :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member