Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, this is extremely unimportant in the grand scheme of things, but NO ONE born & raised in the South uses "y'all" to refer to a singular person. "Y'all" is a contraction of "you all," meaning "all of you people I'm addressing in this comment." It doesn't matter, except that it really gets on my last nerve when movies/TV/news commentators get that wrong.

I thought that maybe HD had another video - maybe a different angle, of that day and that's what AJC watched and commented on. It's possible that someone in security at HD gave them access to it. Maybe a backup copy?

‘‘That probable cause hearing was nothing but a character assassination,’’ Baygents said. ‘‘It was slinging mud at Ross. It was to vilify him in the media and the public and turn the tide of public opinion away from him. The stuff that’s been insinuated just isn’t true. The facts are the facts. Let them stand for what they are.’’

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/2014/07/21/questions-police-account-child-death-hot-car/fNCwGu2GIj9KZefvm40BBP/story.html?p1=Must_Reads_hp

Sounds like Baygents saw the videos himself. JMO

Of course the hearing was for character assassination. He's a cop and knows that is always the intent of the prosecution at a bail hearing and by golly, it worked: That fundraising effort totally evaporated. Pffffffst..........

JMO

I thought that maybe HD had another video - maybe a different angle, of that day and that's what AJC watched and commented on. It's possible that someone in security at HD gave them access to it. Maybe a backup copy?

There could be more than one camera and were there other corporations there other than HD?? Maybe an independent parking video ?? or (drumroll) dash cam from a parked vehicle?

I'm wondering if there was independent property management video (HD may be only leasing the building perhaps)

Do people have dash cams? I don't know anyone that has one. I know they are big in other countries. I'm out of the loop so I really don't know.

‘‘That probable cause hearing was nothing but a character assassination,’’ Baygents said. ‘‘It was slinging mud at Ross. It was to vilify him in the media and the public and turn the tide of public opinion away from him. The stuff that’s been insinuated just isn’t true. The facts are the facts. Let them stand for what they are.’’

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/2014/07/21/questions-police-account-child-death-hot-car/fNCwGu2GIj9KZefvm40BBP/story.html?p1=Must_Reads_hp

Sounds like Baygents saw the videos himself. JMO

Things I found interesting about this article.

*"Also, Harris’ brother told the AJC that he and Harris were in the process of booking a cruise for the two families and chose one based on the activities it offered for children."
(BBM. In the process, is interesting. He couldn't afford it. His child is dead now, so it's guess that's not an issue anymore.)

*‘That probable cause hearing was nothing but a character assassination,’’ Baygents said. ‘‘It was slinging mud at Ross. It was to vilify him in the media and the public and turn the tide of public opinion away from him. The stuff that’s been insinuated just isn’t true. The facts are the facts. Let them stand for what they are.’’
(Umm...they've found some woman and indemnified them. They have the accounts. They have evidence the wife knew. Come on dude, you are LE. You know it's a fact he was trolling for women.)

*‘‘He hounded and hounded me about it. I finally gave him a green light about a month and a half ago.’’
(Closely before Cooper's death.)

*Baygents also said the Harrises were saving up for a four-bedroom house because they wanted to have a second child before Cooper turned 3. And they were targeting their search to areas with good schools, he said.
(In debt, assuming they had no disposable income and can't afford a down payment, let alone the house. Cooper would turn 3 in about a year, they'd have to conceive soon.)

* The family had $6,000 in savings, paid their bills on time and had excellent credit, Baygents said.
($6,000 is nothing. You can have near perfect credit and tons of debt and still be spiraling financially. I wonder if they had more in savings and he had taken out recently?)

*‘‘I know Ross. Cooper was his buddy. To see him portrayed as a terrible parent is just not right.’’
(Sexting from work, illegal sexual contact, affairs, wasn't getting promoted, etc. You did NOT know him, sir.")

*‘‘It was more along the line of, ‘What’s going on here? Are we in trouble or something?’ They were in a total state of shock. Their child was dead.’’
(Yeah, shock. She said so, remember? :facepalm:)

All in all, I see a guy who simply can't believe his brother could do this. Not surprising, who would want to believe that? I certainly don't fault him. What I don't see, is anything saying that Ross is a truthful person, and didn't have copious amounts of motive, with a stack of additional damning evidence against him.

Things I found interesting about this article.

*"Also, Harris’ brother told the AJC that he and Harris were in the process of booking a cruise for the two families and chose one based on the activities it offered for children."
(BBM. In the process, is interesting. He couldn't afford it. His child is dead now, so it's guess that's not an issue anymore.)

*‘That probable cause hearing was nothing but a character assassination,’’ Baygents said. ‘‘It was slinging mud at Ross. It was to vilify him in the media and the public and turn the tide of public opinion away from him. The stuff that’s been insinuated just isn’t true. The facts are the facts. Let them stand for what they are.’’
(Umm...they've found some woman and indemnified them. They have the accounts. They have evidence the wife knew. Come on dude, you are LE. You know it's a fact he was trolling for women.)

*‘‘He hounded and hounded me about it. I finally gave him a green light about a month and a half ago.’’
(Closely before Cooper's death.)

*Baygents also said the Harrises were saving up for a four-bedroom house because they wanted to have a second child before Cooper turned 3. And they were targeting their search to areas with good schools, he said.
(In debt, assuming they had no disposable income and can't afford a down payment, let alone the house. Cooper would turn 3 in about a year, they'd have to conceive soon.)

* The family had $6,000 in savings, paid their bills on time and had excellent credit, Baygents said.
($6,000 is nothing. You can have near perfect credit and tons of debt and still be spiraling financially. I wonder if they had more in savings and he had taken out recently?)

*‘‘I know Ross. Cooper was his buddy. To see him portrayed as a terrible parent is just not right.’’
(Sexting from work, illegal sexual contact, affairs, wasn't getting promoted, etc. You did NOT know him, sir.")

*‘‘It was more along the line of, ‘What’s going on here? Are we in trouble or something?’ They were in a total state of shock. Their child was dead.’’
(Yeah, shock. She said so, remember? :facepalm:)

All in all, I see a guy who simply can't believe his brother could do this. Not surprising, who would want to believe that? I certainly don't fault him. What I don't see, is anything saying that Ross is a truthful person, and didn't have copious amounts of motive, with a stack of additional damning evidence against him.

On top of that, who was going to pay for the IVF to conceive again? IVF is expensive!

How does Baygents know what was meant by "Did you say too much?" I suppose he spoke with Leanna about it?

How does Baygents know what was meant by "Did you say too much?" I suppose he spoke with Leanna about it?
Yeah, he did. "I've killed our son" for one! I've tried to come up with some reason she said that and nothing makes sense other than the obvious.
However the more I learn the less I think she is.
That one comment is a major sticking point.
If he did speak with LH after taking control of the bank accounts and becoming the new "leader" (my words) she'd never admit it was planned anyway.
moo

Yeah, he did. "I've killed our son" for one! I've tried to come up with some reason she said that and nothing makes sense other than the obvious.
However the more I learn the less I think she is.
That one comment is a major sticking point.
If he did speak with LH after taking control of the bank accounts and becoming the new "leader" (my words) she'd never admit it was planned anyway.
moo

Apparently, during that conversation Ross said to her "I dreaded how he would look." And she says at some point "Did you say too much?" Both those statements are bizarro.

I wonder if the 911 call will ever be released? What if dispatch info and police conversations are on the scanner rewind for that day?

RH could NOT have been vilified in the public if he had not been leading a second life!!!! I do NOT believe the Marietta or Cobb County law enforcement employees were lying!

In this case I have many questions yet to be answered but one thing that keeps coming to mind when I question LE is this: Why would LE lie? What purpose would be served by LE setting up an innocent man? When it appears (at least to me) that most parents in these types of deaths are treated with kid gloves, why would LE go after this guy? It would be a huge waste of time and resources for LE to make up stories and if they are doing that it will all come out. But not in the media; the media has its own agenda.

Until I see reason to believe otherwise, I will trust that LE knows what they are doing. I want the truth to come out, no more and no less. The last thing I want is for an innocent man to be convicted; the second to last thing I want is for another child killer to be set free.

On one of the Facebook pages BM said that people have sent flowers and stuffed animals to place on his grave and the place where he is buried won't let them put the stuff out.
I guess it's been too long and the headstone isn't up yet? If true, that story will make the news soon. People aren't understanding that.
moo

OK, this is extremely unimportant in the grand scheme of things, but NO ONE born & raised in the South uses "y'all" to refer to a singular person. "Y'all" is a contraction of "you all," meaning "all of you people I'm addressing in this comment." It doesn't matter, except that it really gets on my last nerve when movies/TV/news commentators get that wrong.

OK y'all have made your point. JUST KIDDING YOU
(in Pittsburgh, they say "yinz" I learned that eagle cam watching and chatting. OT, I know.

In this case I have many questions yet to be answered but one thing that keeps coming to mind when I question LE is this: Why would LE lie? What purpose would be served by LE setting up an innocent man? When it appears (at least to me) that most parents in these types of deaths are treated with kid gloves, why would LE go after this guy? It would be a huge waste of time and resources for LE to make up stories and if they are doing that it will all come out. But not in the media; the media has its own agenda.

Until I see reason to believe otherwise, I will trust that LE knows what they are doing. I want the truth to come out, no more and no less. The last thing I want is for an innocent man to be convicted; the second to last thing I want is for another child killer to be set free.

ITA. Why arrest him?? He just lost his son. He said he did it and he was responsible. People do forget things, not usually living people but maybe he is a forgetful person. Other people have had the misfortune of being responsible for their child's death and not be criminally responsible. There was obviously enough to arrest him IMO. It's likely there is more info that was not brought forward at the probable cause hearing and was held back until the prelim. JMO

(1) Even with control/access to finances, I wonder how the brother have access to their credit score? Maybe it is a service from the credit card company, and it is printed on the statement? Other than that, where does one exactly "store" their credit score?

(2)I wonder the same! This still has me baffled.

Since the brother is a cop, he can look up a credit score.

OK y'all have made your point. JUST KIDDING YOU
(in Pittsburgh, they say "yinz" I learned that eagle cam watching and chatting. OT, I know.

you'uns is popular round my parts as well. In addition to y'all. Sorry for off topic. Your guess on what that paper said was better than mine, :) I am so thankful better eyes than mine could pick that stuff out (through the paper and backwards for some of it no less. Once it was translated I could "see" it but not before I am afraid.

kudos to those eagle eye members who were able to help my old eyes out with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana