Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes HeadStart is bound to follow very strict guidelines based on the clientele and their funding situation.

Little Apron Academy is a private company that would not be bound by such guidelines and likely would have greater freedoms in establishing their own absentee policies.

Have not found any info on the LAA policies regarding absences. I am betting they do not have a call or email policy regarding absences as their fee would not be changed by an absence. The fee is what the fee is regardless of whether the child is present or not.

JMO

OT kind of: TN-New law goes into effect to help save the lives of children trapped in hot cars

A new Tennessee law that went into effect Tuesday will allow anyone who witnesses a child locked inside a hot car to break out the window and get the child to safety.

To be allowed to break into the car, the child must be in danger and the car must be locked. Law enforcement must also be notified. If a person rescues a trapped child, a note must be left on the car windshield. The person must stay with the child close to the car until emergency responders arrive.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/25919042/...ave-the-lives-of-children-trapped-in-hot-cars

Exactly. One of my pet peeves is the thought that public schools call home due to concern for the safety of the children. They like to have you think that, but it's all about the money.

Actually, it is not.

There are Federal guidelines for how many children can be in the program.

There is always a huge waiting list. If people are dropping out or not serious about having their kids attend, there are lots of others waiting to get in. That is why the calls are made.

In addition, teachers and assistants have relationships with the parents. If there is a problem, we have all kinds of things we can refer parents to such as marriage counseling, financial counseling, respite care, etc.

The money is allocated in the previous fiscal year. It has to be. Can't get money in the present year.

Wow this made a thought come to my mind. Cooper was getting old enough to be able to get out of the seat and unlock the doors. He could have squirmed out of the car seat and unlocked the door and gotten out. This is why they changed the seat straps.

I disagree with this. It depends on the car seat. My 7 yo has a very hard time undoing my 3yo's bottom car seat buckle. None of my kids have ever been able to get themselves out of a five point harness until much older. Those buttons are hard to press even for me!

Apparently (I read it here, somewhere) Mom was planning a Mickey Mouse 2nd birthday party for Cooper -- someone "found" it on Pinterest. What do you all make of this? Is it a clever cover, or does it point to Cooper's death being an accident, caused by negligence, and dad's obsession with sexting?

I just posted on the main thread asking if there were any plans for Coopers birthday, I hadn't heard about this do you have a link please ? X

I disagree with this. It depends on the car seat. My 7 yo has a very hard time undoing my 3yo's bottom car seat buckle. None of my kids have ever been able to get themselves out of a five point harness until much older. Those buttons are hard to press even for me!

I concur. My 4 year old cannot get himself in or out of his Britax (five point harness). We put him in a high back booster for short trips around town. He uses a regular seat belt in the booster seat. He can strap himself in and get himself out of the booster, but not the five point harness. He's light years away from being able to get himself out of the five point harness. I also have a 21 month old. She's not even trying to figure out how her car seat works yet.

I'm quite knowledgeable on car seats. I'm obsessed with making sure my children are in the best seat for them and that it's being used properly. In my experience, it would be very rare for a 22 month old to be able to get themselves out of their seat. It would be easier for them if the seat were being improperly used and the straps were too loose. From everything I have read, Cooper was in a rear-facing Britax at 22 months. I'm willing to bet that his straps were snug, especially considering that his parent(s) intended to use the seat to execute him. He didn't have a fighting chance.

He was in a seat that he outgrew, and even then it was set at the lowest setting (for an infant). So there was no way he could get out, his straps would be extremely snug on him.

I just posted on the main thread asking if there were any plans for Coopers birthday, I hadn't heard about this do you have a link please ? X

No, I'm sorry. I only know I read it here at WS...I tried searching here, but couldn't find it. I also tried to look on pinterest, but her page is probably taken down, because I couldn't find it there, either.

Maybe whoever posted it originally will read this and repost. :)

No, I'm sorry. I only know I read it here at WS...I tried searching here, but couldn't find it. I also tried to look on pinterest, but her page is probably taken down, because I couldn't find it there, either.

Maybe whoever posted it originally will read this and repost. :)

Going to have to be considered rumor, as the page has been removed, but there was 1 1st b-day theme and a Mickey birthday theme. No "Cooper is going to love this" or any personal commentary.

Ross has a pinterest- absolutely nothing pinned that relayed he had a child- nothing at all. http://www.pinterest.com/roscoeua/

She had a 1st birthday folder too. I don't think she made many comments about her pins. I don't. I just pin them kinda like clipping something from a magazine and saving in a folder.

I'm still very wrapped up in the whole car seat, car, parking etc. piece. I would like to know whether he arrived at work around the same time as usual or earlier or later that day. I would like to know where and how he usually parks and if this backing in thing is out of the ordinary.

People are creatures of habit. I think they usually arrive and leave around the same time and that they usually park in the same spot at work. I also think that in the morning they usually drive the normal route (which for him would mean to the day care first...)

I too would like to know more about where he usually parked. My place of work has 3 different places I
can park, depending on which department I'm working in. In each of those designated places I have my preferred place. I'm okay with parking close to my favourite spot, but if the parks are all full and I miss 'my' place I make a joking comment about it to my close colleagues. We have one person who has HIS park no matter what. Nobody else parks there. Ever. And if you're a visitor who parks there without knowing it belongs to HIM you will be informed very quickly by him. He's a sexist, arrogant jerk so I love it when someone parks in his spot.

People really are creatures of habit.

I also can't wait to hear about surveillance footage from the morning. That 30 seconds before he initially exited the car. Was he turned around to the back seat? Was he talking to someone? It's probably a stretch for any of that to be visible, but still... could be.

This may mean nothing, but, RH is on the phone to someone at the daycare in Cooper's classroom for 6 min according to testimony from the Prelim Hearing. Then, again according to testimony, when LH arrives, M at the daycare sees her and says "What are you doing here?" Maybe an innocent thing to say since Cooper didn't show up that day, or maybe it wasn't said just like that or M really wasn't expecting to see LH for some other reason (speculation). That 6 minute phone call should have a lot of answers. Why did RH call the daycare at all? If RH told someone about what happened, what did he ask them to do about when LH got there? Why not just say have LH call me immediately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8