Snow day reaction goes viral

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She should be ashamed of herself! She needs to get over herself & stay off the phone when she is ugly!

Wonder how she'd feel if the parents & school board called for both of there resignations??? Good paying jobs like that are hard to come by!

"It's really an issue of kids learning what is acceptable and not acceptable. Any call to a public servant's house is harassment," Regnier said in an interview.

What an unbelievable quote. Why are they called public servants???

Well, I wonder how she would feel if someone talked to her "snotty nosed" kid like that! I bet that would be a different situation all together wouldn't it!?!?! She is person with anger management problems. I hope she gets her azz in a sling over this.:mad:

"It's really an issue of kids learning what is acceptable and not acceptable. Any call to a public servant's house is harassment," Regnier said in an interview.

What an unbelievable quote. Why are they called public servants???

Oh, puhleeze, I had parents calling me all the time and yes, some were downright annoying. (No, I am not calling you on Easter Sunday when I "get back" at nine p.m.!)

But harrassment? Nope. Not even close in this case.

While I don't think this kid should have called to inquire about why school was or was not cancelled, I do think the wife's attitude was uncalled for.

The kids calling is the same, IMO, as my kids asking me why when I tell them to do something or that they can't do something... Honestly, I don't think that Mr Tisdadt needs to justify his decisions to a student...

While I don't think this kid should have called to inquire about why school was or was not cancelled, I do think the wife's attitude was uncalled for.

The kids calling is the same, IMO, as my kids asking me why when I tell them to do something or that they can't do something... Honestly, I don't think that Mr Tisdadt needs to justify his decisions to a student...

I agree with you, lisag. It probably wasn't his (the husband's) decision to make. But the wife was way, way out of line.

She went a little crazy, but I would sure like to hear what he said and how he said it. Apparently he said something about the Super not answering his phone on purpose. I don't think that's the proper way of handling it, but I do wonder how many other snot-nosed brats Mr/Mrs have had to deal with. It doesn't sound like this is the first. lol

I get tired of youth questioning authority over stupid things like this. **sigh** Go ahead, flame me.

(If my son or daughter did this, they'd probably hear something close to "snot nosed brat" from me!)

She went a little crazy, but I would sure like to hear what he said and how he said it. Apparently he said something about the Super not answering his phone on purpose. I don't think that's the proper way of handling it, but I do wonder how many other snot-nosed brats Mr/Mrs have had to deal with. It doesn't sound like this is the first. lol

I get tired of youth questioning authority over stupid things like this. **sigh** Go ahead, flame me.

(If my son or daughter did this, they'd probably hear something close to "snot nosed brat" from me!)

I agree, to a point. But regardless of whether or not the kid acted appropriately, this woman is an adult and her reaction was totally out of line. She should have conducted herself in a more mature manner, despite her feelings. Very poor judgement on her part.

I won't flame you at all, but it is an absolute fact that from the beginning of time and until the end of time, youth has/will question authority over "stupid things." ("stupid" depending, of course, on whether you are the youth or the authority!;))

I'm not willing to accept that he said anything snotty because the wife's behavior was so off the chain, I can see her unleashing all her fury at one kid when she's realy furious about a million different other things or kids.

Also - and I may be in the minority on this - I think a kid who goes to school should be able to call the super about something any time he/she wants - unless the kid is stalking and being constantly annoying or threatening (not the case in this situation), kids should have access to the man that runs their school system.

Also - and I may be in the minority on this - I think a kid who goes to school should be able to call the super about something any time he/she wants - unless the kid is stalking and being constantly annoying or threatening (not the case in this situation), kids should have access to the man that runs their school system.

I think they need to follow the chain of command...

I don't agree that the kid should have called anyone's home, and I think the wife handled it very poorly. The whole thing is a mess.

As a teacher, I really hate it when parents call my home. In any job, you are available during certain work hours. Home hours are sacred.

I guess I am the only one who thinks this is no big deal and that it has been blown way out of proportion.
I have to admit that I have heard my own teachers at school call kids worse things than "snot-nosed brats." Yep, to their faces...all it did was get a big laugh.
This kid ain't gonna suffer a lifetime of emotional problems over being called a brat.

I could have called any of my teachers or my headmaster when I was his age. Usually I didn't, but I think it's cool that I could have - and I would have never ever gotten the reception he did.

I guess I am the only one who thinks this is no big deal and that it has been blown way out of proportion.
I have to admit that I have heard my own teachers at school call kids worse things than "snot-nosed brats." Yep, to their faces...all it did was get a big laugh.
This kid ain't gonna suffer a lifetime of emotional problems over being called a brat.

No, he's not - to be sure. But that woman sounded positively unhinged. I am scared of her and I don't even know her.

Three inches of snow is not a lot and the responsibility for calling off school isn't up to one person.

Depends on where you live. Three inches in Alabama is a downright blizzard. The entire state shuts down upon the FORECAST of snow. Not kidding here. The grocery stores stay open briefly so that people can make a rush for milk and bread. Then everyone hunkers down until either the last flake has melted, or the threat of snow that never happened has passed. :D

I suppose 3 inches in Virginia, where I think this all took place, is not a lot though. Even so, the woman's reaction was ridiculous. Maybe he woke her up from her nap and she was cranky.

Depends on where you live. Three inches in Alabama is a downright blizzard. The entire state shuts down upon the FORECAST of snow. Not kidding here. The grocery stores stay open briefly so that people can make a rush for milk and bread. Then everyone hunkers down until either the last flake has melted, or the threat of snow that never happened has passed. :D

I suppose 3 inches in Virginia, where I think this all took place, is not a lot though. Even so, the woman's reaction was ridiculous. Maybe he woke her up from her nap and she was cranky.

That's what I was going to post! Plus, when you have 16 year old inexperienced drivers, 3 inches is a lot to navigate. I think he had the right to call and question the one who made the decision to keep school in session. Good for him! It's not like he has calls the man every time something happens that he doesn't agree with. He felt that having to drive to school was putting lives in danger so he stood up to do something about it. More kids should be willing to get in trouble to question authority when authority has obviously lost their way.

From the Post article: "On his lunch break, Lake Braddock senior Devraj "Dave" S. Kori, 17, used a listed home phone number to call Dean Tistadt, chief operating officer for the county system, to ask why he had not closed the schools."

This was not the time to call the COO's home. This was during office hours, he should have called the man's office. The day was half over anyway. (The wife was still way out of line.) I also think the kid making a Face Book page for the man was out of line.

Got booted and my post, poofed.

Anyone have a working link to the video?
I haven't seen it:eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz
Back