SoCal fires continue thread 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Breaking News, Evacuation Orders, and other updates on the San Diego County Fires, please visit the San Diego County Emergency Homepage.
slr3tn.jpg

Fire Updates
Relocation Updates
Housing Updates
Resources

* The San Luis Rey Gate is now open to incoming and outgoing traffic.
*Court Martials at Camp Pendleton have been cancelled for Oct 25. Please contact the clerk of court at (760) 725-6273 for further information.
*Residents of the Serra Mesa Housing unit can now safely return to their homes.
*Fire is no longer a threat to San Onofre Housing, and residents can return to their homes.

http://www.pendleton.usmc.mil/
Thank you TG :blowkiss:
I just went to the top of Dana POint where I went last night. I can only see blackness, where last night I could see big red flames. Things are defnitiely smoldering and moving in the right direction.

JBean you back home yet?
yep I am back home. We went down and walked the Dana Point Harbor. IT's turned into a warm lovely night. down at the water you can't really smell the fires. Then we drove up to the top of the harbor where there is a panoramic view of the whole coastline.This is where I could see all the flames last night. Tonight just blackness. Things are much different tonight.

Jelly, glad you are safe!!!! When I keep checking this thread, I am glad to see your posts!

Hour-by-Hour San Diego Weather
http://www.weather.com/outlook/recr...hour/USCA0982?from=dayDetails_topnav_outdoors

The winds reverse from ENE to WSW at noon tomorrow
12pm Mostly Sunny 78°F 77°F 0% 44°F 30% From WSW 6 mph

1pm Sunny 78°F 77°F 0% 44°F 30% From WSW 7 mph

2pm Sunny 78°F 77°F 0% 45°F 31% From WSW 7 mph

3pm Sunny 77°F 77°F 0% 46°F 33% From WSW 6 mph

I can see flames up in the hills from my balcony :( A lot of fires in different spots. Funny, the sky is really clear in my area, the moon bright, but then I look over towards the fires and I see a small amount of smoke. Earlier this evening I didn't even see the fires, just smoke. Lots of smoke. Ash everywhere.
Too funny, my husband went and washed his car today :doh: then we go out to get him a halloween costume and when we got back to the car, it was covered in ash :doh: .. My car is filthy but I won't be washing it now.. nope.. :hand:

PD, that is so scary. To think of looking off your balcony and being able to see the flames. The smoke was bad enough, but with smoke you can try to convince yourself that you are just getting wind drift.
I will be so glad when this is over for all of you.

Hour-by-Hour San Diego Weather
http://www.weather.com/outlook/recr...hour/USCA0982?from=dayDetails_topnav_outdoors

The winds reverse from ENE to WSW at noon tomorrow
12pm Mostly Sunny 78°F 77°F 0% 44°F 30% From WSW 6 mph

1pm Sunny 78°F 77°F 0% 44°F 30% From WSW 7 mph

2pm Sunny 78°F 77°F 0% 45°F 31% From WSW 7 mph

3pm Sunny 77°F 77°F 0% 46°F 33% From WSW 6 mph

Buzz I don't know what we would do without you. You always find the best weather related sites. I believe I sat through a couple of hurricanes with you and I always knew exactly how close or how far the storm was every minute.

PD, that is so scary. To think of looking off your balcony and being able to see the flames. The smoke was bad enough, but with smoke you can try to convince yourself that you are just getting wind drift.
I will be so glad when this is over for all of you.

Yeah, me too, mysteriew. When I was walking my dogs tonight I touched the grass to see if it was wet and it felt damp, not that that means much but it gave me a little hope.. It was also cooler out as well. Not as hot like yesterday.. more hope... I keep looking out my window to see the fire and doesn't look like it's spreading.. it staying in the same spot. There are a lot of fire spots though. I'm hoping they are keeping an eye on it. It's up in the hills. No homes there, I don't think..

So happy to hear that you have good news LatteDa! That has to feel so good to think of sleeping in your own bed now! How are things around you?

Glad to hear that you're back in your home, LatteDa :)

I just heard on Fox11 that the arson suspect is possibly a firefighter!!

I'm still seeing news articles that says two suspects. One arrested, one shot dead. Is that right? Which was the firefighter?

Jelly is our resident fire reporter :) Your reports have been a great help. You had first hand info when the papers and the news didn't have anything.

I'm still seeing news articles that says two suspects. One arrested, one shot dead. Is that right? Which was the firefighter?

It's actually not either of those two. This one is the suspect in the OC fire (Santiago). They said that they don't have a suspect in custody, but they believe that the suspect (whoever they may be) might possibly be a firefighter. I guess because of the way the fire was set.

The person that started the Santigo fire knew what he was doing. I believe at this point they are suspicious that he may be a firefighter based on the fact that he was perhaps an "expert"
The other 2 you mention are unrelated to the Santiago arsonist. Unles something changed recently that I don't know about..which is entirely possible!

Jelly is our resident fire reporter :) Your reports have been a great help. You had first hand info when the papers and the news didn't have anything.
Not just me that's for sure. I think we had quite a community effort going on!

This wouldn't surprise me. They mentioned earlier tonight they felt like the origins of one fire was set by someone who knew what to do to obtain maximum damage by the way it was set and the different locations he used. :furious:

Very glad you are home and all is well, LatteDa!! :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member