Social & economic costs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.police.psu.edu/cleryact/
http://www.statecollege.com/news/lo...t-penn-state-remains-troubling-trend-1205200/ from the comment section: "Even when someone does report, they're discouraged by the police, by the Center for Women Students, and by Women's Advocates off campus from taking action for many reasons... it's difficult to prove, the trauma of appearing in court is too much to risk, the defense will tear you apart, it's too much work for only a chance at a conviction, etc. Penn State counselors counsel women to co-parent in the same room with their rapist... There's more to the problem than the it being difficult for victims to come forward, there's what happens after they do."

Interesting, but it does not who, in 1998, 2001, or 2003, was responsible for reporting and publishing.

The Penn State policy, until 2011, was a draft policy never adopted.

As athletic director, Curley was also supposed to report. I don't know what, if any, training he received. Would the university's Office of General Counsel have been responsible to make sure such training was carried out? The university performed their own audit identifying the need for such.

As athletic director, Curley was also supposed to report. I don't know what, if any, training he received. Would the university's Office of General Counsel have been responsible to make sure such training was carried out? The university performed their own audit identifying the need for such.

It would ultimately be the president and/or BOT who would make the decision. I doubt it would be OGC and at that time, there was outside counsel.

Curley was suppose to report it to the person designated to report Clery crimes, but there wasn't one.

This was a substantially larger problem than Sandusky. In the Phillips case, for example, there was no coverup. He was arrested, tried, and found not guilty. All of that was in the paper. They just didn't report it under Clery.

It would ultimately be the president and/or BOT who would make the decision. I doubt it would be OGC and at that time, there was outside counsel.

Curley was suppose to report it to the person designated to report Clery crimes, but there wasn't one.

This was a substantially larger problem than Sandusky. In the Phillips case, for example, there was no coverup. He was arrested, tried, and found not guilty. All of that was in the paper. They just didn't report it under Clery.

Phillips' alleged assault occurred in 2002, and as it turns out, the University reported under Clery that there were no sexual assaults on campus for that year, despite having reported elsewhere that there were 11 sexual assaults in on-campus residence halls.

The problem was, as you indicated, much larger that Sandusky. Whether the 2002 problem was an unfortunate oversight or an effort to whitewash some campus safety issues is the question.

i don't have a link yet, but TSM's insurance will not cover Sandusky, because he was not acting as an employee.

This gets interesting. He was clearly acting as a representative of TSM when he met the boys, and his "Big Brother" type relationship that allowed him access to take these boys to bowl games, the Lasch building, and other outings was clearly based on his association with TSM.

I wonder if TSM's missing files contained timesheets for Sandusky mentoring the particular boys that were later found to have been his victims. I assume Dr. Raykovitz must be denying having any knowledge that Sandusky was meeting with these boys at all.

And having experience in a school district myself, I would be willing to bet that Sandusky signed into the office at Central Mountain as being with The Second Mile when asking to have AF removed from class. All districts have policies that outline who may have access to students while the school is "in loco parentis." The district would almost certainly argue that they only released AF to Sandusky because he was representing the agency.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back