Solving the Long Island serial killer case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

sharebear

Reaction score
I do feel the answer lies in pursuing the evidence. I have not read if Brewer's house was ever searched. The girl on the 911 tape said they were trying to kill me. Is it possible that he had other friends over at his house and the killer not Brewer chased her and was able to kill her.
Also the friend who got the call from the killer that she was in a brothels in Queens? Has an extensive search been made of Queens looking for a sex trafficking ring holding girls ? Is it possible that the girls who were using Craig's list were targeted by pimps or sex ring and were taken and then killed after being held for some time.
Has the police tried to get the killer to answer Craig list adds by fake prostitutes?
He also may have stopped using this area to dispose of bodies because of all the publicity
Just so excited ideas to look at to solve it. Identifying the girls who still do not have name is heartbreaking especially the baby.
This person could be a trafficking victim as well.

I will give this case a bump here is a link to a blog with some Podcasts about the case:

The Long Island Serial Killer — Unresolved
I finally got a chance to listen to this. Great timeline.
The key to this case in my opinion is seeing a more detailed connection between the victims.
If you go with the single killer connection how does this killer get the victims besides that they are all sex workers. Is he the John or is he a pimp or a does he have police connection.
My thoughts are he is a rich John who attends sex parties. I believe Shannon Gilbert is key to finding this guy. She says they are going to kill me. The driver also tells a neighbor she is going to be in trouble for contacting the police.
She was in the house for 2 to 3 hrs. Guy says he did not have sex with her so he could just like to watch . I believe there were more wealthy men at his house you pay someone 1500 you expect a lot. So if he passed polygraph he may not be the killer but the killer may have been at his house when it was known she called police he chased after her killing her in the swamp because he was afraid he would be identified. He probably works in NY because the killer called the sister of one of the victims from there.
The driver is from Queens. On one show the friend of one victims said she was in brothel in Queens.
Sex traffickers will keep women locked on brothels forcing them to service John's feeding them drugs and will transport these girls to parties for rich clients.
I think they should find out if driver is connected to any brothels in Queens or if any of the victims pimps are connected to sex traffickers in Queens.
The killer may frequent multiple sex parties and brothels but only kills when he can not control his urge.
Neighbors of Shannon's last John said he had multiple parties at his home since his wife left.
I believe the police did not investigate the neighborhood and should have searched the property of her last John to see what horrors he had in his house.
A prostitute does not call the cops ever knowing the consequences. She experienced something so disturbing in that man's house that she felt the need to screaming for her life .
It seems she would have gone to get in her driver's car but did not. Was he in the house at some point?
Both the doctor and this John no longer live there
With all the publicity the killing seems to have stopped.
This is good news but the killer has not been caught.
These women are someone's daughter some of them are mother's. Some are sisters.
They need justice.
Also I would see if any of their dates uploaded any of these girls activities on the internet. If so they Killer would be able to relieve his date with them over and over through internet *advertiser censored*.
It is a very complex case with little DNA evidence that is to the police not searching for Shannon properly.

The answer will be in the 23 minute 911 call by Shannon Gilbert. She ran just like the others did. Follow her path and reasoning for why she mired deeper into the brush, versus going along the streets. I’m convinced there were a group of people who hired these ladies “to run” to be “chased” into that terrain. When she got too far away, they strangled her and left her where she was found. She was chased. Then she was killed. Seems like a hunting club, rich powerful men who got off on the chase of women through the woods.... like wolves

Last edited:
The answer will be in the 23 minute 911 call by Shannon Gilbert. She ran just like the others did. Follow her path and reasoning for why she mired deeper into the brush, versus going along the streets. I’m convinced there were a group of people who hired these ladies “to run” to be “chased” into that terrain. When she got too far away, they strangled her and left her where she was found. She was chased. Then she was killed. Seems like a hunting club, rich powerful men who got off on the chase of women through the woods.... like wolves
Agreed.

I am sure I am not alone with this theory but I believe Long Island was likely a dumping ground for more than one killer in a similar way the Texas Killing Fields were. I think it was likely though a dumping ground for at least one Serial Killer the Long Island Killer and that he was likely to be the offender in some of the earlier cases and may even be dormant now:

Number of serial killers out there as elusive as killers themselves

I do feel the answer lies in pursuing the evidence. I have not read if Brewer's house was ever searched. The girl on the 911 tape said they were trying to kill me. Is it possible that he had other friends over at his house and the killer not Brewer chased her and was able to kill her.
Also the friend who got the call from the killer that she was in a brothels in Queens? Has an extensive search been made of Queens looking for a sex trafficking ring holding girls ? Is it possible that the girls who were using Craig's list were targeted by pimps or sex ring and were taken and then killed after being held for some time.
Has the police tried to get the killer to answer Craig list adds by fake prostitutes?
He also may have stopped using this area to dispose of bodies because of all the publicity
Just so excited ideas to look at to solve it. Identifying the girls who still do not have name is heartbreaking especially the baby.
This perplexes me also, my husband and I were just talking about this. Could she have been a mistress to someone that possibly lives close by.and possible father to the child, this one turns my stomach but, the mother and child had matching jewelry on. I do not see a lot of toddlers with this kind of jewelry that much. Maybe she has been reported missing but, not the child because the family does not know? And was their a COD established for these 2 victims?

I saw this exact Series on Amazon, such a chilling case and the depth they went into trying and still trying to solve these cases, at the time all this was going on, I was serving a prison sentence:(, I was young and dumb, but I have learned my lesson, and not be so trusting of people. But anyways, I am from Long Island was born in West Islip, lived in East Islip, Port Jefferson, Mastic Beach, and in up state New York in Water Town, and when I saw this series I was blown away on how the local police were not at all lifting a finger on trying to solve this, these women were someone's daughter, someone's mother, just because they fell on hard times does not make them less of a person, I say like this if any one knows or has hard proof on who it is, let me know and I promise that he would feel pain like no other! Sometimes with them just getting a couple of life sentences or the death penalty isn't just enough, the person needs to suffer more than what he did to his victims. I wouldn't mind doing it then going back to prison for it, then I could at least tell my self that I did something good for people, sure people might say that's stooping to his level, or what ever, but to see fear in his eyes would be a wonderful sight, him just knowing what his fate will be in the end! But this is just my anger talking, I do hope he is caught, I do think this person is well in to their '60s now and has not killed any more, and I do also feel this person was an affluent person in the community and knew people who could keep his secret, because in some sick twisted way these people watched him killed these people then posted it to the dark web red room, I do believe that sounds far reached, but just think about it he can relive it over and over, and make a lot of money from it in the process, and sure at the time the dark web wasn't really thought of when these crimes where committed, but cell phones still had cameras, and I am sure if someone was to travel the dark web I bet my life on it them murders are on there! Because remember these women where killed in one place then put in the places they were found at, how easy would it have been for him to film it or even take pictures, serial killers all have one thing in common the have to keep some sort of trophy of their kill, of all the books I have read on serial killers they all kept some sort of trophy.

I finally got a chance to listen to this. Great timeline.
The key to this case in my opinion is seeing a more detailed connection between the victims.
If you go with the single killer connection how does this killer get the victims besides that they are all sex workers. Is he the John or is he a pimp or a does he have police connection.
My thoughts are he is a rich John who attends sex parties. I believe Shannon Gilbert is key to finding this guy. She says they are going to kill me. The driver also tells a neighbor she is going to be in trouble for contacting the police.
She was in the house for 2 to 3 hrs. Guy says he did not have sex with her so he could just like to watch . I believe there were more wealthy men at his house you pay someone 1500 you expect a lot. So if he passed polygraph he may not be the killer but the killer may have been at his house when it was known she called police he chased after her killing her in the swamp because he was afraid he would be identified. He probably works in NY because the killer called the sister of one of the victims from there.
The driver is from Queens. On one show the friend of one victims said she was in brothel in Queens.
Sex traffickers will keep women locked on brothels forcing them to service John's feeding them drugs and will transport these girls to parties for rich clients.
I think they should find out if driver is connected to any brothels in Queens or if any of the victims pimps are connected to sex traffickers in Queens.
The killer may frequent multiple sex parties and brothels but only kills when he can not control his urge.
Neighbors of Shannon's last John said he had multiple parties at his home since his wife left.
I believe the police did not investigate the neighborhood and should have searched the property of her last John to see what horrors he had in his house.
A prostitute does not call the cops ever knowing the consequences. She experienced something so disturbing in that man's house that she felt the need to screaming for her life .
It seems she would have gone to get in her driver's car but did not. Was he in the house at some point?
Both the doctor and this John no longer live there
With all the publicity the killing seems to have stopped.
This is good news but the killer has not been caught.
These women are someone's daughter some of them are mother's. Some are sisters.
They need justice.
Also I would see if any of their dates uploaded any of these girls activities on the internet. If so they Killer would be able to relieve his date with them over and over through internet *advertiser censored*.
It is a very complex case with little DNA evidence that is to the police not searching for Shannon properly.
All serial killers have a antisocial personality disorder, and most people with that can pass a polygraph test, I know because I am diagnosed with it, no I am not by no means a serial killer I just carry them traits is all. It means people with it have no empathy for people, just look it up in the DSM-V for mental health disorder book.

All serial killers have a antisocial personality disorder, and most people with that can pass a polygraph test, I know because I am diagnosed with it, no I am not by no means a serial killer I just carry them traits is all. It means people with it have no empathy for people, just look it up in the DSM-V for mental health disorder book.
I have no idea how to get to the dark web or I would go and look.

I have no idea how to get to the dark web or I would go and look.
I would not attempt it, it is very dangerous, and coming from me that says a lot, I tried twice and after the second time I received a couple disturbing phone calls, and I never gave my info I went through a lot of trouble to hide my IP address and they or someone found it and got all my contact info, I had to change my cell phone number to a different persons name. basically I had to get some put the phone in their name. So please stay away from it if you do not know what you are doing, you can find your self in a dangerous situation.

That is very interesting, maybe he did kill that Asian guy before her! Then thought she was trying to trick him and he got upset and killed her.
Well, and I always say do not put things past rich people. They have money to entertain any thought they have. I also think the woman and toddler are not from the same killer. I would be curious why the brewers divorced? Maybe infidelity? Do you know where I can find a sketch of woman and toddler. And the dark web does not scare me not even a little bit.

I always have said if you have money you have power and if you have both in unlimited supply, you can do whatever your hearts desire, that even includes murder, child molestation, rape etc. And get away with it all, because people with millions of dollars always have connection to high government officials, from the local police dept., all the way to Washington D.C.. Now with that said most of your run of the mill serial killer is not wealthy by any means, I'm not saying they are poor, I am saying they do not have access to millions of dollars, some of them have very high IQ's some don't, when I was serving my sentence I ran into two serial killers while I was incarcerated, they had multiple life sentences, one was a long haul truck driver, and one worked as a electrician, and no I did not make friends with them but we talked and the one thing they have always said that the people they picked, were weak, and very meek minded, and they never knew their victims personally, so if you look at all these victims they show some qualities of being weak in some way or meek minded in some way.

Right, There has to be an aspect of a person that they look for and know that person can be easily misled or taken advantage of. I found a case on name us years back. It was a child decapitated. So of course no Id. She was found in a basement of an abandoned house. But, she did not fit in the other criteria that you would expect her too coming from a poverty stricken area. I often wondered if she was possibly part of a trafficking ring. If I recall correctly she was well taken care of, had designer clothes on. Nails clipped and freshly painted.if I find it I will get you the number.anyway that’s what I was thinking that this child was part of a ring.

I just want to say I do appreciate our conversations, and it is nice to find people willing to help catch someone who needs to be locked away from society, I paid my debt for my crime and I will never break the law ever again, but when your addicted to drugs and don't have a clear mind to think with, you tend to do stupid stuff, I am glad I have had the opportunity to rehabilitate my self, and know the difference between right and wrong, and to speak out on what is wrong, and for anyone to steal the innocents of a child is in my book the most evil because they have no soul or spirit and a person like that needs to be dealt with accordingly.

The thing is people make mistakes. And in my opinion you cannot judge someone who has made a mistake. Especially the ones who have paid for their mistakes and changed their lives.there are a lot of people that the prison system has become a revolving door for them.but, if you make positive changes they need to be noticed and given another chance to prove themselves and they usually prove to be good people. That made a bad choice.

I am sure I am not alone with this theory but I believe Long Island was likely a dumping ground for more than one killer in a similar way the Texas Killing Fields were. I think it was likely though a dumping ground for at least one Serial Killer the Long Island Killer and that he was likely to be the offender in some of the earlier cases and may even be dormant now:

Number of serial killers out there as elusive as killers themselves
With very few exceptions serial killers always have a cooling down period.

One of the POF,s was Asian. LISK murdered an Asian transvestite along with the others.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams
Back