Solving the Long Island serial killer case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After watching show about it , i see a key element in the case where there wasn't much talk about the mother and the baby being found . I suspect that the killer has ties with the mother and knew her well. Think all the other killings were random at most but to kill a mother and then kill the baby and dump it so far away seems that it was a personal matter. I say it how could he get a baby like that unless he knew her. No prostitute would take there baby with them . And not many have there kids anymore for what they do for a living. So they should look into her and the child there is something about it that stands out from the others and may help solve a lot.... Let's hope they are caught soon....

All of these killers: Gary Ridgeway, Grimm Sleeper, Night Stalker, Golden Gate serial killer, Ted Bundy etc etc Had a victim Escape. If police would have really listened and investigated the prostitute who reported Ridgeway in 1984...It would not have taken until 2001 to capture him!
My point: police need to reinvestigate any sex workers claims of escaping a possible killer. I think this will def help solve this LISK case!
Also, I remembered a 1991 murder in NY with a victim wrapped in burlap, maybe a connection with LISK?

The age rage and height fit. Does anyone know approximately when it's believed that the 1st known victim went missing? TIA

I finally got a chance to listen to this. Great timeline.
The key to this case in my opinion is seeing a more detailed connection between the victims.
If you go with the single killer connection how does this killer get the victims besides that they are all sex workers. Is he the John or is he a pimp or a does he have police connection.
My thoughts are he is a rich John who attends sex parties. I believe Shannon Gilbert is key to finding this guy. She says they are going to kill me. The driver also tells a neighbor she is going to be in trouble for contacting the police.
She was in the house for 2 to 3 hrs. Guy says he did not have sex with her so he could just like to watch . I believe there were more wealthy men at his house you pay someone 1500 you expect a lot. So if he passed polygraph he may not be the killer but the killer may have been at his house when it was known she called police he chased after her killing her in the swamp because he was afraid he would be identified. He probably works in NY because the killer called the sister of one of the victims from there.
The driver is from Queens. On one show the friend of one victims said she was in brothel in Queens.
Sex traffickers will keep women locked on brothels forcing them to service John's feeding them drugs and will transport these girls to parties for rich clients.
I think they should find out if driver is connected to any brothels in Queens or if any of the victims pimps are connected to sex traffickers in Queens.
The killer may frequent multiple sex parties and brothels but only kills when he can not control his urge.
Neighbors of Shannon's last John said he had multiple parties at his home since his wife left.
I believe the police did not investigate the neighborhood and should have searched the property of her last John to see what horrors he had in his house.
A prostitute does not call the cops ever knowing the consequences. She experienced something so disturbing in that man's house that she felt the need to screaming for her life .
It seems she would have gone to get in her driver's car but did not. Was he in the house at some point?
Both the doctor and this John no longer live there
With all the publicity the killing seems to have stopped.
This is good news but the killer has not been caught.
These women are someone's daughter some of them are mother's. Some are sisters.
They need justice.
Also I would see if any of their dates uploaded any of these girls activities on the internet. If so they Killer would be able to relieve his date with them over and over through internet *advertiser censored*.
It is a very complex case with little DNA evidence that is to the police not searching for Shannon properly.
I agree with you 100% this is a wealthy sex ring attended by the towns police and city officials.

As much as I would like to believe that Shanon died at the hands of an evil person, I have to believe the police were right, that she died from exposure and not at the hands of LISK. However, ultimately, I believe her death was the result of the cruelty of the men who drugged and abused her to the point of her fearing for her life and sent her running blindly into the unfamiliar weeds in the black of night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams
Back