Some want doctor fired because of Facebook post

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow Nova, you have some awesome drs! I would LOVE to have a 10 to 15 minute wait. I never wait less than than 30 minutes and most of the time it's at least an hour. Because of that I avoid Dr visits for myself at all costs, though I do still have to take the kiddos. My daughter's drs office charges extra if you are late for the appt, but of course you don't get a discount when the Dr is late.

I'm so sorry, Angel. I remember when it used to be that way. Maybe my doctors are on time because I now live in a town with a lot retired people. Maybe patients are on time and that keeps doctors moving. (Not that I'm blaming you, of course.)

I do know that I get a reminder card when I make the appointment, a phone call the day before an appointment, and a text message a few hours before an appointment.

Here's the conversations screen post.

The doctor was lamenting about the patient being hours late and sometimes just not showing at all.

When a patient is late it makes all the other patients later in the day late, too.

Screen_Shot_2013-02-04_at_11.09.16_AM.png

The only callous remark I see if the Child psychologist gossiping about the mother drinking.

Yes, it was public. But No, it was NOT on the facebook fan page for Mothers or the hospital. It was clearly her own personal facebook.

Here's the conversations screen post.

The doctor was lamenting about the patient being hours late and sometimes just not showing at all.

When a patient is late it makes all the other patients later in the day late, too.

Screen_Shot_2013-02-04_at_11.09.16_AM.png

The only callous remark I see if the Child psychologist gossiping about the mother drinking.

Yes, it was public. But No, it was NOT on the facebook fan page for Mothers or the hospital. It was clearly her own personal facebook.

Thank you so much for that. Puts it all into perspective and I do not see anything except as you mentioned. Definitely not something to fire a person over and I believe the hospital handled it correctly. As my Father would say...let this be your lesson.

I'm so sorry, Angel. I remember when it used to be that way. Maybe my doctors are on time because I now live in a town with a lot retired people. Maybe patients are on time and that keeps doctors moving. (Not that I'm blaming you, of course.)

I do know that I get a reminder card when I make the appointment, a phone call the day before an appointment, and a text message a few hours before an appointment.

same here most of my Drs unless an emergency comes up are pretty much on time. especially my family dr. i've only had to wait between 10 - 15 minutes usually.

it can also be that perhaps the practice doesn't load up on a dozen people all set for the same time like i've had it at other practices.

I agree with TrackerSam. Since when is a doctor EVER on time for your appointment?? But they expect YOU to be on time!!

I don't remember a doctor ever being late for one of my (or my child's) appointments. When I was a kid the doctor was always late, but that was 20-30 years ago.
My personal opinion: if your doctor is consistently late, go to a different doctor. I know I most certainly would, and nothing says "your service sucks" like never going back.

I agree with TrackerSam. Since when is a doctor EVER on time for your appointment?? But they expect YOU to be on time!!

Yeah well these days you can always call them ahead of time. I don't mind a 15 min wait but if they have a history of going longer then I call before I head down for the appointment.

I see nothing wrong with the Dr's comments.

Really? I don't think she needs to be hanged at high noon, but how would you feel if you had lost a child to a still-birth and then read about it on a public forum?

Two very close friends of mine tried in vitro but none of the embryos survived to implantation. Their grief was palpable, even though the wife had never actually "carried" even an embryo.

I can barely imagine the pain of losing a baby you have carried for nine months. And then to find it casually mentioned on a message board--even if your identity wasn't obvious?!

Talk about poring salt on an open wound. :shudder:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back