Something Else

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please tell me where I can read this statement from John Ramsey. I don't remember ever reading it anywhere. Thanks!

Toth said:
Flashlights and tupperware look pretty much 'standard' and would be considered difficult to identify with particularity.
Only in the Ramsey household, where selective memory recall is the rule.

We have several flashlights in case of power cuts which thankfully don't occur here very often. However, we have a very sensitive home electric system and often, when a lightbulb 'blows', the electricity 'trips' and we have to reset it. I'm first up each morning and I shower, dress and waken the girls. A few mornings ago, I came out of my bedroom and switched on the hall light. But the bulb blew, the electricity tripped and I was left in total darkness. I managed to fumble my way downstairs to the study where the electrical cupboard is and I felt for the switch which was in the opposite direction from the rest and flipped it so that various lights then came on.

I did wish that I had a flashlight because I lost my balance at one point on the stairs.

Is this kind of electrical system common in the US? It's really only found in modern homes here (our house is 10 years old). IF JonBenet was head-bashed with the flashlight - why on earth wouldn anyone have one at hand?I simply cannot imagine myself or Patsy Ramsey using a flashlight to creep around the house at night JUST to save putting on lights and disturbing people. We have dimmer switches for that purpose.

Jayelles,

You should get your electrical system in the house checked. The circuit breaker shouldn't trip just because a light bulb blew. It sounds like there's an intermittent short circuit somewhere, which could eventually cause an electrical fire. And how come ALL the lights went out when just ONE circuit breaker tripped. Was it the MAIN BREAKER that tripped?

Back to flashlights. I keep a flashlight in my bedroom. That way I can check the thermostat and other things in the middle of the night without turning on lights and disturbing those who are asleep (my house is full of kids and they use the living room as a dormitory).

In defense of the Ramseys, they were shown a photograph of a flashlight and asked if it was theirs. They responded that it looked like one they owned. What else could they say?

JMO

I thought I read somewhere that Arndt used John's cellphone that morning at the house because hers had died. Can't remember where I read it, but I do remember that. Wouldn't that call have ended up on the records?

And Shylock, that was a funny post about JR's selective memory (the compass on the shoes, I LMAO), how very true.

BlueCrab said:
Jayelles,

You should get your electrical system in the house checked. The circuit breaker shouldn't trip just because a light bulb blew. It sounds like there's an intermittent short circuit somewhere, which could eventually cause an electrical fire. And how come ALL the lights went out when just ONE circuit breaker tripped. Was it the MAIN BREAKER that tripped?

Back to flashlights. I keep a flashlight in my bedroom. That way I can check the thermostat and other things in the middle of the night without turning on lights and disturbing those who are asleep (my house is full of kids and they use the living room as a dormitory).

In defense of the Ramseys, they were shown a photograph of a flashlight and asked if it was theirs. They responded that it looked like one they owned. What else could they say?

JMO

It seems to be fairly typical for the circuit to break if a lightbulb goes. It is only the circuit it's on that goes so it an overhead bulb blows, the overhead lights go off - but not the plugs. If a lamp bulb goes, then only that circuit goes. Also, we have spot lights in other rooms and if one of those goes, the circuit doesn't go. It seems to be just if it's a solitary light.

We're having an extension built soon. I'll mention it to the electrician. We have all sorts of safety devices installed - smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, circuit breakers etc. They are a legal requirement in modern homes here.

Thanks.

The only way your circuit breaker should trip itself off is if there is a power surge when you turn on the light, or if you have a short in that circuit. Do your bulbs last an unusually short time? You should have it checked out either way and very soon because it really could be the source of an electrical fire someday. It would be money well spent if you have to hire an electrician to come and see about it. After all, we sure don't want you, your family, or your computer in any danger.

TOTH -- Can you provide a place where I can read about John Ramsey saying the cell phone/s were lost? I don't recall reading anywhere about this. Thanks!

If I thought I was being monitored,I think I may have chosen the cell to call 911. Did they? Do we know? Did Patsy have to give an address? Did they call the friends on the home phone or the cell?

cookie said:
The only way your circuit breaker should trip itself off is if there is a power surge when you turn on the light, or if you have a short in that circuit. Do your bulbs last an unusually short time? You should have it checked out either way and very soon because it really could be the source of an electrical fire someday. It would be money well spent if you have to hire an electrician to come and see about it. After all, we sure don't want you, your family, or your computer in any danger.

How long is a short time? We replace bulbs maybe once or twice a year and complain about their short lifetime. Some of our bulbs are the Scandanavian long-life Eco bulbs and I've never replaced any of those - some are maybe 4/5 year old. They are very expensive, but it seems to be worth the expense. The electricity used to trip when we used the lawnmower and we discovered that there was a faulty wire in the lawnmower. But I appreciate your concern and I will get it checked. We have maintenance insurance on the electrics.

PS The tripping only ever occurs when we switch on a light. It doesn't happen when the light IS on. I've always thought it was sensitive but also thought that we were safer because it was sensitive. As I recall, we mentioned it to the builder at the time the house was new and he reassured us then.

sissi said:
If I thought I was being monitored,I think I may have chosen the cell to call 911. Did they? Do we know? Did Patsy have to give an address? Did they call the friends on the home phone or the cell?

From what we've read, Patsy didn't use the cell to call 911. She used their land phone.

Right, Imon, I'm quite sure that somewhere it states that Patsy used the land phone to call 911.

However, the cell phone (which was later conveniently said to have been misplaced) was probably used to summon whomever added to the 3 a.m. chaos John mentioned on LKL. Hmmm...I wonder who that could be?

Could it be...hmmm, could his initials be MB? That old snowshoeing bunny him...... ;)

I hate to sound like a broken record, but is there somewhere I can read that John Ramsey said the cell phone/s was lost? As I said before, I don't recall having read that anywhere before. Thanks!

Cell phones were used in the Ramsey home because the main phone was not to be used in case the "kidnapper" called.

The Whites and/or Fernies could have brought along their cell phones as well as the victim's advocates. I know that 911 was called on a cell phone after JonBenet's body was discovered.

Patsy Ramsey did not call the BPD to check on their progress until July of 1997....seven months after the murder.

Let us remember that Patsy Ramsey lead us step-by-step as to the events of that fateful morning. She also tells of John's whereabouts and what he did prior to police showing up. That tells me that they remember every little detail...yet when it comes to the night before...they have selective memory.

I still say that the Ramsey's knew about it after the fact and covered up for some reason.

Why on earth would they want to do that?
What in their background makes you think that would be part of their nature?

Woohoo, Toth, *whistle* over here! Okay, now that I have your attention I'll remind you for the umpteeth time why the Rs would do that: To cover for Burke.

the broken window. If JR gained access via the window, why in the world was it not fixed immediately, and why wasn't there a user-friendly alarm system that was used, and the basement grates secured? $500,000 was spent to remodel the house, and the basement was easily accessible. It doesn't make sense to me that security was overlooked--particularly since JR was becoming quite wealthy and was highly visible on Pearl Street....JBR's visibility due to the pageants...and a jaguar parked in the garage. All someone had to do was see the jaguar somewhere, and then trace the license plate, to find out where the owner lived.

Anyone that targeted the family for whatever reason, had an easy way into the house, because of the broken window and unsecured grate. There's no point in beating the Ramseys up over this---but those items, IMO, allowed the perp to enter the house---once he did that the rest was easy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches
Back