Son dresses as Daphne from Scooby Doo for party

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well maybe I am missing something, but since when putting values on the opinions of others is a bad thing? Nobody lives in a vacuum.

If a little boy wants to dress as a girl for Halloween, he should feel free to so. If people have a problem with that, said little boy should not feel the need to bend to their will. This little boy is not in the wrong; it's the close-minded segment of society that is. Those who said that this costume would turn this child 'gay', need to refrain from concern trolling and open up a book and educate themselves. People are born with a predetermined sexuality and throwing the kid into the middle of a soccer field and denying him the right to express himself via 'feminine' things isn't going to change it or encourage it.

Why shouldn't the kid want to costume as Daphne Blake? She totally rocks. Maybe this isn't a gender issue for him. Perhaps, what the boy identifies with are her other qualities, like her curiosity and intuition, her strength and independence. But if it is about gender, so be it. He could dress as the Terminator, and it wouldn't make a difference.

If Halloween costumes (or in some cases Mardi Gras costumes) define a child's identity, I'm lucky my son didn't grow up to be a red crayon.

Kudos to this mom for respecting her son's choices.
But if he did become a "red crayon" he would be loved just as much, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member