Source: Casey's Attorney Marketing Photos To Media

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is that JB was trying to get a book/movie deal and when that got out he had to pull back on that...So now it is selling pictures of Caylee,there is no way the D is going to have enough money to keep this going till trial IMO..You will see some of the high priced experts drop off this case before it gets to trial

I wonder if Casey has the pictures on her? I mean otherwise they would have to get them from Cindy and George right?
OMG, I think I'll go and just ::puke::

My guess is that she gave them to Jose Baez when she was out of jail on bond.
She probably bought lots more stuff out of that house to his office in her big purse.
She could have handed the stuff to Baez when he visited her at home.

I don't understand why many think he just got the photos.

JoAnn_W

Work with me on this one, peeps-Didn't Baez rant in court and afterwards with the last hearing that he was not in the business of selling photos? That he didn't own photos and that it was a spurious allegation?? Anyone???

He's a lawyer, not a photo seller. I can see why he doesn't view himself as in business to sell photos.
I'm pretty sure Casey still owns the photos, so I think he can fairly say he doesn't own photos.
Tacky and wrong in so many ways- but it looks like he represents Casey and is handling her legal and financial affairs and highly motivated to collect his fees.

JoAnn_W

Casey Anthony owns the image of her daughter.
If her parents took pics and then try to sell them,
well, they could actually be sued. Casey owns Caylee's
image. Period.

That's not true. The photographer actually owns the images.

Any outlet willing to pay for them at this point doesn't deserve an audience!

Yes, which is precisely why I predict we'll soon see this teaser from JB's bestest bud...

"Tonight on GERALDO! Exclusive! Previously unseen photos of Caylee Marie!"

:mad:

Supposedly one media outlet already turned him down, anyone know who it is/

I'm confussed. How can Casey sell these Photo's? I thought there was a law that covered this.

I understand the money is going to the defense, but it's still the same thing. Can't use drug money to pay for you lawyer either... And that would be what this amounts to being.

I could see someone saying she hasn't be proven guilty yet. Ok, then if she is found guilty, then ALL the money would have to be returned to the state. The lawyer shouldn't be allowed to be paid with that money,if she is guilty.

I'm confussed. How can Casey sell these Photo's? I thought there was a law that covered this.

I understand the money is going to the defense, but it's still the same thing. Can't use drug money to pay for you lawyer either... And that would be what this amounts to being.

I could see someone saying she hasn't be proven guilty yet. Ok, then if she is found guilty, then ALL the money would have to be returned to the state. The lawyer shouldn't be allowed to be paid with that money,if she is guilty.

She's allowed to sell anything to raise funds for a defense. No laws against this. Some people mortgage their homes, some people sell their jewelery.

.. Some people sell pictures of their dead daughter ...

it's 100% legal.

Until she is convicted of murdering Caylee, she can sell photos of Caylee, herself, or even down to her personal diaries. Nothing can be done about it now.

Anyone else think part of the reason for JB and LKB being on the Today show this morning was to make sure KC's stays in the national news, thereby drumming up business for the photo sales? I somehow doubt they flew to NY for the show JUST to spout the same carp that KC is innocent and it will all make sense at trial. Maybe they were shopping the photos around to media outlets in NY? I was surprised to not see any Caylee photos shown during their interview- maybe Today grew a pair and refused to buy them? Or JB wanted more thaan they would pay? Or he;s holdig them back to give GR the "exclusive" this weekend?

Anyone else think part of the reason for JB and LKB being on the Today show this morning was to make sure KC's stays in the national news, thereby drumming up business for the photo sales? I somehow doubt they flew to NY for the show JUST to spout the same carp that KC is innocent and it will all make sense at trial. Maybe they were shopping the photos around to media outlets in NY? I was surprised to not see any Caylee photos shown during their interview- maybe Today grew a pair and refused to buy them? Or JB wanted more thaan they would pay? Or he;s holdig them back to give GR the "exclusive" this weekend?

I am sure she has them stored online with photobucket or something. She just needs to give him the login info.

I wonder if Casey has the pictures on her? I mean otherwise they would have to get them from Cindy and George right?
OMG, I think I'll go and just ::puke::

I guessed right! Leonard Padilla said last night on Nancy Grace that Casey gave JB the pictures in August. He said there was infighting about this.

JoAnn

What gets me is...has LE or the pros been on t.v. or spoken to the press lately? NO! We've heard little from them since Caylee was positively identified. It's been all Baez and his team yacking it up on our t.v. screens and in our newspapers, yet he wants to piss and moan about the media covering this case....and here he goes...doing yet another interview and now he's trying to sell pics! If he wants the media attention to die down until the trial, he ought to stop flying around the nation to do interviews and showing his mug on the t.v. He can blame the media on all the coverage all he wants, but the media would have a less to report if he and his team kept their butts in Orlando, or where ever, and in their office chairs working on this case. He doesn't need to be out peddling photos of Casey and Caylee. He wants to blame LE, the Pros, and the media for influencing the jury pool, but he's doing the same darn thing! I hope to goodness no one is interesting in purchasing those pics. It's not illegal what he's doing, but boy is it unethical and immoral.

I don't think there will be much of a market for these photos. Maybe for videos, but photos, no. If he had marketed them a few months ago, he would have been in a better position to sell. I think the media interest in this case will decline after the memorial service and not pick up again until the trial.

I guessed right! Leonard Padilla said last night on Nancy Grace that Casey gave JB the pictures in August. He said there was infighting about this.

JoAnn

Yes, LP said Casey and Cindy had a huge fight about this. Cindy did not want to let Casey take Caylee's photos to JB's office for possible sale later.

I hope Cindy and George got a chance to scan them to their computer first so they wouldn't completely lose Caylee's precious baby pictures.

She's allowed to sell anything to raise funds for a defense. No laws against this. Some people mortgage their homes, some people sell their jewelery.

.. Some people sell pictures of their dead daughter ...

it's 100% legal.
Well if JB likens himself to Hitler then I can make the comparison that this is similar to the Nazis taking ownership of lucrative artwork and possessions of the very people they slaughtered. Blood money if you ask me. JMHO

(sorry if this is a bad analogy...it just sickens me that they're looking to make money off the back of this dead child)

Yes, LP said Casey and Cindy had a huge fight about this. Cindy did not want to let Casey take Caylee's photos to JB's office for possible sale later.

I hope Cindy and George got a chance to scan them to their computer first so they wouldn't completely lose Caylee's precious baby pictures.

I find this very telling- that JB planned so far ahead. Which makes the suspicion that he might be manipulating this case to his advantage (not his client's) that much stronger.

Ok, please clear me up. I assumed they were speaking of photos of the poor child's body. I think the media would pay big bucks for that. Otherwise, why would pictures even be of much value?

I hope I am wrong because I will actually feel better than I do right now. The thought of selling forensic type photos made me feel sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay