Source: Casey's Attorney Marketing Photos To Media

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped by me

I think you're right. Baez always seems to do things at the last minute. This time his procrastination may literally cost him.

Do you think the pictures are part of a deal, contingent on an interview with the Mother of the Year? I just can't see any media outlet needing any more pictures.

Wonder how long it will be before they market a CD of this service (the music was beautiful) and Caylee's song.

I think the time for selling photos is about over..Caylee was a precious child but she is gone. It bothers me that they are still splashing her photos across the media. Seeing her every day is kind of a moot point..most of us will never forget her as it is. If she were still missing it would be totally different.

If/when Casey is convicted , I hope they add a year of jail time for every photo that was sold.

I think the time for selling photos is about over..Caylee was a precious child but she is gone. It bothers me that they are still splashing her photos across the media. Seeing her every day is kind of a moot point..most of us will never forget her as it is. If she were still missing it would be totally different.

If/when Casey is convicted , I hope they add a year of jail time for every photo that was sold.

I feel the same about seeing her photos over and over again, especially on Nancy Grace. It is painful to see the beautiful little child's pictures over the media over and over again -- I truly wish this would cease.

I m very anger over the fact that Casey could sit in Court and smile after knowing she killed her beautiful baby and then cause further indignity to her dead daughter by selling pictures to ABC !!!

OMG....she profited off her own baby girl she murdered to save her own arse from death !

Why isn't everyone else upset by this? ...Shame on ABC too!

I'll give Casey this much, she has good luck. Things seem to fall into place for her and Baez. I sure hope that luck runs out and she sits and faces her maker and not because of some accident but because somebody pulled the switch and knocked that ugly grin off her evil and selfish face:furious:

This stuff should be illegal !!!!
Charleyann

Work with me on this one, peeps-Didn't Baez rant in court and afterwards with the last hearing that he was not in the business of selling photos? That he didn't own photos and that it was a spurious allegation?? Anyone???

Interesting day today

Casey Anthony: ABC News says it licensed ‘library of photos’ through attorney
ABC, Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose

In court today, Baez revealed that “$200,000 came from a deal that was done by my client with the American Broadcasting Co. ABC.”

A prosecutor asked: “ABC News?”

Baez said: “Yes.”

That money has been paid, and there is no deal for future money from ABC, Baez said. Baez also dismissed as a rumor the report that he is getting $700,000 in the future.

I asked ABC News if the deal was done with Casey Anthony.

The deal was done with an attorney representing several owners of copyrighted content, ABC News spokeswoman Cathie Levine said. That attorney is Baez, she added.

The deal was done in the summer of 2008. Casey Anthony was later charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...ensed-library-of-photos-through-attorney.html

It should be illegal to get ANY kind of financial deals before trial! I can't believe this is allowed!

So is the "Person in Connecticut" still funding her defense? Did the defense lie about a bank roller in Connecticut. Hmmm I didn't realize "ABC" was an independent person residing in Connecticut taking up individual criminal cases.

People are angry and were angry....at the time it came out. Although it was finally confirmed today, it's old news. It isn't right and people are still angry. But the rants happened a long time ago.

It should be illegal to get ANY kind of financial deals before trial! I can't believe this is allowed!

I agree..The Son of Sam law should be extended to those who are awaiting trial. It's dispicable and Inmate Anthony and her family have no qualms about it. Goes to show you what kind of characters they all are. Serious character flaws..Unfrigginbelievable..

Jose Baez should be arrested for lying about who brokered the deal!:furious:

Hmmm... I wonder who the other "several owners of copyrighted content" that Baez represents... ARE??? How did he come to be brokering pictures deals with ABC? Could it be the Anthony's &Co.? DOH!

I bet he is wishing right now that he would have held out for more $$.

Hmmm... I wonder who the other "several owners of copyrighted content" that Baez represents... ARE??? How did he come to be brokering pictures deals with ABC? Could it be the Anthony's &Co.? DOH!

If I had to guess I would say GA and CA maybe even LA who knows. Well if there were more than one deal (several owners of copyrighted content), what was the other deal, how much did it pay, to whom was it paid and where is that money now. BY the way I thought an attorney could not broker deals for a client. he said in the hearing today he went through someone else that did the deal but it sounds like ABC is saying JB made the deal.

Seriously - we need our legal eagles to weigh in...if JB did (and looks like he in fact "did") broker deals for KC and others, isn't that a HUGE, HUGE conflict of interest? I mean, no wonder he didn't want her to plea, the longer the case drags on, the more media interest, the more money there is to be made. I think this would be highly illegal.

She exploits her child simply because she was murdered. No one would have paid anything for those photos clearly unless Caylee was murdered. Uh, missing. Nope murdered.

That alone is STONE COLD. Let's add to it the fact that Casey killed her to begin with, and well then it is mind boggling.

But I for one would like to point this out to Baez and Casey-if you sold the rights to the photos outright, then the network has made 10 times what you sold them for. oops. Bummer for you.

(I am assuming the rights were sold for a finite amount, and not licensed to the network because Casey is claiming she is out of money.)

OK. Let me get this straight... An (alleged, [cough]) Murderer gets to sell photos of their victim while their victim was still alive, in order to pay for their defense.....

wtf???

ADD: they have Nebia (sp) hearings to make sure drug dealers aren't using drug money to pay for their defense, because the courts know that is obviously WRONG. Why not in this circumstance?? Why is this ok??

Bradley (Earl the rapist pediatrician in Lewes MD) is having his accounts frozen, so he is losing his defense attornies. The next step would be for him to sell his tapes? Photos? CV?? License them to get a quick buck so he can keep his defense team??

just sayin

I think it is important to make the record clear. On 3-14-10 I typed notes from a blog talk radio show because one of our members and respected Florida defense lawyers, Richard Hornsby, was one of the guests. Another guest, Miss Rozzie Franco made some statements that I typed as she spoke. I have no idea, none, who she is or the veracity of her statements, or where else she may have made the same claims. So for the record.......the claim that Mr. Baez has a deal with ABC for $700,000.00 to be paid after the trial is to the best of my knowledge an unsubstantiated rumor. In the interest of fairness I wanted to post this somewhere prominent, as prominent as the thread that contained Ms. Franco's remarks. Today 3-19-10 Mr. Baez testified in open court, under oath he has no such deal, whatsoever.

Mr. Hornsby agrees, it is a rumor that he has no personal knowledge of.

Attorney Richard Hornsby " If I might digress for a second. I do not believe there is some $700K deal out there, nor have I ever thought that.

Rozzie Franco, who has a gift for salacious comments, is the one who stated that "rumor" on the BlogTalk interview. I never agreed with her, nor even followed up as it was out in left field; which I thought was obvious until the blogs got a hold of her statement - some attributing it to me.

Personally, the one rumor I heard from different, mainstream reporters was for $250K paid up front, and $250K to be paid at the back end "when she was acquitted." That was before it was verified that it was ABC who paid the money, and before Baez confirmed the 200K today.

And my only real point, is the sole source of the 700K rumor is from Rozzie Franco who just blurted it out. Neither I, nor Steph Watts agreed with her or said we heard the same thing. I just think it should end, as being unsubstantiated and unlikely rumor from Roz. "

My blog: Florida Law and the Criminal Justice System
My site: Orlando Criminal Defense Lawyer
My team: The University of Florida Gators
My favorite quote: “The only real lawyers are trial lawyers, and trial lawyers try cases to juries.” - Clarence Darrow
Last edited by rhornsby; Today at 04:54 PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay