Sources: Casey Anthony Intentionally Killed Caylee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey was in such a crazed state that she did not carry out the murder as she had planned - hence there is probably evidence of her being where the body was found. She panicked and thought she could get away with cutting corners in terms of leaving a trail - now she's cooked.

Now they are opening the door to a guilty plea which, because of the pompous attorney's need for attention, won't happen. Part of me thinks this thing is not going to go to trial and part of me thinks because of stupidity of the players involved, will. Casey maybe really believes she could get away with this. I say it again, please let me stick the needle in. Better yet, bring back the chair.

If you will go back through this case, you will find many, many instances where their "sources" could only be LE. The information which "leaked" turned out to be coming directly from their reports and information only they would have had access to in order to release it.

I think what we are dealing with here are posters who have not followed this all along, so they don't see the pattern of "sources" right before something big happens.

I'm sure there was rage that night. But there must have been some kind of planning, because of the internet searches. Do we know the dates of those searches for chloroform? Maybe she was planning it, but the explosion that night, cinched it for her. The ultimate "wound" in the continuing argument between KC and her mother, was the murder of Caylee. Then she felt the added "benefit" of freedom from responsibility.

I think the planning was there, and the igniting moment came that night.

Just my opinion, of course.

I know others are posting their experience re: difficulty of working w/ duct tape in gloves. In my line work this is done daily. Latex and/or nitrile gloves. Gloves sometimes tear even on the pro's, but, it can be done. I don't think its a good idea to splash out there HOW its done...just FWIW, it can and is done.

I'm sorry but I'm not really sure why ANYONE is introducing the idea that the tape found on the remains is GAFF TAPE and not DUCT TAPE. Two TOTALLY DIFFERENT types of tape. All the reports from LE, etc. that have been reported in the media have referred only to DUCT TAPE.

Here is what gaff tape is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaffer_tape

Here is what duct tape is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duct_tape

Although both are pressure sensitive, one is backed with cotton material and the other vinyl.

PLEASE, PLEASE don't try to confuse the issue ... it makes me think that anyone that tries to say gaff tape was with the remains is trying to point the finger at someone who has not been implicated and is merely involved because she just happens to be a friend of the accused.

I'm sorry but I'm not really sure why ANYONE is introducing the idea that the tape found on the remains is GAFF TAPE and not DUCT TAPE. Two TOTALLY DIFFERENT types of tape. All the reports from LE, etc. that have been reported in the media have referred only to DUCT TAPE.

Here is what gaff tape is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaffer_tape

Here is what duct tape is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duct_tape

Although both are pressure sensitive, one is backed with cotton material and the other vinyl.

PLEASE, PLEASE don't try to confuse the issue ... it makes me think that anyone that tries to say gaff tape was with the remains is trying to point the finger at someone who has not been implicated and is merely involved because she just happens to be a friend of the accused.

Just after Caylee was found to have tape on her Geraldo was giving an impromp-to 'breaking news' deal. He was the one calling it gaff tape. He called it that several times. Michael Baden was there with a roll of duct/duck tape and was calling it duct tape and doing a demonstration of just how good the tape was at collecting prints and tissue. He also pointed up that it would be nearly impossible to use with latex/rubber gloves too. Baden also demonstrated tearing the tape with his teeth and leaving DNA evidence behind.

So...blame the Gaff tape on Geraldo. I was watching 'live' and I honestly couldn't understand why one of them was saying duct and the other gaff. I didn't even know what Gaffer tape was.

I believe there is SO MUCH MORE to this case than we have a clue about now and it is going to be VERY UGLY in my opinion.
25th july 2pm visit part 2
GA: The longer and longer that this drags on ...
KC: The harder its gonna be...
GA: Theres gonna be maybe additional things that everyone might ...I dont want to get into that but yeah, its getting very very crucial thatwe gotta get you outa here.

Im weeping now
And all this info just before I go to bed
Please no one gloat over the fact that *you*were right about it being intentional and those of us that tried to hold onto some kind of humanity that Casey accidentally killed Caylee now have egg on our faces
Please do not gloat
A little girl , a beautiful little girl is dead.
Right now a Mother and Father have lost not only their granddaughter but also their daughter.
It just isnt the time to gloat

A very sad Jane :(

Jane,
I have read a lot of your posts, and while I did not agree with you, I was impressed that you stuck to your beliefs. I am sorry that your faith in humanity was, in this case, shaken. I do not believe that there is anyone here who will gloat, or say "I told you so." Bless you for your kind heart, and I am sending you a hug from florida!{{{{{{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Diz

I don't find anything remarkable about the article itself. It's old news, with the exception of the botany and entomology reports. Until now, I had not seen any report on the flora and fauna at the crime scene. If this is new -- maybe I just missed it earlier -- it was likely an offensive move by the SA to dispel any theories about the body being moved from place to place before team KC starts throwing up smoke and mirrors vis a vis the MR and PI's.

Otherwise, the article is not particularly newsworthy. We know the State has enough evidence to convict, otherwise she would not have been indicted. The timing is interesting, though. Not sure what to make of it yet. A little nudge to JB, maybe. We've got the goods. DP still an option. Don't waste time and money with a trial. Advise your client to plea.

I respectfully disagree with that.

If LE was aware of someone who knew in advance KC was planning to kill Casey, that person certainly wouldn't be a tossed around as mere threat or potential "witness". That person would of already been charged as an accomplice and be equally responsible for Caylee's death. By mention of KC being "solely responsible" says the evidence they have suggests NO ONE knew in advance. No passing the blame on others in that....this is all about KC.

I respectfully disagree:)
This could have very well have been an action that didn't seem like a plan at the time, yet when Caylee went missing it all seemed to make since. There are those statements that have not been released, including Annie's. There is a strong possibility that she seen something or heard Casey say something that was abnormal at the time, but 31 days later made much since to her!

A big thanks to 21merc7 & Angel Who Cares for posting the story & the video. Much appreciated!

In summary, IMHO, the report is basically telling us that the botanist's & entomologist's findings triangulate the timeline that ties:
(1) the date & time of death, to
(2) the body being xfer'd from the Pontiac to this disposal location without any lapse in the chain of custody of the body as determined by
(3) continuous possession the Pontiac.​

IMHO, the clear possession of the Pontiac will be the thread that pulls all this together and sews Casey up.

Detailing these points…

Perhaps the botanist's results re: plant growth through the skeletal remains, will be the evidence that definitively proves the body was in the final disposal location from the time it was discovered, working backwards, until the date it was removed from the Pontiac. IOW the body was not put there by someone other than Casey at a time other than when it left the trunk of the Pontiac based on the ADD (of ~2.6days) - no ZFG & no body shuffle by anyone else - period.

Perhaps the entomologist’s results will confirm the date & time of death independent of the circumstantial evidence we currently have (i.e. ADD of ~2.6 days is a duration not a date/time, and last known witness of 12:50PM 6/16 is all we currently have to establish the earliest possible date/time of death).

Add to the above that at no time close to the date & time of Caylee’s death (week of 6/15) was the Pontiac in anyone’s possession other than Casey’s, and you have a solid chain of custody that ties Casey DIRECTLY to the body through the Pontiac. This chain of custody would prove Casey’s culpability beyond a reasonable doubt, IMHO.

Fingerprints on the duct tape would just make the case even more iron clad identifying Casey’s culpability, IMHO, it just likely won’t prove the manner of death any better.

Perhaps the pivotal point of this case at trial will be proving the source of the chloroform in the trunk. Based on what we know at this time the absence of a reasonable explanation for that elevated level of chloroform will make it circumstantial evidence pointing to its use in carrying out the crime, implying intention. The SA strategy might be to try to put the burden on the defense to explain it away. I’m not wild about this proposition…so I’m hoping there’s more evidence to come regarding the chloroform as recovered from the disposal or G&C’s via the final SW.​

…on the emotional side of all of this…I’m completely there with you guys on the wide range this news brings. IMHO, there are NO winners in all of this…Caylee’s life was taken…no amount of justice will reverse that sad fact.:frown: If there is a silver-lining…it maybe that through the efforts of many, many good & decent people, justice maybe served…and this apparent flagrant, deceitful victory of evil overpowering the innocent good is but fleeting…and that our/my faith in the victory of good over evil can be restored. I have faith that balance is never upset in the grand scheme…just here where we witness it…it gets kicked outta kilter sometimes.

And finally, it isn’t lost on me that the VERY thing that is sewing all of this together is dear, sweet, little, 2 year old, Caylee Marie. She LE everything they needed…her very flesh and bone. She didn’t need to do that for herself…she gave that gift for us to have the justice we need. Moreover, she gifted the world with a living example of how the power of our love for one another can move us…so much more profoundly than evil ever could.

…sorry the long post & for waxing poetic…I just had to pen that outta my system. :rolleyes:

Bolded because it needed to be....
:rose::rose::rose::prayer::rose::rose::rose:

bessie: don't waste time and money with a trial. Advise your client to plea.

That would be merciful at this point!!!! I hope so.

I remember it as being Geraldo who brought the Gaff tape up, too.

No big surprise since, imo, he evidently is working with the defense in such a close way. He hasn't been too anxious to push any of the real facts of this case unless it favors them in some remote way or he can spin it towards them, IMO.

ITA-and although it may sound cynical, I don't believe "leaks" are just leaks- someone didn't just wake up this morning thinking"Hmm, I think I'll give that reporter a call and tell them how I feel about this case, even if it means I could be suspended or fired for leaking the info." Leaks are usually strategic in nature, LE or SA is "leaking to get a message across to defense or perp or to scare them into making a move that would benefit Prosecution. I think this is a very well thought out leak, maybe designed to show some of their hand to defense in hopes of forcing a deal, say LWOP vs. state putting DP back on table due to the "intentional" act info being leaked. JMO

Don't read too much into the timing. I can tell you from my years as a reporter, often it's happenstance. You run into someone at, say, a court hearing or even in the courthouse hallway and grab them for an interview or ask if they could sit down and talk later that day. If they have been dodging you or simply haven't been available to talk to, it's an opportunity.

Yes, it might be strategic on their part but it could be just be being at the right place at the right time.

If you will go back through this case, you will find many, many instances where their "sources" could only be LE or the defense. The information which "leaked" turned out to be coming directly from their reports and information only they would have had access to in order to release it.

I don't see the reasoning behind someone that close to the case leaking this kind of info. If the report is true, then the state has a slam dunk at trial, an airtight case even for the DP. If this info is true but was leaked...then why? I know that some believe that it is to get Casey to confess and cop to some plea. But why? I'd really think that the prosecutor would want to throw the full force of the book at her, especailly if they have "overwhelming" evidence rather than just making a deal with casey. You make a deal if you feel you case isn't as strong as you'd like it to be.
I also just have a huge issue with the media's ethical violations in this report. News outlets/journalists have ethics policies that deal with "anonymous sources." Most cover the fact that these sources aren't to be used to level personal attacks. This has gone way beyond and gives JB a lot of fuel to complain with more drawn out hearings that the media has declared his client guilty of intentional murder with overwhelming evidence making it impossible for her to get the fair trial in which she is entitled. The media report crossed an ethics line and this report (if it remains unsubstantiated) has served to only further complicate this case.

Reading this thread I had a terrible vision flash through my mind. What if tot mom put duct tape around Caylee's head to hush her crying and left her hands free. Don't know what happens to fingernails after decomp, but could it be possible that they found fingernails with either duct tape residue, or even dna evidence from a fight she may have had with her killer and that is some of the "overwhelming" evidence??? I know it's terrible to consider, but thoughts anyone? Could fingernails indicate chloroform?

Why would they want to leak this kind of info? If the info is legit. then they have an absolute airtihgt case, even for the DP. Why leak it so that she will confess and "make a deal" like some have mentioned? Why make a deal with someone you have on the hook completely? I'd think that they would want to throw the book at her full force rather than having her cop some plea. Also, throwing this kind of info out there just gives JB more ammo to go into court and say that his client can't get the fair, unbiased trial she has a right to.
I also just have a huge issue with the ethical violations this reporter has committed.
The report that was done concludes that Casey is 100% guilty of intentionally murdering her daughter. The report is based on a "source." These are huge accusations that have a direct impact on Caseys right to a fair trial by jury rather than by media proclamation. News organizations have clear rules about how and when anonymous sources are used. This stroy violates the general rule that you do not use such sources for personal attacks on individuals. This goes far beyond personal attack. The story is only going to further complicate the seating of an unbiased jury when the media has already declared her guilty by "overwhelming" evidence. Such a strong statement with no source.

My opinion would be to save the tax payers of Orange County a huge chunk of change!

I would like to add that ca may have known because if I had smelled something..... lets say in my husbands car I would say "smells like something died in there or smells like death" Not smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car" Who would say that????
Someone who had been in fear for her granddaughter's safety, one unseen by her for 31 days..that would change the whole picture for me! CA sounded panic striken and terrified in her 911 calls. She called it as she saw it, or rather smelled it...Kathleen

I respectfully disagree with that.

If LE was aware of someone who knew in advance KC was planning to kill Casey, that person certainly wouldn't be a tossed around as mere threat or potential "witness". That person would of already been charged as an accomplice and be equally responsible for Caylee's death. By mention of KC being "solely responsible" says the evidence they have suggests NO ONE knew in advance. No passing the blame on others in that....this is all about KC.

No, I don't mean that they knew in advance, but that she said something which later they put together as her plan. What was said at the time most likely did not give them a clue about her intentions, but after all of this came out, what she said made sense as to a pre plan.

I am not convinced yet she acted alone in this but that is not what I was talking about. There are some close associates of KC's that LE has interviewed but NOTHING has been released.

Why would they want to leak this kind of info? If the info is legit. then they have an absolute airtihgt case, even for the DP. Why leak it so that she will confess and "make a deal" like some have mentioned? Why make a deal with someone you have on the hook completely? I'd think that they would want to throw the book at her full force rather than having her cop some plea. Also, throwing this kind of info out there just gives JB more ammo to go into court and say that his client can't get the fair, unbiased trial she has a right to.
I also just have a huge issue with the ethical violations this reporter has committed.
The report that was done concludes that Casey is 100% guilty of intentionally murdering her daughter. The report is based on a "source." These are huge accusations that have a direct impact on Caseys right to a fair trial by jury rather than by media proclamation. News organizations have clear rules about how and when anonymous sources are used. This stroy violates the general rule that you do not use such sources for personal attacks on individuals. This goes far beyond personal attack. The story is only going to further complicate the seating of an unbiased jury when the media has already declared her guilty by "overwhelming" evidence. Such a strong statement with no source.

Huh? I worked as a reporter and editor for many years and I never heard of any such rule. For starters, there is a general rule that news stories aren't used for personal attacks on individuals. But reporting what a source says on a criminal case isn't a personal attack.

Some newsrooms require that a source based story be verified by at least one other reliable source. We don't know if this reporter did that or not. Often nowadays, especially in broadcast news where the deadline pressure and pressure to get a story out first is greater, that rule doesn't apply.

When you do write a single source story, a good reporter has use some judgement about the reliability of the source. Unless the source is revealed, you're not going to know if that was done or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro