Sources: Huckaby Claims Cantu Death 'An Accident'

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She had a plan which she executed. She took Sandra against her will and held her. She raped her. She murdered her. She disposed of her. She covered up the crime. She lied about all of it. It was in no way accidental.

The suitcase, the ploy to get Sandra away from other people, using the remote location (the church) to avoid detection of the crimes being committed at the time, possible drugging, and other things she did all point to premeditation and careful planning on Melissa's part, imo.

I def think the kidnap and molestation were planned. Maybe MH drugged her too much and she died--maybe that was the "accident" to which she is referring. Then, she did cover it up and lie about it, yes. Nothing excuses any of it.

This Huckaby has shown herself to be a pathological liar.

Think of Casey Anthony. If their lips are moving, they're lying.

If their lips AREN'T moving, theying THINKING about the lies they're going to tell when their lips ARE moving.

I'm not taking a shot at anyone but I'm honestly :waitasec: about the argument that this could have been an accident because the perpetrator claims it was an accident.

Again I think it shows our cultural attitudes towards women, and as SeriouslySearching said before on another thread, our gender bias.

I ask, if this were a man that commited kidnapping, murder and rape with a foreign object would we be giving him the benefit of the doubt if he claimed it was an accident during an interview with LE about his involvement?

O/T but this gal's a talker huh? Yacka Yacka

I'm pleased to hear that she at least did admit that she was involved in Sandra's kidnapping, murder, and rape with a foreign object.

I'm not pleased to hear her minimize what she did to Sandra by calling it an accident.

JMHO

Me neither! :furious: She is a creep.

Talking a lot fits right in with the narscisstic sociopathic characteristic. I remember BTK investigators saying that once he admitted who he was the day they arrested him, they could not shut him up!

I'm not taking a shot at anyone but I'm honestly :waitasec: about the argument that this could have been an accident because the perpetrator claims it was an accident.

Again I think it shows our cultural attitudes towards women, and as SeriouslySearching said before on another thread, our gender bias.

I ask, if this were a man that commited kidnapping, murder and rape with a foreign object would we be giving him the benefit of the doubt if he claimed it was an accident during an interview with LE about his involvement?

I was afraid I was going to come across as me justifying any of this, I'm really not--this is all speculation, as she keeps talking and talking and talking and that is how we know she did this--she said it was her suitcase, she said she has been accused of drugging before--maybe these are just all clues to what she did do. I am not believing what she says, just as I am not believing everything that is out there in the press. Maybe I am naive, but I tend to think we can only believe what TPD is saying, and that is not much at this point. :twocents:

Nope I don't think you're justifying her actions goofeegyrl. In fact, I can't imagine anyone that has read what happened to Sandra would justify any of it.

And yes I agree we have got to be careful with trusting all that media reports as factual. No doubt about that :)

Nope I don't think you're justifying her actions goofeegyrl. In fact, I can't imagine anyone that has read what happened to Sandra would justify any of it.

And yes I agree we have got to be careful with trusting all that media reports as factual. No doubt about that :)

Since you said this, and I'm finding conflicting reports as per usual in such a high profile case...

I've looked and looked, and in relation to this thread...sort of, is there an actual, reliable source for the sometimes mentioned "drugging of a child", allegedly brought back from the park by Huckaby a few weeks/months before this murder?

I don't know if this is just gossip, an open case now related to Cantu's murder, or what. Obviously, it would be critical if this is true, and would change everything. Now LE is asking for any other victims of Huckaby to come forward. That's why I'm trying to track down this source, to determine credibility.

Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance.

I def think the kidnap and molestation were planned. Maybe MH drugged her too much and she died--maybe that was the "accident" to which she is referring. Then, she did cover it up and lie about it, yes. Nothing excuses any of it.
She didn't take the suitcase to use for either the kidnapping or the molestation, imo. She took it to conceal the body she was going to eventually throw into the pond. No accident.

Since you said this, and I'm finding conflicting reports as per usual in such a high profile case...

I've looked and looked, and in relation to this thread...sort of, is there an actual, reliable source for the sometimes mentioned "drugging of a child", allegedly brought back from the park by Huckaby a few weeks/months before this murder?

I don't know if this is just gossip, an open case now related to Cantu's murder, or what. Obviously, it would be critical if this is true, and would change everything. Now LE is asking for any other victims of Huckaby to come forward. That's why I'm trying to track down this source, to determine credibility.

If you go to the media sources which spoke with Melissa Huckaby directly...you should find references Melissa made about being questioned in the drugging/molestation of a child. I don't have the links handy, but one is the Tracy Press and then other station (not sure of the call letters) with the reporter who talked to her should be available on our Media thread.

If you go to the media sources which spoke with Melissa Huckaby directly...you should find references Melissa made about being questioned in the drugging/molestation of a child. I don't have the links handy, but one is the Tracy Press and then other station (not sure of the call letters) with the reporter who talked to her should be available on our Media thread.

Thanks so much. I think I've seen those, but I am still confused about what exactly she's talking about. It would seem to me LE would be all over that BEFORE Sandra's murder. Since I think Huckaby is as unreliable as they come, by way of her lying about things that can obviously be fact checked by reporters, I don't know what to think of that info. Since it would be a child abuse case, maybe it's sealed so there's no way to know.

I'll look again, though, as I may have missed or forgotten something. Thanks again.

I agree, a very interesting theory. I don't think MB meant to kill SC but something went wrong. Either an accidental overdose if SC was being drugged or perhaps not enough of the drug... for instance, if SC regained consciousness while MH was molesting her and freaked out, threatening to tell that might have caused MC to panic and in trying to restrain SC accidentally killed her. I just don't see her purposely torturing SC and killing her for the pleasure of it. This was not some random girl she just met but part of her immediate community and a friend of her daughter and the family. Also if SC was an object of MH's desire then killing her for pleasure makes no sense.

Also if the murder was premeditated she would have planed the disposal of the body with more forethought. Disposing the body HER OWN suitcase in an irrigation pond that gets drained periodically shouts to me of no forethought and total panic.... in other words, an accidental death with a hurried cover up .

Anyway it is plausible that the assault "with a foreign object" might have been done after the death to deflect the investigation in another direction away from her... thus the note. Which interestingly enough might have two purposes. 1) to deflect the investigation and 2) as a way to assuage a guilty and remorseful conscious to give SC's family a form of closure.

Oh Boy it was a accident??? Yea rightthen like someone else said why the note instead of calling 911. The one thing I did catch when reading this article is that now the TPD are now asking if any one has a reason to belive Huckaby might have harmed their kid to come an talked the the TPD. This goes to the story going around Tracy that she has at least drugged 2 other Girls while living there only 8 months.

The autopsy report is still withheld from the public, so none of us knows the cause of death. But considering the reports of Huckaby's previous drugging of victims, it's not beyond the pale to speculate that Cantu's death resulted from the drugging and not an overt act like stabbing or asphyxiation, etc.

In that sense the death may be considered by Huckaby to be non-intentional, she never meant for the child to die, though of course by intentionally drugging the child to commit crimes upon her, and causing her death she would be guilty of murder anyway.

It's even possible (though rather unlikely) she did not abduct Sandra Cantu to molest or rape her, but did so in order to create the impression that the child had been murdered by a pedophile and not herself.

This claim of accident is not a "confession" or assertion made by Huckaby or her lawyer today or yesterday. It is, according to the press report, what police sources have told the press that Huckaby admitted, and I presume she did so in the course of the interrogation that preceded her arrest.

I think you might be on to something here. One question though, if she did not molest Sandra or intend to kill her, what would be her motive in drugging her?

Some may feel it's possible to separate an "unintentional" murder, from the deliberate act of kidnapping and molestation if the latter crimes fits w/ an established pattern of drugging young girls to molest them (please also let me know if anyone finds link). Yet the moment one undertakes to drug--ie POISON--a child, one has assaulted and recklessly endangered their life so overdosing is hardly under such circumstances what I would consider to be an "accident."

IMO there is no other explanation nor motive for drugging than molestation. And I definitely don't believe the crimes of rape, lewd and lacivious and/or abuse of a corpse were committed merely in an effort to conceal or stage what was an "accidental death." Not for one minute does this ring true to me, from every report we've heard Sandra's clothing was replaced on her. And we've heard nothing re any indicators of any other type of abuse nor obvious, outward signs of trauma to Sandra's body.

Am still interested in any reports of prior assaults, drugging of victims. Am also looking for interviews directly w Connie. JMO

Hmmm...i could see the defense using your scenario. And, I could see how it might cause just one juror to pause and offer 2nd or 3rd degree murder instead of 1st. Lord, I hope that LE and the prosecution have sufficient evidence of pre-meditation to refute the theory.

OT - Early in the investigation, I often thought that would be KC's best defense strategy, minus the sexual abuse part.

yep, this might be a "good" defense strategy, unless LE can find other sexual abuse victims. I'm sure her daughter has been completely examined and I'm sure they are trying to locate other SA victims. For all we know, this is exactly what happened (although I doubt it). Regardless, it is up to the DA to prove otherwise.

Thanks so much. I think I've seen those, but I am still confused about what exactly she's talking about. It would seem to me LE would be all over that BEFORE Sandra's murder. Since I think Huckaby is as unreliable as they come, by way of her lying about things that can obviously be fact checked by reporters, I don't know what to think of that info. Since it would be a child abuse case, maybe it's sealed so there's no way to know.

I'll look again, though, as I may have missed or forgotten something. Thanks again.
I just explained it on the rumor thread. ;)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3611873#post3611873

cbs13 interview with Melissa (too bad the reporter's cell phone died before she got to the drug allegations tho.....it was the closest there was to a media confirmation of the 'rumor' (you can find it in the video archive on the complete covereage at cbs13 or it may be on the media thread or in the general thread

cbs13 interview with Melissa (too bad the reporter's cell phone died before she got to the drug allegations tho.....it was the closest there was to a media confirmation of the 'rumor' (you can find it in the video archive on the complete covereage at cbs13 or it may be on the media thread or in the general thread

I just posted another link in the rumor thread, where a reporter from a different site talks about Melissa telling her about being questioned in the incident.

There is accident then there is accident, then again there is accident.

There is an accident where the child is riding a bike, falls and strikes her head. Usually 911 will be called.

Then there is accident where the adult is backing their vehicle and strikes a child. Usually 911 will be called.... unless they feel they could be liable for some other type of crime, like DUI.

Then there is accident like the man who beats and strangles his wife for hours. But he feels it was an accident, because he didn't mean to kill her... he just wanted to hurt her bad.

Then there is the serial killer, who claims the killings were accidents because he was just trying to shut them up and keep them from screaming. He might not have been done with them yet.

IOW what the perp says about accident doesn't mean much. If it was a true accident with no involvement from the perp- why didn't she call 911? Besides when a perp starts to break in talking with police, they will usually start with "it was an accident." IOW they try to minimize their culpability. But it doesn't mean it is true, it just means that was as much as she was willing to admit to at that time.

My understanding of the degrees of culpable death. Usually manslaughter, 2nd degree or 1st degree. Manslaughter- more or less an avoidable death, in which the perp played some role but didn't have an intention of killing and perhaps to some degree other forces were involved in the death or death could not have been reasonably expected. Two people fighting in the yard and one shoves the other into the street- a car turns the corner at just that time and strikes the victim.

2nd degree- perp didn't intend to kill, but took action where death was a reasonable expection- No premeditation. Assault with a deadly weapon resulting in death, drugging a child could fit under this I think.

1st degree- premedation, too action with the intent to kill, took action where death was a reasonable expectation.

If there is a person who had involvement in the death, who was also in commission of a crime, it will be called murder. The only thing that might be different is in the degree of murder that might be charged.

Theory: If rumors are to be believed and MH had drugged Sandra before, then that shows she knew what and how much of a drug to administer, and how to make sure the child was found so that permanent injury could be avoided. If it worked before, it should have worked again, right? Well that isn't necessarily true. The drug caused unconciousness before, and Sandra was found and taken to the hospital. This time she wasn't found in time. I'm thinking that Sandra was taken at MH's home, perhaps transported to the church in the suitcase while still alive. That might have compromised her ability to breathe and caused her death- possibly on the way home.

If that happened there may not have been an intent to kill. But the death happened during the commission of another felony which should jack up the degree. Some states also have something in the law that if you cause the death of a child during the commission of a felony, that makes it death penalty eligible.

Could she have done the abuse after death to try to make it look like a man had killed Sandra? Then why redress her and try to conceal the evidence? The autopsy should have been able to detect if the abuse happened before or after the death, and possibly she may have talked about what happened during her interrogation when she found out she was being charged with rape. If it was after death that would have resulted in different charges. Previous history, rumor or MH's own words indicate she might have kidnapped Sandra and molested her before, so it is doubtful.

JMO

How in the world could you rape someone accidently? If LE has evidence that the child was raped are we supposed to believe that after the rape she was accidently killed? How? As horrible as it is contemplate the rape it's absolutely crazy to think that she was killed accidently.

I suppose the rape might hace occured after death--an accidental death and then MH saw a opportunity to insert a foreign object into the poor child. Sure. And we have bridges to sell...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fat Cinnamon
Back