South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 38s38 seconds ago
Shrien made no mention of any extra money in Anni's handbag.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 1m1 minute ago
Shrien mentions the white (policeman) with the blonde hair pressurised police to send helicopters and highway police.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 2m2 minutes ago

Shrien made no mention of a helicopter trip he'd planned for him and Anni or that he had money with him for that.

Cross examination

In the recorded meeting, Dewani never mentioned the helicopter trip in that version either.

VZ: Did you get a copy of the stm you made to police in 2011? SM: No

VZ: I presume you didn't leak a copy of that stm to the media. SM: No, My Lady, I did not.

VZ: You said you made the recording because you were suspicious of the accused. SM: Yes

VZ: Were you aware of rumours in the press that the accused may have been involved. SM: I'm not sure, to be honest.

SM: It's possible but I cannot recall whether I heard the rumour then

VZ trying to suggest Sneha leaked her own police statement to the media now?

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 57s58 seconds ago
VZ: But you were suspicious enough to make a secret recording? SM: Yes. For me I felt that something was wrong.

SM: I did it for me. I wanted to know what happened to Anni.

SM: During the funeral, my uncle Ashok, asked me if there's anything I wanted to tell him about Anni & Shrien

News24 ‏@News24 1m1 minute ago
Anni's dad was also suspicious of Shrien, Mashru testifies. Asked if there was anything he should know about them.

SM: He was also suspicious. I showed him the text messages. He said "you should give this to the police."

Excuse my outrage - So it was okay for Dewani to go running to the UK's biggest PR man (at the time), but if Sneha had talked to the press about her own statement (which she says she did not) it's 'leaking'?

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 2m2 minutes ago
Sneha describes Anni and Shrien's relationship as turbulent. She says reports that the pair were happy were "not true".

VZ:That suspicion that drove you to the police.You are still suspicious today.SM:Shrien is here, accused of something

Excuse my outrage - So it was okay for Dewani to go running to the UK's biggest PR man (at the time), but if Sneha had talked to the press about her own statement (which she says she did not) it's 'leaking'?

It's just so unfair. I hope sneha holds up okay.

SM: Due to the circumstances we are here today, I still have my suspicions, yes.

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 3m3 minutes ago
VZ: you said after the blind date, they saw each other approximately once a month? Sneha: yes.

Sneha: In Sept we went together to the UK and stayed for a week. Shrien and Anni broke it off in December.

VZ: you said after the blind date, they saw each other approximately once a month? Sneha: yes.

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 2m2 minutes ago
VZ: accused will say that when the relationship became serious they saw each other more often than once a month.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 3m3 minutes ago
SM: That's why I say approximately

I loved her answer to the question of whether she still has suspicion: 'Shrien is accused of something so, yes, my suspicion is still there.'

VZ: The accused will say that your evidence that they broke it off, is incorrect.

SM: Ann i& I went to Singapore. We were going to meet SD, Preyen & his wife Kripa. But we did not, as it was broken off.

SM: That is how I know for sure that they had broken it off

VZ: When, do you say, they started going out again? SM: I can't recall exactly when they started again.

SM: But I know they were together by the 12 of March because it was Anni's birthday. Shrien couldn't make it.

SM: His secretary called me to ask what he could send her. That's how I know they were together on that day.

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 2m2 minutes ago
VZ: In other words by the Jan 1 there was no longer a relationship? Sneha: don't know exactly when they got back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia