Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 2m2 minutes ago

Tongo: In the second door, there were people sitting but not where we were. That's why I'm asking where he says they where were those people sitting?

VZ: Anyway, did you see people?

Tongo: There were no people

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 1m1 minute ago

Judge: how big is this room.

Tongo: it's quite big, that's why I'm asking where were those people sitting.

Tongo: where were those people sitting?

VZ: Anyway, did you see people?

Tongo: There were no people.

VZ: Anyway, the accused will say, he gave you the bag, thanked you & told you there's something inside for you. He says you then said that you're sorry about what happened. He asked when you're getting your car back you said you had no idea. You shook hands and parted. What do you say?

Tongo: That is nonsense.

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 2m2 minutes ago

VZ: the two of you then shook hands.

Tongo: that's nonsense!

VZ: that's why you were in that room for 64 seconds.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 1m1 minute ago

VZ: Did you not talk about your car?

Tongo: What he is saying is not true, My Lady. We never held hands

Leila Samodien ‏@Leila_Luck 49s50 seconds ago

Dispute between defence & Tongo over handing over of the parcel/plastic bag.

Van Zyl says according to Dewani, there was a couple sitting nearby, in the same room. Tongo does not agree.

12:08

Share Icon

VZ: Anyway, the accused will say, he gave you the bag, thanked you and told you there's something inside for you.

VZ: He says you then said that you're sorry about what happened. He asked when you're getting your car back you said you had no idea. You shook hands and parted. What do you say? ZT: That is nonsense.

VZ: Did you not talk about your car? ZT: What he is saying is not true, My Lady. We never held hands.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/LIVE-Dewani-in-court-day-15-20141105

Traverso: Mr. Tongo, I notice that you are getting very angry. And I appreciate that you've been in the witness stand for a long time. But please try and be calm and answer the questions to the best of your ability.

I don't see ANY evidence to incriminate Dewani at all in this. I see a man who was absolutely screwed by a taxi driver who saw $ and decided to arrange a kidnapping, robbery or ransom demand that went terribly wrong. ALL the evidence points to that. So Dewani was bi-sexual. And?! Who cares?! Men having affairs with other men while happily married are hardly unheard of. Does that mean they're likely to arrange a hit on their wife?? It's absurd. There's sobbing manically in a court to feign tramau but being sectioned for months. It's something else. The poor guy is and was absolutley distraught because guess what, his wife was kidnapped and shot dead on his honeymoon.

It's really worrying to see so many posters comment on the 'liar' Dewani or that he's this horrible guy. One poster even commented on his 'moodiness' after waking up with this totally irrelavant German fetish bloke as if said moodiness is a sign of him having the potential to off his wife. Ever thought he was moody because he's just woken up, hanging from drugs and drink, with a German fetish-master prostitute who has charged him and arm and a leg and doesn't exactly feel great about himself.

And to suggest this Tongo is giving bad evidence because his family is under a threat is absurd. There's no evidence for that. How about his evidence is bad because he's made the whole damn thing up to shave years of his sentence. The way some are bending this as far as they can to MAKE Dewani guilty makes me actually second guess my 100% guilt on OP for a split second! Not every suspect that goes to trial is guilty!

Seriously, cut this guy some slack. Not only does he lose his wife and get accused of her murder but his whole dirty laundry is brought out in public.

And btw, I haven't changed my opinion on OP one bit. Just making a point.

Just cut me some slack too then. I just repeated what the German guy said. I'm open to Dewani being innocent and I can change my mind, just as you can. Sorry you feel so strongly about my comments, but I wasn't out to hurt you.

12:16

Share Icon

ZT on discussions with SD in the car: At the time we were sitting at the back, the accused person wanted to find out whether everything has happened.

ZT: That is my summary of what happened, My Lady.

And VZ's not done yet... This is Tongo's seventh day on the stand so he's understandably frustrated.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 4m4 minutes ago

Traverso: I know Mr. Van Zyl must be irritating you to death but please try and stay calm

12:18

Share Icon

VZ: Back to the Thank You cards. You were not the only one to receive a card. Captain Lutchman also received one.

VZ: The Patel family, who assisted the accused also received one. This time, without money. Both were caught on CCTV.

VZ: Do you accept that that happened? ZT: Sir, whether her sent a card to the minister or president, it doesn't concern me. He never gave me a card.

VZ: A considerable amount (R15 000) - interpreter cuts in and exclaims 'yoh'.
Traverso jokes with the interpreter "I hope you don't change your day job now".

RAHIMA ESSOP ‏@rahimaessop 7m7 minutes ago

Judge tells Tongo that Van Zyl is doing his job and Tongo must stay calm and answer the questions.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 6m6 minutes ago

Tongo: At the time we were sitting at the back, the accused person wanted to find out whether everything has happened. That is my summary of what happened, My Lady

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 5m5 minutes ago

VZ: Back to the Thank You cards. You were not the only one to receive a card. Cpt. Lutchman also received one

VZ: The Patel family, who assisted the accused also received one. This time, without money. Both were caught on CCTV. Do you accept that that happened?

Tongo: Sir, whether her sent a card to the minister or president, it doesn't concern me. He never gave me a card.

VZ: A considerable amount (R15000) -

interpreter exclaims 'yoh' -

Tongo: I'm surprised he gave them that amount and he couldn't pay me (laughs throughout court benches)

Traverso jokes with the interpreter "I hope you don't change your day job now"

Tongo: He (SD) will deny that he did all the other things. ((Tongo is notably irritable today))

Back to Monde demanding R5000. Tongo maintains he told Monde that his money had nothing to do with him, And that he told Monde to discuss that with the young men.

Van Zyl now refers to Tongo's plea statement.

In it, Tongo says he called Monde to enquire whether the 1st man (Qwabe) had paid the R5000.

Tongo: I repeat. The fact that Monde wanted R5000 from me, I don't know. I referred him to the young men.

VZ saying he tipped the staff at the hotel a considerable amount, R15k. Interpreter exclaims "yoh" before interpreting..

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 3m3 minutes ago

Riley objects (a rare objection. The state has been relatively quiet). Tongo did not say that. Van Zyl apologises

(This objection is about this VZ: You statement says you phoned him to enquire and not, as you testified earlier,that he called you )

Van Zyl says Dewani also gave the hotel staff a tip of R15,000. Tongo says he’s surprised he gave them that amount and couldn't pay him.

http://ewn.co.za/Features/dewani-live-blog

Just confirming the tip to hotel staff as I wondered who Tongo was referring to with "I'm surprised he gave them that amount and he couldn't pay me (laughs throughout court benches)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot